Skip to main content

Runner concept

Submitted by matias on

Ok heres something I did today, took maybe 45 mins while surfing as well. I kinda liked it so I thought I'd see what you guys thought of it. I'm having trouble finding work so I have got time on my hands, so I thought I'd bulk up my colour pieces, but of course my tablet has just completly died, well the pen anyway so I'm tryin to inspire my self into painting with traditonal mediums again!

Anyway here the dude is, I'm goin into my shadowrun phase which crops up fairly often, oh well.

[img]http://home.austarnet.com.au/esjakku/link%20art/ZombieSR.jpg[/img]

Cheers
Matias

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 12/02/04 - 2:45 AM Permalink

that is one sweet sketch (dynamic seems to be a fitting word), its amazing because i designed a character a lot like him a while ago.

Also well done at blending the real with a kinda cartoony look

Submitted by Makk on Fri, 13/02/04 - 8:56 AM Permalink

Nice pose.
Good indication of different materials too. Dig the mask.

Good work :)

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 13/02/04 - 7:44 PM Permalink

Awesome dude, the size of the gun is cool could blow some wholes in faces with that thing.

Submitted by matias on Sat, 14/02/04 - 2:25 AM Permalink

Thanks guys, I'm glad the mask was recognizable somewhat I was worried about that, and yeah to bullet21, I wanted to go overboard with the gun a bit, I love the HUGE pistol look so I sneak that in sometimes.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 14/02/04 - 5:18 AM Permalink

dw man, i love that stuff to, having things like large guns, hands, feet can look really cool i find (if used well :P )

oh and sorry to say i didnt notice the mask first off :P

Submitted by matias on Sat, 14/02/04 - 8:17 AM Permalink

haha, don't worry it wasn't meant to be an overt feature, I agree with you about the big hands and stuff, but it is all in the application.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 16/02/04 - 4:04 AM Permalink

now that i think about it if u wanna have a mask on a character like that it probably helps to have the mask more stale and not so well put for the picture.

What i mean by that is that ur mask is looking where the guy would be looking and displaying the appropriate expression. Really if its a mask it would be looking forward without the pensive like expression aswell.

Just a thought when i read ur reply :P

Submitted by matias on Mon, 16/02/04 - 10:31 PM Permalink

Yeah, looking at it it seems unclear, I was thinking of making it more like face paint if I do it in colour, I don't know if you know spawn, I used collect the comics and there was a pretty cool guy his name was Chapel I think and he had awesome facepaint. So thats kinda what it might turn into. I totally get what your saying about the mask thing too!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 17/02/04 - 5:40 AM Permalink

i know spawn but im not familliar with that character, but i get you about face paint ofcourse, i was trying to work out a method for creating good looking face paint in PS (ended up just painting it with brush and such :P ). The most famous painted face would probably be darth maul or KISS or something :P

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 17/02/04 - 6:18 PM Permalink

Yeah i loved spawn as well, he is still by far my favourite comic character. If I recall correctly Chapel was a big muscular bold guy with the white face paint. It would suit him perfect.

Posted by matias on

Ok heres something I did today, took maybe 45 mins while surfing as well. I kinda liked it so I thought I'd see what you guys thought of it. I'm having trouble finding work so I have got time on my hands, so I thought I'd bulk up my colour pieces, but of course my tablet has just completly died, well the pen anyway so I'm tryin to inspire my self into painting with traditonal mediums again!

Anyway here the dude is, I'm goin into my shadowrun phase which crops up fairly often, oh well.

[img]http://home.austarnet.com.au/esjakku/link%20art/ZombieSR.jpg[/img]

Cheers
Matias

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 12/02/04 - 2:45 AM Permalink

that is one sweet sketch (dynamic seems to be a fitting word), its amazing because i designed a character a lot like him a while ago.

Also well done at blending the real with a kinda cartoony look

Submitted by Makk on Fri, 13/02/04 - 8:56 AM Permalink

Nice pose.
Good indication of different materials too. Dig the mask.

Good work :)

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 13/02/04 - 7:44 PM Permalink

Awesome dude, the size of the gun is cool could blow some wholes in faces with that thing.

Submitted by matias on Sat, 14/02/04 - 2:25 AM Permalink

Thanks guys, I'm glad the mask was recognizable somewhat I was worried about that, and yeah to bullet21, I wanted to go overboard with the gun a bit, I love the HUGE pistol look so I sneak that in sometimes.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 14/02/04 - 5:18 AM Permalink

dw man, i love that stuff to, having things like large guns, hands, feet can look really cool i find (if used well :P )

oh and sorry to say i didnt notice the mask first off :P

Submitted by matias on Sat, 14/02/04 - 8:17 AM Permalink

haha, don't worry it wasn't meant to be an overt feature, I agree with you about the big hands and stuff, but it is all in the application.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 16/02/04 - 4:04 AM Permalink

now that i think about it if u wanna have a mask on a character like that it probably helps to have the mask more stale and not so well put for the picture.

What i mean by that is that ur mask is looking where the guy would be looking and displaying the appropriate expression. Really if its a mask it would be looking forward without the pensive like expression aswell.

Just a thought when i read ur reply :P

Submitted by matias on Mon, 16/02/04 - 10:31 PM Permalink

Yeah, looking at it it seems unclear, I was thinking of making it more like face paint if I do it in colour, I don't know if you know spawn, I used collect the comics and there was a pretty cool guy his name was Chapel I think and he had awesome facepaint. So thats kinda what it might turn into. I totally get what your saying about the mask thing too!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 17/02/04 - 5:40 AM Permalink

i know spawn but im not familliar with that character, but i get you about face paint ofcourse, i was trying to work out a method for creating good looking face paint in PS (ended up just painting it with brush and such :P ). The most famous painted face would probably be darth maul or KISS or something :P

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 17/02/04 - 6:18 PM Permalink

Yeah i loved spawn as well, he is still by far my favourite comic character. If I recall correctly Chapel was a big muscular bold guy with the white face paint. It would suit him perfect.