Skip to main content

anim help

Submitted by boat on
Forum

hi dudes, im doing a short anin but i cant really figure out how to repeat animations.

i have a tank, that shoots, and it takes around 20 key frames to fire.

um and there xxis a whole battle going on. so is there a way to do the animation once. then just kinda copy them to one keyframe so i can drop it on other tanks at other times ?

hope you get what im saying.

thanx

Submitted by kingofdaveness on Mon, 20/10/03 - 6:41 AM Permalink

Oh Yeah, if your doing it in 3dsmax you can do it lots of ways.

Let me know if you are and Ill help you.

Submitted by Aven on Mon, 20/10/03 - 6:59 AM Permalink

maya also has quite a few was of doing it. easiest is to make the tracks a character set and then save the animation as a clip. then you just tell it to repeat.

Submitted by boat on Mon, 20/10/03 - 10:37 PM Permalink

yeah in 3ds max.
i havent really used the track view much, but i can kinda see how it might be done in there.

thanx for any help :)

Submitted by SwollenMember on Sat, 21/01/06 - 10:16 AM Permalink

hi, i'm sorry for digging out this old post, but i'm using 3ds max 7 and i just need the information =)

i have that little character animation with a biped guy doing limbo, he does one step with each foot (freeform) and the center of mass goes with it. i just want to repeat the walking animation while still keeping him moving forward

thx in advance for your help, i guess it's not that difficult, i just can't find it

chris

Submitted by LDM on Mon, 30/01/06 - 9:08 AM Permalink

I guess you could just do a drag select over the key frames. hold SHIFT and drag it past the old set. this will make a copy of the key frames further down the time line.

Works with normal things, it might be different with bi-ped.
Give it a go at least.
Save first :)

Submitted by J I Styles on Mon, 30/01/06 - 8:42 PM Permalink

For the character, there's a number of ways, but most easiest would be to save it off as a .bip and use mixer to loop it or selectively blend clips to form your whole.

And for prosperity sake, here's some info to your first tank related question: The merge animation (under the file menu) will allow you to clone animation from one tank to another. You could always use a character group with the same method, and just save the .anm

Posted by boat on
Forum

hi dudes, im doing a short anin but i cant really figure out how to repeat animations.

i have a tank, that shoots, and it takes around 20 key frames to fire.

um and there xxis a whole battle going on. so is there a way to do the animation once. then just kinda copy them to one keyframe so i can drop it on other tanks at other times ?

hope you get what im saying.

thanx

Submitted by kingofdaveness on Mon, 20/10/03 - 6:41 AM Permalink

Oh Yeah, if your doing it in 3dsmax you can do it lots of ways.

Let me know if you are and Ill help you.

Submitted by Aven on Mon, 20/10/03 - 6:59 AM Permalink

maya also has quite a few was of doing it. easiest is to make the tracks a character set and then save the animation as a clip. then you just tell it to repeat.

Submitted by boat on Mon, 20/10/03 - 10:37 PM Permalink

yeah in 3ds max.
i havent really used the track view much, but i can kinda see how it might be done in there.

thanx for any help :)

Submitted by SwollenMember on Sat, 21/01/06 - 10:16 AM Permalink

hi, i'm sorry for digging out this old post, but i'm using 3ds max 7 and i just need the information =)

i have that little character animation with a biped guy doing limbo, he does one step with each foot (freeform) and the center of mass goes with it. i just want to repeat the walking animation while still keeping him moving forward

thx in advance for your help, i guess it's not that difficult, i just can't find it

chris

Submitted by LDM on Mon, 30/01/06 - 9:08 AM Permalink

I guess you could just do a drag select over the key frames. hold SHIFT and drag it past the old set. this will make a copy of the key frames further down the time line.

Works with normal things, it might be different with bi-ped.
Give it a go at least.
Save first :)

Submitted by J I Styles on Mon, 30/01/06 - 8:42 PM Permalink

For the character, there's a number of ways, but most easiest would be to save it off as a .bip and use mixer to loop it or selectively blend clips to form your whole.

And for prosperity sake, here's some info to your first tank related question: The merge animation (under the file menu) will allow you to clone animation from one tank to another. You could always use a character group with the same method, and just save the .anm