Skip to main content

Marketing Work Placement Project

Submitted by Angel on

Greetings,

I'm currently studying a course in business marketing and I need to complete a work placement project as part of one of my assignments.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a gamedev related company with a marketing department that would allow me to complete my work there.

If I need to I will go find a marketing department that offers a work experience program in some other industry, however I intend to persue a career in the game development and I believe that such work experience would be valuable.

I appreciate any advice shared.

Submitted by bananaboy on Fri, 11/03/05 - 4:01 AM Permalink

If you're in Melbourne, it might be worth contacting THQ. They have an office in Melbourne.

cheers
sam.

Submitted by Angel on Mon, 14/03/05 - 8:37 AM Permalink

Thanks,

I'll have a look into it, I currently live in Brisbane but perhaps I could go stay down in Melbourne for a while (if I managed to procure the position) or something like that.

Submitted by mcdrewski on Mon, 14/03/05 - 9:32 AM Permalink

...Think you might have to market yourself to one of the companies in Brisbane if you want a job up here. We have a few up here - THQ, Pandemic, Auran, Krome are the bigger "corporate" ones I can think of off the top of my head, plus some smaller ones like Halfbrick, Kalescent, Fuzzyeyes etc.

But if you're really looking for valuable work experience, doing your own research on the companies is really the only way to land ANY job.

Submitted by Angel on Mon, 14/03/05 - 9:57 PM Permalink

Landing a job would be great, though I'm trying to get my studies done first. I know there are a lot of companies around Brisbane, I just wasn't sure which ones had marketing departments and thought I'd ask here. I'm currently in Los Angeles, but as soon as I get back to Australia, I plan on calling around and asking. (If you're curious, I'm studying by correspondence which is why I can travel)

For the work placement assignment, I need to reach certain outcomes that can only be experienced in a marketing department. It'd be so much easier if it was just a regular work experience project!

Anyway, thanks for the replies, I'll start looking at the companies you've suggested and move on from there.

~Jade

Posted by Angel on

Greetings,

I'm currently studying a course in business marketing and I need to complete a work placement project as part of one of my assignments.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a gamedev related company with a marketing department that would allow me to complete my work there.

If I need to I will go find a marketing department that offers a work experience program in some other industry, however I intend to persue a career in the game development and I believe that such work experience would be valuable.

I appreciate any advice shared.

Submitted by bananaboy on Fri, 11/03/05 - 4:01 AM Permalink

If you're in Melbourne, it might be worth contacting THQ. They have an office in Melbourne.

cheers
sam.

Submitted by Angel on Mon, 14/03/05 - 8:37 AM Permalink

Thanks,

I'll have a look into it, I currently live in Brisbane but perhaps I could go stay down in Melbourne for a while (if I managed to procure the position) or something like that.

Submitted by mcdrewski on Mon, 14/03/05 - 9:32 AM Permalink

...Think you might have to market yourself to one of the companies in Brisbane if you want a job up here. We have a few up here - THQ, Pandemic, Auran, Krome are the bigger "corporate" ones I can think of off the top of my head, plus some smaller ones like Halfbrick, Kalescent, Fuzzyeyes etc.

But if you're really looking for valuable work experience, doing your own research on the companies is really the only way to land ANY job.

Submitted by Angel on Mon, 14/03/05 - 9:57 PM Permalink

Landing a job would be great, though I'm trying to get my studies done first. I know there are a lot of companies around Brisbane, I just wasn't sure which ones had marketing departments and thought I'd ask here. I'm currently in Los Angeles, but as soon as I get back to Australia, I plan on calling around and asking. (If you're curious, I'm studying by correspondence which is why I can travel)

For the work placement assignment, I need to reach certain outcomes that can only be experienced in a marketing department. It'd be so much easier if it was just a regular work experience project!

Anyway, thanks for the replies, I'll start looking at the companies you've suggested and move on from there.

~Jade