mars rover animation

Submitted by inglis on
Forum

check this out:

http://www.maasdigital.com/mervideo-medium.html

Mass Digital MER Animation.

very cool

Submitted by souri on Sat, 10/01/04 - 12:48 PM Permalink

I've been viewing the rover images and updates, which I'm sure everyone finds fascinating.. even more fascinating is the prospect of [url="http://science.slashdot.org/science/04/01/09/0334253.shtml?tid=103&tid=…"]a manned mission to mars and the moon[/url], which Bush is expected to announce next week!
I'm sure it'll only cost a portion of what it cost the U.S to rebuild Iraq ($70 Billion)..

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 10/01/04 - 1:21 PM Permalink

i find it very interesting. seeing pictures of another planet...even if it just looks like a wasteland.
they recently discovered that mars once had a magnetic field just like what earth has now.

so my guess is what happened on mars is just like the move 'the core' lol...

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 17/01/04 - 5:19 AM Permalink

it does look a bit... bleak dosent it, still its fascinating to think of humans on the planet and colonization. But i dunno about Bush jumping in with this plan, seems to me to be a little further down on the priority list. I think bush is sort of only in it for show and if he wasnt getting that then he wouldnt have even involved himself in it.

i can see it now, America claims Mars as there own planet :P

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 17/01/04 - 5:30 AM Permalink

i think they are looking for bin laden.

Submitted by Kane on Sat, 17/01/04 - 7:07 AM Permalink

yeh...you couldn't miss seeing that turban from Mars...

Submitted by souri on Sat, 17/01/04 - 3:35 PM Permalink

Yeh, the landscape on Mars looks very bleak [:)]. As fascinating as the pictures of the Martian landscape are, those 3d animations that illustrate how the rover entered the atmosphere, bounced, unwravel, roll out etc are pretty awesome too!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 17/01/04 - 11:12 PM Permalink

heh heh a few years ago i would have looked at that and said "oh yeah animation thing" now im going "did they make that with maya or max...."
its pretty neat though :D

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 19/01/04 - 7:17 AM Permalink

then theres the people who actually know.... :P

Posted by inglis on
Forum

check this out:

http://www.maasdigital.com/mervideo-medium.html

Mass Digital MER Animation.

very cool

Submitted by souri on Sat, 10/01/04 - 12:48 PM Permalink

I've been viewing the rover images and updates, which I'm sure everyone finds fascinating.. even more fascinating is the prospect of [url="http://science.slashdot.org/science/04/01/09/0334253.shtml?tid=103&tid=…"]a manned mission to mars and the moon[/url], which Bush is expected to announce next week!
I'm sure it'll only cost a portion of what it cost the U.S to rebuild Iraq ($70 Billion)..

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 10/01/04 - 1:21 PM Permalink

i find it very interesting. seeing pictures of another planet...even if it just looks like a wasteland.
they recently discovered that mars once had a magnetic field just like what earth has now.

so my guess is what happened on mars is just like the move 'the core' lol...

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 17/01/04 - 5:19 AM Permalink

it does look a bit... bleak dosent it, still its fascinating to think of humans on the planet and colonization. But i dunno about Bush jumping in with this plan, seems to me to be a little further down on the priority list. I think bush is sort of only in it for show and if he wasnt getting that then he wouldnt have even involved himself in it.

i can see it now, America claims Mars as there own planet :P

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 17/01/04 - 5:30 AM Permalink

i think they are looking for bin laden.

Submitted by Kane on Sat, 17/01/04 - 7:07 AM Permalink

yeh...you couldn't miss seeing that turban from Mars...

Submitted by souri on Sat, 17/01/04 - 3:35 PM Permalink

Yeh, the landscape on Mars looks very bleak [:)]. As fascinating as the pictures of the Martian landscape are, those 3d animations that illustrate how the rover entered the atmosphere, bounced, unwravel, roll out etc are pretty awesome too!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 17/01/04 - 11:12 PM Permalink

heh heh a few years ago i would have looked at that and said "oh yeah animation thing" now im going "did they make that with maya or max...."
its pretty neat though :D

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 19/01/04 - 7:17 AM Permalink

then theres the people who actually know.... :P