Skip to main content

bosis leech (monster)

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on

[IMG]http://members.optusnet.com.au/altiquek/monster2.jpg[/IMG]

trying out my hand at monsters for a while.

thoughts and critic very welcome.

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Sun, 10/07/05 - 1:46 AM Permalink

Oh thats so cool. I really dig the mish mash of different animal groups you have there; Half human/bird/squid type thing. Wouldn't really want that thing to be stuck on my arm o_O
cool stuff :)

...wait thats a beak isnt it? or 5 million mashing claws?

Submitted by J I Styles on Tue, 12/07/05 - 7:40 PM Permalink

I'm liking the revised teal/blue version better; just feels more refined and tight.
One thing I'd really like to see is a bit more unified and consistent feel to the rendering of the piece. more range to the lighting, chuck in a secondary rim light to pick up details in un-defined areas; I think if you spent just an extra hour and did things like pull out volume on details like the belly button, and upper torso, it would give you a lot tighter and more "finished" feeling piece.

Only other idea would be to play around and create some new fiber type of brushes; gentle thickness in, and medium flow, and I think your single brush strokes would look a lot more appealing ( like the strokes on the bottom of the legs). It would just give it a little more sense of direction and gesture in your strokes.

Submitted by rezn0r on Tue, 12/07/05 - 10:15 PM Permalink

I quite like your drawing style by the way Alti.

It makes me want to start drawing again.

Scott.

Posted by Anonymous (not verified) on

[IMG]http://members.optusnet.com.au/altiquek/monster2.jpg[/IMG]

trying out my hand at monsters for a while.

thoughts and critic very welcome.

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Sun, 10/07/05 - 1:46 AM Permalink

Oh thats so cool. I really dig the mish mash of different animal groups you have there; Half human/bird/squid type thing. Wouldn't really want that thing to be stuck on my arm o_O
cool stuff :)

...wait thats a beak isnt it? or 5 million mashing claws?

Submitted by J I Styles on Tue, 12/07/05 - 7:40 PM Permalink

I'm liking the revised teal/blue version better; just feels more refined and tight.
One thing I'd really like to see is a bit more unified and consistent feel to the rendering of the piece. more range to the lighting, chuck in a secondary rim light to pick up details in un-defined areas; I think if you spent just an extra hour and did things like pull out volume on details like the belly button, and upper torso, it would give you a lot tighter and more "finished" feeling piece.

Only other idea would be to play around and create some new fiber type of brushes; gentle thickness in, and medium flow, and I think your single brush strokes would look a lot more appealing ( like the strokes on the bottom of the legs). It would just give it a little more sense of direction and gesture in your strokes.

Submitted by rezn0r on Tue, 12/07/05 - 10:15 PM Permalink

I quite like your drawing style by the way Alti.

It makes me want to start drawing again.

Scott.