Skip to main content

RAM

Submitted by codyalday on
Forum

I was using Character Stuiod Yesterday to do some animations, and seriously, I can't take it anymore, 1 Frame I do, and then the Computer goes so Slow, that Slow I have to Restart and do another Frame. So I need to Ask a Favour, does anyone here have a Old Computer or Some Old Computer Parts ( RAM ) that you could give me. My brother said the Computer has 64 MB PC 100, so if anyone has that Type, and they don't need it, could you chuck it my way please? I Would really apriciate it.

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 09/07/04 - 6:36 AM Permalink

64 MB PC100 (:() i'm very sad for you, i would say it is really time for a serioud upgrade. I can't help you with the ram thingy though mate. Please Upgrade, you'll be a whole lot happier.

Submitted by codyalday on Fri, 09/07/04 - 7:32 AM Permalink

Yeah, my Brother is Building his Computer.

Submitted by palantir on Fri, 09/07/04 - 7:57 AM Permalink

64 MB? Ouch! I've got 512 MB and that's hardly enough, so I don't know how you could get by with only 64.

Well, good luck trying to get some one to give you free RAM :)

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 09/07/04 - 10:05 AM Permalink

pc 100 is pretty damn cheap if you can find it, try a computer fair - you should be able to pick up a 256 stick or 2 for around $25 maybe less.

Be sure you get it in an Anti-static bag tho [;)]

But damn - 64 mb [:O]

Submitted by Discmage on Sat, 10/07/04 - 3:09 AM Permalink

I have 1Gb of Ram...and THAT'S not enough! :)

But I agree on the trade fair thing or swap meet. There's some very good deals there if you need it. And if you work them well you can work the guys down to pretty much giving it away :)

But yeah, finding some might be a trick...

Posted by codyalday on
Forum

I was using Character Stuiod Yesterday to do some animations, and seriously, I can't take it anymore, 1 Frame I do, and then the Computer goes so Slow, that Slow I have to Restart and do another Frame. So I need to Ask a Favour, does anyone here have a Old Computer or Some Old Computer Parts ( RAM ) that you could give me. My brother said the Computer has 64 MB PC 100, so if anyone has that Type, and they don't need it, could you chuck it my way please? I Would really apriciate it.

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 09/07/04 - 6:36 AM Permalink

64 MB PC100 (:() i'm very sad for you, i would say it is really time for a serioud upgrade. I can't help you with the ram thingy though mate. Please Upgrade, you'll be a whole lot happier.

Submitted by codyalday on Fri, 09/07/04 - 7:32 AM Permalink

Yeah, my Brother is Building his Computer.

Submitted by palantir on Fri, 09/07/04 - 7:57 AM Permalink

64 MB? Ouch! I've got 512 MB and that's hardly enough, so I don't know how you could get by with only 64.

Well, good luck trying to get some one to give you free RAM :)

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 09/07/04 - 10:05 AM Permalink

pc 100 is pretty damn cheap if you can find it, try a computer fair - you should be able to pick up a 256 stick or 2 for around $25 maybe less.

Be sure you get it in an Anti-static bag tho [;)]

But damn - 64 mb [:O]

Submitted by Discmage on Sat, 10/07/04 - 3:09 AM Permalink

I have 1Gb of Ram...and THAT'S not enough! :)

But I agree on the trade fair thing or swap meet. There's some very good deals there if you need it. And if you work them well you can work the guys down to pretty much giving it away :)

But yeah, finding some might be a trick...