Skip to main content

"Pro" reels

Submitted by mcdrewski on
Forum

Reading through http://www.sumea.com.au/sarticle.asp?art_ID=16 , I noticed this quote from Steve Stamatiadis.

quote:If you're new to the industry it might be worth getting a hold of a pro reel to see what you should be doing. If you're in a course it would be worth asking your instructors/tutors to show you their reels/portfolios so you can get a better idea.

I know there's a lot of great work posted in member galleries here on Sumea, but can anyone suggest sites where a n00b can find some "pro reels" to see?

-d

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 08/11/04 - 9:20 PM Permalink

www.cgtalk.com - You should be able to find some diamonds in the rough there.

www.raph.com - Another source of high quality work.

www.gamasutra.com - Check out the artist section and have a gander through the professional section ( these guys are mostly over the age of 35 ) some of the students portfolios are also exquisite.

Hope that helps [:)]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 10/11/04 - 3:36 AM Permalink

that demo reel was by far the best and most engaging ive seen!

Posted by mcdrewski on
Forum

Reading through http://www.sumea.com.au/sarticle.asp?art_ID=16 , I noticed this quote from Steve Stamatiadis.

quote:If you're new to the industry it might be worth getting a hold of a pro reel to see what you should be doing. If you're in a course it would be worth asking your instructors/tutors to show you their reels/portfolios so you can get a better idea.

I know there's a lot of great work posted in member galleries here on Sumea, but can anyone suggest sites where a n00b can find some "pro reels" to see?

-d

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 08/11/04 - 9:20 PM Permalink

www.cgtalk.com - You should be able to find some diamonds in the rough there.

www.raph.com - Another source of high quality work.

www.gamasutra.com - Check out the artist section and have a gander through the professional section ( these guys are mostly over the age of 35 ) some of the students portfolios are also exquisite.

Hope that helps [:)]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 10/11/04 - 3:36 AM Permalink

that demo reel was by far the best and most engaging ive seen!