Skip to main content

CHM Authoring tool.

Submitted by rezn0r on
Forum

Does anyone know of a good CHM authoring tool that isn't HTML Help? It's driving me absolutely berserk as it's falling to pieces and working with mixed results on other machines.

A free monkey for anyone that knows of one. [B)]

Scott.

Submitted by Daemin on Fri, 08/07/05 - 4:14 AM Permalink

Not really, CHM is a microsoft format, and the only tool that I'd ever used was HTML Help.

I suppose you could google it and try to find some other commercial application, but my bet would be that those tools would just be a frontend for HTML Help anyways (or the command line tools that it uses).

Submitted by rezn0r on Fri, 08/07/05 - 10:22 PM Permalink

Ok, it looks like I'm not as dumb as I thought I was. MS clobbered something with one of it's security patches and HTML Help is a casualty. Still looking for a fix to this issue. *Shakes fist*

Scott.

Submitted by mcdrewski on Fri, 08/07/05 - 10:54 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by rezn0r

Ok, it looks like I'm not as dumb as I thought I was.

***remains pointedly silent*** [:o)]

Posted by rezn0r on
Forum

Does anyone know of a good CHM authoring tool that isn't HTML Help? It's driving me absolutely berserk as it's falling to pieces and working with mixed results on other machines.

A free monkey for anyone that knows of one. [B)]

Scott.

Submitted by Daemin on Fri, 08/07/05 - 4:14 AM Permalink

Not really, CHM is a microsoft format, and the only tool that I'd ever used was HTML Help.

I suppose you could google it and try to find some other commercial application, but my bet would be that those tools would just be a frontend for HTML Help anyways (or the command line tools that it uses).

Submitted by rezn0r on Fri, 08/07/05 - 10:22 PM Permalink

Ok, it looks like I'm not as dumb as I thought I was. MS clobbered something with one of it's security patches and HTML Help is a casualty. Still looking for a fix to this issue. *Shakes fist*

Scott.

Submitted by mcdrewski on Fri, 08/07/05 - 10:54 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by rezn0r

Ok, it looks like I'm not as dumb as I thought I was.

***remains pointedly silent*** [:o)]