Skip to main content

NTSC or PAL Question

Submitted by tbag on
Forum

Howdy,

Long time no see!

Just wondering if i order PC games over from the states
will they work here in Australia? As far as i know they will but I've heard different stories, so can anyone guide me?

Cheers,

Tom

Submitted by Rahnem on Sat, 08/05/04 - 4:06 AM Permalink

Yes they will work. There is not difference between a US computer and Australian computer except the power supply. NSTC and PAL have to do the television ratios and do not apply to computers.

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 08/05/04 - 4:13 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Rahnem

Yes they will work. There is not difference between a US computer and Australian computer except the power supply. NSTC and PAL have to do the television ratios and do not apply to computers.

Excellent. That could save me a decent amount of cash. [;)]

Submitted by DaMunkee on Sat, 08/05/04 - 12:26 PM Permalink

No doubt, with the US dollar crash of the past few months (thank you Mr Bush) My funds for relocating to Australia have tanked! But what that does mean is instead of paying $100 AUD for your games, you can buy them from the US at at most $50 USD ($75AUD) Of course, you're only allowed to bring in $400 AUD at a time or you'll be charged import duties. And, shipping is not exactly cheap from the US. But hey, it could be worht a shot especially if you EBay or get used games.

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 08/05/04 - 7:48 PM Permalink

Beautiful, looks like i might be ordering myself UT2004 DVD Special Edition in a few days for the low price of $50 AUD ($35 US). However add $10-$15 or so for shipping [;)] but it still saves me $30.

Submitted by Blitz on Sun, 09/05/04 - 5:35 AM Permalink

Quite a few (mostly only online) aussie game shops are starting to sell games a bit cheaper than normal. ie. a game that retails for US$50 is being sold for about AU$80 at some places, which is probably as cheap as you are going to get it from the US after shipping. Of course then there are crazy US stores that sell games for like 2 cents above the price they buy it at haha.
CYer, Blitz

Posted by tbag on
Forum

Howdy,

Long time no see!

Just wondering if i order PC games over from the states
will they work here in Australia? As far as i know they will but I've heard different stories, so can anyone guide me?

Cheers,

Tom

Submitted by Rahnem on Sat, 08/05/04 - 4:06 AM Permalink

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 08/05/04 - 4:13 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Rahnem

Excellent. That could save me a decent amount of cash. [;)]

Submitted by DaMunkee on Sat, 08/05/04 - 12:26 PM Permalink

No doubt, with the US dollar crash of the past few months (thank you Mr Bush) My funds for relocating to Australia have tanked! But what that does mean is instead of paying $100 AUD for your games, you can buy them from the US at at most $50 USD ($75AUD) Of course, you're only allowed to bring in $400 AUD at a time or you'll be charged import duties. And, shipping is not exactly cheap from the US. But hey, it could be worht a shot especially if you EBay or get used games.

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 08/05/04 - 7:48 PM Permalink

Beautiful, looks like i might be ordering myself UT2004 DVD Special Edition in a few days for the low price of $50 AUD ($35 US). However add $10-$15 or so for shipping [;)] but it still saves me $30.

Submitted by Blitz on Sun, 09/05/04 - 5:35 AM Permalink

Quite a few (mostly only online) aussie game shops are starting to sell games a bit cheaper than normal. ie. a game that retails for US$50 is being sold for about AU$80 at some places, which is probably as cheap as you are going to get it from the US after shipping. Of course then there are crazy US stores that sell games for like 2 cents above the price they buy it at haha.
CYer, Blitz