Now that we have a nice big design brief to work of we can start implementing the tech and art.
First in line for assets is some concept art. I would like to see some concept of the following:
- The campaign map with its solar systems from a top down 2D plane view
- The campaign map should detail the scale of the game but not necessarily accurately scope the size of the planets in comparison to a sun. Liberty can be taken haha
- The orbital territory interface of a planet with orbit rings - this can be much more 3D and spatial
- any combination of ships and fleets
- looking at the planets and how to best represent a defense station, resource node or resource station on the planet
If anyones really keen we can start making some preliminary models of ships, fighters and carriers and the planets, moons, asteroids and other satellites.
I've got a good idea of how I want the game play and design to work but with only a rough idea of how it should look. I'm also quite certain that the look of the game is going to have a big impact on the game too.
Any discussion to the look of the game can continue in the art thread.