Skip to main content

Fraudalent Domain Registrar!!

Submitted by Kalescent on
Forum

I wish to express the situation which has come upon us:

Firstly we recieve an email over week ago now stating that we should renew our Domain name registration with our registrar. All is good and well.

I try to do this and as it turns out iregistrations no longer exists at the place of residence - no phone numbers, and the service emails no longer exist either.

Our Domain expires... So our website is currently down [V][V]

The story Continues..

Currently iregistrations is listed as a reseller for a company in the US called enom. I ring enom - " Im sorry but youll need to contact iregistrations in order to unlock the domain in order for it to be transfered to another registrar "

I google for information on iregistrations only to find I am not alone. In fact - I am one of the lucky ones, many companies where charged 3 and 4 times for transactions of various service purchases. It seems iregistrations have taken the cash and ran.

So I'm left with re-registering a new domain, and awaiting a confirmation that the old is now dead in order for me to re-register.

Bottom line : Avoid enom & iregistrations.

Im currently organising a .au domain - to get everything back online.

Astounding. [:0]

Submitted by souri on Sat, 09/04/05 - 12:36 AM Permalink

About 2 years ago, I started getting mail in the post that I needed to renew my domain name and that the domain would expire if I don't pay. It was weird because I had another year and a bit left. About 2 weeks later, I got another one. At this point, I thought maybe something was up, so I contacted my registrar and found that I definately had plenty of time left. I even got a few more letters in the mail which I just threw in the bin. Anyway, the company that sent all these got slapped by the department of Fair Trading for trying to mislead people and companies to renew their domain names with a new registrar..

It's not as bad as a registrar taking your money and running off, but it's definately up there in the scamming list.

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 14/04/05 - 11:05 PM Permalink

After a week long saga - its been sorted out. The website will be functional again at midnight tonight.

What a bizzare week. [:O]

Posted by Kalescent on
Forum

I wish to express the situation which has come upon us:

Firstly we recieve an email over week ago now stating that we should renew our Domain name registration with our registrar. All is good and well.

I try to do this and as it turns out iregistrations no longer exists at the place of residence - no phone numbers, and the service emails no longer exist either.

Our Domain expires... So our website is currently down [V][V]

The story Continues..

Currently iregistrations is listed as a reseller for a company in the US called enom. I ring enom - " Im sorry but youll need to contact iregistrations in order to unlock the domain in order for it to be transfered to another registrar "

I google for information on iregistrations only to find I am not alone. In fact - I am one of the lucky ones, many companies where charged 3 and 4 times for transactions of various service purchases. It seems iregistrations have taken the cash and ran.

So I'm left with re-registering a new domain, and awaiting a confirmation that the old is now dead in order for me to re-register.

Bottom line : Avoid enom & iregistrations.

Im currently organising a .au domain - to get everything back online.

Astounding. [:0]

Submitted by souri on Sat, 09/04/05 - 12:36 AM Permalink

About 2 years ago, I started getting mail in the post that I needed to renew my domain name and that the domain would expire if I don't pay. It was weird because I had another year and a bit left. About 2 weeks later, I got another one. At this point, I thought maybe something was up, so I contacted my registrar and found that I definately had plenty of time left. I even got a few more letters in the mail which I just threw in the bin. Anyway, the company that sent all these got slapped by the department of Fair Trading for trying to mislead people and companies to renew their domain names with a new registrar..

It's not as bad as a registrar taking your money and running off, but it's definately up there in the scamming list.

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 14/04/05 - 11:05 PM Permalink

After a week long saga - its been sorted out. The website will be functional again at midnight tonight.

What a bizzare week. [:O]