Skip to main content

short flim character

Submitted by Doord on

Well it has been a some time, and i havn't posted much because I have been doing stuff for Irrational for the job they had as 3D animator, which I found out today I have. So anyway this is what I'm kind of working on.

http://www.geocities.com/doord/new_page_1.htm

I this is for a short flim I have started to work on and it is also my frist go at Sub-D in 3DS Max. Thanks to inglis which after been told by a number of poeple that Sub-D was very good in Max (including and ex-lead artist from MF David King) I took note and he told me how to go about getting things started. Now I wouldn't do it any other way because working in Sub-D is so much faster then I could every do with splines.

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Sat, 05/04/03 - 11:41 AM Permalink

are you using max 5?
do you apply a mesh smooth to your model?
what sort of poly count are you looking at there?
it looks good by the way!

nannoo nannoo

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Sat, 05/04/03 - 8:08 PM Permalink

Thats one nice piece of modelling there, Be sure to post more progress pics.

Submitted by Doord on Mon, 07/04/03 - 3:02 AM Permalink

Well:

Shiptu_shaboo: No Max 5, I'm using 4.2 with mesh tools. But I will be using Max 5 asap, just so that I can shift exturde edges. Yes I do use mesh smooth, that is were Sub-D comes into it. The polycount in high about 47000 faces, But that is for the head one arm and the torso. So not that bad.

Fluffy CatFood: I hope to be able to keep updating but, It comes down to how much time I have to do this when I start at Irrational. and also how much I feel like working on this outside of work.

Posted by Doord on

Well it has been a some time, and i havn't posted much because I have been doing stuff for Irrational for the job they had as 3D animator, which I found out today I have. So anyway this is what I'm kind of working on.

http://www.geocities.com/doord/new_page_1.htm

I this is for a short flim I have started to work on and it is also my frist go at Sub-D in 3DS Max. Thanks to inglis which after been told by a number of poeple that Sub-D was very good in Max (including and ex-lead artist from MF David King) I took note and he told me how to go about getting things started. Now I wouldn't do it any other way because working in Sub-D is so much faster then I could every do with splines.

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Sat, 05/04/03 - 11:41 AM Permalink

are you using max 5?
do you apply a mesh smooth to your model?
what sort of poly count are you looking at there?
it looks good by the way!

nannoo nannoo

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Sat, 05/04/03 - 8:08 PM Permalink

Thats one nice piece of modelling there, Be sure to post more progress pics.

Submitted by Doord on Mon, 07/04/03 - 3:02 AM Permalink

Well:

Shiptu_shaboo: No Max 5, I'm using 4.2 with mesh tools. But I will be using Max 5 asap, just so that I can shift exturde edges. Yes I do use mesh smooth, that is were Sub-D comes into it. The polycount in high about 47000 faces, But that is for the head one arm and the torso. So not that bad.

Fluffy CatFood: I hope to be able to keep updating but, It comes down to how much time I have to do this when I start at Irrational. and also how much I feel like working on this outside of work.