Skip to main content

Gladiator Elf Character concept

Submitted by Pantmonger on

[img]http://www.pantmonger.com/concept/elven_barbarian.jpg[/img]

I felt the need to do a bit of work on different body types as well as the usual attempts at creative concept fun. To this end I decided to concept some characters from a gladiatorial arena, different races, genders etcetera, with the idea that the basic physical forms will become more distorted / abnormal, but still ?work? as I go on.
This is number one, the barbarian gladiator elf.

Pantmonger

Submitted by conundrum on Sun, 03/10/04 - 2:50 AM Permalink

a really nice concept and its very well painted. my only crit would be that the head is slightly too round and not quite defined. other than that its great though.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Mon, 04/10/04 - 5:14 PM Permalink

Thanks, Yeah I see what you mean about the head being a bit too round, something to watch out for I guess. Thanks again.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Makk on Mon, 04/10/04 - 10:29 PM Permalink

Looks good :)
I really like the weapon and they way it has been painted.
Wouldnt he need more armour though? His left forearm and wrist area looks a little funky as well.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 05/10/04 - 1:33 AM Permalink

im a bit confused by the weapon, how is it supposed to be weilded?

Submitted by conundrum on Tue, 05/10/04 - 2:33 AM Permalink

i think most gladiators didn't have a lot of armour to ensure thtat they were killed in an easy and entertaining way.

Submitted by X5 on Tue, 05/10/04 - 3:57 AM Permalink

gladiators wernt often killed. they cost alot of money .. if the person hosting the even wanted a death they had to pay for that gladiators replacement (iirc)

Submitted by conundrum on Tue, 05/10/04 - 4:26 AM Permalink

well i based my comment off movies etc. so thats interesting to know, i still dont think they wore much armour though

Submitted by RasTuS on Wed, 06/10/04 - 3:37 AM Permalink

some did depends on how good u were and how long u lived

the better u were the moe it cost to replace u so u get better stuff ( from reading different history books)

Posted by Pantmonger on

[img]http://www.pantmonger.com/concept/elven_barbarian.jpg[/img]

I felt the need to do a bit of work on different body types as well as the usual attempts at creative concept fun. To this end I decided to concept some characters from a gladiatorial arena, different races, genders etcetera, with the idea that the basic physical forms will become more distorted / abnormal, but still ?work? as I go on.
This is number one, the barbarian gladiator elf.

Pantmonger

Submitted by conundrum on Sun, 03/10/04 - 2:50 AM Permalink

a really nice concept and its very well painted. my only crit would be that the head is slightly too round and not quite defined. other than that its great though.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Mon, 04/10/04 - 5:14 PM Permalink

Thanks, Yeah I see what you mean about the head being a bit too round, something to watch out for I guess. Thanks again.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Makk on Mon, 04/10/04 - 10:29 PM Permalink

Looks good :)
I really like the weapon and they way it has been painted.
Wouldnt he need more armour though? His left forearm and wrist area looks a little funky as well.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 05/10/04 - 1:33 AM Permalink

im a bit confused by the weapon, how is it supposed to be weilded?

Submitted by conundrum on Tue, 05/10/04 - 2:33 AM Permalink

i think most gladiators didn't have a lot of armour to ensure thtat they were killed in an easy and entertaining way.

Submitted by X5 on Tue, 05/10/04 - 3:57 AM Permalink

gladiators wernt often killed. they cost alot of money .. if the person hosting the even wanted a death they had to pay for that gladiators replacement (iirc)

Submitted by conundrum on Tue, 05/10/04 - 4:26 AM Permalink

well i based my comment off movies etc. so thats interesting to know, i still dont think they wore much armour though

Submitted by RasTuS on Wed, 06/10/04 - 3:37 AM Permalink

some did depends on how good u were and how long u lived

the better u were the moe it cost to replace u so u get better stuff ( from reading different history books)