Skip to main content

Thinking of moving to Victoria

Perhaps it's time to pack up and move from NSW to Vic. The NSW gov't doesn't take small companies seriously. Tried to get on a trade mission to E3 to get more business, but my company is too small, doesn't earn enough, or have enough people to be considered worth while.

So I think I will move where the Government supports small companies. If I end up pulling some big titles into Australia, I am sure the NSW gov't would take me more seriously and want to have a piece of the pie saying they supported me.. but who wants to deal with an organization who's just in it for the money. Pretty ignorant of them since %85 of my business is international!

Obviously with help getting to industry events overseas, the smaller companies can make an impact..

I still salute Vic Govn't for supporting game developers.

Big UP to the Vic Govt!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 03/07/04 - 7:07 AM Permalink

hurray for Victoria :P
this just a specualted thing or are you moving down here for sure?

Submitted by groovyone on Sun, 04/07/04 - 4:03 AM Permalink

Very seriously considering it or Queensland. When I think of gaming, I think Victoria or Queensland, not NSW.

Submitted by Mystikos on Wed, 14/07/04 - 3:07 AM Permalink

That's because Queensland is the best. I love Queensland... except for the hot weather.

Posted by groovyone on

Perhaps it's time to pack up and move from NSW to Vic. The NSW gov't doesn't take small companies seriously. Tried to get on a trade mission to E3 to get more business, but my company is too small, doesn't earn enough, or have enough people to be considered worth while.

So I think I will move where the Government supports small companies. If I end up pulling some big titles into Australia, I am sure the NSW gov't would take me more seriously and want to have a piece of the pie saying they supported me.. but who wants to deal with an organization who's just in it for the money. Pretty ignorant of them since %85 of my business is international!

Obviously with help getting to industry events overseas, the smaller companies can make an impact..

I still salute Vic Govn't for supporting game developers.

Big UP to the Vic Govt!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 03/07/04 - 7:07 AM Permalink

hurray for Victoria :P
this just a specualted thing or are you moving down here for sure?

Submitted by groovyone on Sun, 04/07/04 - 4:03 AM Permalink

Very seriously considering it or Queensland. When I think of gaming, I think Victoria or Queensland, not NSW.

Submitted by Mystikos on Wed, 14/07/04 - 3:07 AM Permalink

That's because Queensland is the best. I love Queensland... except for the hot weather.