Skip to main content

Band in a Bubble

Submitted by Kane on
Forum

Has anybody else been watching on TV, or for those living in Melbourne, had the privelage of visiting the Band in a Bubble?

And don't you just think it's unfair they get to play Halo 2?

Submitted by Kane on Thu, 02/09/04 - 8:12 PM Permalink

oh, and if you are at the site of the Bubble, look out for my hello message to all Sumeans!

Submitted by Barry Dahlberg on Thu, 02/09/04 - 11:34 PM Permalink

Had a peek down there just now, they weren't doing anything interesting though and didn't have Halo 2 on either. They sure do have alot of equipment packed in there.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 03/09/04 - 1:48 AM Permalink

ill probably check it out as ill be in the city on the weekend, just because its so amazingly bizzare, that and i like regurgitator.

Submitted by Kane on Fri, 03/09/04 - 4:07 AM Permalink

tell Jabba he is a wiener for me...

and, yeh I didnt realise how much gear they had crammed into that place...a bloody lot...

Submitted by redwyre on Fri, 03/09/04 - 8:03 AM Permalink

There was a thing on rove live when they went in, there was a guy dressed up in halo armor guarding the door.. and rove said "ooh a robot".

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 03/09/04 - 5:50 PM Permalink

Yeah the armor was walking around with Kevin Sheady on the news, he was his new Assistant Coach.

Submitted by Blitz on Sat, 04/09/04 - 8:17 PM Permalink

Speaking of master cheif and kevin sheedy, i noticed there was a photo of them in the sports section of yesterdays (friday) Mx newspaper...they called master cheif a martian :/
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 06/09/04 - 12:10 AM Permalink

was out with a bunch of friends last night in the city so we breifly checked out the bubble. Its pretty cool the kinda gear they have in there, heaps of cameras and mixing boards and instruments etc. I only really looked from two sides (the bedroom and the instrumental room) because they stayed in the instrumental room whilst i was there playing music (everything in the bubble is broadcast on speakers outside) so i got a bit of a free gurge concert thing :P which was neat

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 22/09/04 - 7:40 AM Permalink

sorry for double post but i just got back from the bubble concert and oh my god it rocked hard

to begin, i met up with friends around 2pm and we bummed around for a while before andrew G and that other dude from australian idol (forgive me forgetting the names, i dont watch the show, i only know andrew G from the nova out of order show i hear at my GFs place) showed up around 4 to entertain us with general shenanigans like pointing out all the freaks in the crowd (one dude had what he called a "skunk mullet", a black mullet with a white stripe down it) which was entetaining enough for a while. Then after a lot of music being played on the big speakers (it actually took em a while to get that working which was a bit of a pain, but like they had a few hours to spare) it was 6pm and time for the guys to leave the bubble.

They came up to main stage via a golf buggy from the bubble and me and friends were about 3 rows back and everyone went freaking nuts as they all jumped around in joy of being out of their bubble. Then the fun started ;)
A free concert is a free concert, unless its missy elliot or something id be tempted to turn up. But when its a band you actually like, its a damn fun experience.
I have no idea how long it went for but since i was up the front there was a lot of jumping up and down and headbanging to be done, it was a absolute ball. I was seriously stuffed by the end (yet still chanted "ne more song" with everyone else ofcourse, which they gave us :D ). Jabba climbed the scaffolding at one stage but otherwise it was just general moshing, music, deafening noise and screams with a bit of crown surfing and one breakaway on stage who got tossed back into the crowd.

In shot best thing ive done in a while (as i seriously dont have the money to get into concerts these days, i mean like there all $70+ ).
My friend took some digis and ill upload a few if anyones interested.
and now im going to collapse ;)

EDIT: btw for all of you wondering, the new album rocks hard, i mean what they played was just awesome. You can listen to their single "the drop" on the bubble webbsite and get an idea what the kind of theme of the music of the album is if your interested. I know ill by buying it for sure.

Submitted by Kane on Thu, 23/09/04 - 1:42 AM Permalink

yeh, upload some pics for sure...

id like to see what it was like seeing as I only saw parts of it on the telly...

sounds like you had a greate time...damn you! [:D]

Posted by Kane on
Forum

Has anybody else been watching on TV, or for those living in Melbourne, had the privelage of visiting the Band in a Bubble?

And don't you just think it's unfair they get to play Halo 2?

Submitted by Kane on Thu, 02/09/04 - 8:12 PM Permalink

oh, and if you are at the site of the Bubble, look out for my hello message to all Sumeans!

Submitted by Barry Dahlberg on Thu, 02/09/04 - 11:34 PM Permalink

Had a peek down there just now, they weren't doing anything interesting though and didn't have Halo 2 on either. They sure do have alot of equipment packed in there.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 03/09/04 - 1:48 AM Permalink

ill probably check it out as ill be in the city on the weekend, just because its so amazingly bizzare, that and i like regurgitator.

Submitted by Kane on Fri, 03/09/04 - 4:07 AM Permalink

tell Jabba he is a wiener for me...

and, yeh I didnt realise how much gear they had crammed into that place...a bloody lot...

Submitted by redwyre on Fri, 03/09/04 - 8:03 AM Permalink

There was a thing on rove live when they went in, there was a guy dressed up in halo armor guarding the door.. and rove said "ooh a robot".

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 03/09/04 - 5:50 PM Permalink

Yeah the armor was walking around with Kevin Sheady on the news, he was his new Assistant Coach.

Submitted by Blitz on Sat, 04/09/04 - 8:17 PM Permalink

Speaking of master cheif and kevin sheedy, i noticed there was a photo of them in the sports section of yesterdays (friday) Mx newspaper...they called master cheif a martian :/
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 06/09/04 - 12:10 AM Permalink

was out with a bunch of friends last night in the city so we breifly checked out the bubble. Its pretty cool the kinda gear they have in there, heaps of cameras and mixing boards and instruments etc. I only really looked from two sides (the bedroom and the instrumental room) because they stayed in the instrumental room whilst i was there playing music (everything in the bubble is broadcast on speakers outside) so i got a bit of a free gurge concert thing :P which was neat

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 22/09/04 - 7:40 AM Permalink

sorry for double post but i just got back from the bubble concert and oh my god it rocked hard

to begin, i met up with friends around 2pm and we bummed around for a while before andrew G and that other dude from australian idol (forgive me forgetting the names, i dont watch the show, i only know andrew G from the nova out of order show i hear at my GFs place) showed up around 4 to entertain us with general shenanigans like pointing out all the freaks in the crowd (one dude had what he called a "skunk mullet", a black mullet with a white stripe down it) which was entetaining enough for a while. Then after a lot of music being played on the big speakers (it actually took em a while to get that working which was a bit of a pain, but like they had a few hours to spare) it was 6pm and time for the guys to leave the bubble.

They came up to main stage via a golf buggy from the bubble and me and friends were about 3 rows back and everyone went freaking nuts as they all jumped around in joy of being out of their bubble. Then the fun started ;)
A free concert is a free concert, unless its missy elliot or something id be tempted to turn up. But when its a band you actually like, its a damn fun experience.
I have no idea how long it went for but since i was up the front there was a lot of jumping up and down and headbanging to be done, it was a absolute ball. I was seriously stuffed by the end (yet still chanted "ne more song" with everyone else ofcourse, which they gave us :D ). Jabba climbed the scaffolding at one stage but otherwise it was just general moshing, music, deafening noise and screams with a bit of crown surfing and one breakaway on stage who got tossed back into the crowd.

In shot best thing ive done in a while (as i seriously dont have the money to get into concerts these days, i mean like there all $70+ ).
My friend took some digis and ill upload a few if anyones interested.
and now im going to collapse ;)

EDIT: btw for all of you wondering, the new album rocks hard, i mean what they played was just awesome. You can listen to their single "the drop" on the bubble webbsite and get an idea what the kind of theme of the music of the album is if your interested. I know ill by buying it for sure.

Submitted by Kane on Thu, 23/09/04 - 1:42 AM Permalink

yeh, upload some pics for sure...

id like to see what it was like seeing as I only saw parts of it on the telly...

sounds like you had a greate time...damn you! [:D]