Skip to main content

Website Redone

Submitted by Jason on

Hi everyone, just spent yesterday afternoon updating my website. If you could wander over and check out the new design I would very much appreciate it :)

http://users.bigpond.com/jason129/index.htm

Went for a simplistic look. Just needs to be efficient and easy on the eyes.

Now just gotta get more art done!

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 03/08/04 - 1:19 AM Permalink

Site suits your art work and your art work rocks. The only thing is you may want to add an space in between your first and surname on your logo.

Submitted by J I Styles on Tue, 03/08/04 - 1:26 AM Permalink

navigation by the top 3 buttons are quite unclear to where they lead unless you look at the status bar's path; I'd recommend simple small textlinks over mystery squares [:)]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 03/08/04 - 4:26 AM Permalink

eh? i didnt even realise they were button when i visited, needs to be more clear.

Submitted by denz on Tue, 03/08/04 - 9:47 PM Permalink

Top site :) Though I didnt realise they were buttons either.

You have some great work there.

Submitted by Jason on Wed, 04/08/04 - 7:37 AM Permalink

Hi guys thanks for the feedback :)

Those buttons are a problem :/ Been trying to think of ways to make them more obvious without cluttering my clean design with text all over it. At the bottom of the page is a sentence telling the user the boxes are navigation, i might move that text up to the top of the page.

Also, I put in things so when you hover the mouse over the buttons, that little yellow box comes up with name of the section it is linking to. Though the yellow info box only comes up in IE and not mozilla which is the browser I'm using... grrr.

Anyway might have to go back to the drawing board and figure out a new design. Doh!

Posted by Jason on

Hi everyone, just spent yesterday afternoon updating my website. If you could wander over and check out the new design I would very much appreciate it :)

http://users.bigpond.com/jason129/index.htm

Went for a simplistic look. Just needs to be efficient and easy on the eyes.

Now just gotta get more art done!

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 03/08/04 - 1:19 AM Permalink

Site suits your art work and your art work rocks. The only thing is you may want to add an space in between your first and surname on your logo.

Submitted by J I Styles on Tue, 03/08/04 - 1:26 AM Permalink

navigation by the top 3 buttons are quite unclear to where they lead unless you look at the status bar's path; I'd recommend simple small textlinks over mystery squares [:)]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 03/08/04 - 4:26 AM Permalink

eh? i didnt even realise they were button when i visited, needs to be more clear.

Submitted by denz on Tue, 03/08/04 - 9:47 PM Permalink

Top site :) Though I didnt realise they were buttons either.

You have some great work there.

Submitted by Jason on Wed, 04/08/04 - 7:37 AM Permalink

Hi guys thanks for the feedback :)

Those buttons are a problem :/ Been trying to think of ways to make them more obvious without cluttering my clean design with text all over it. At the bottom of the page is a sentence telling the user the boxes are navigation, i might move that text up to the top of the page.

Also, I put in things so when you hover the mouse over the buttons, that little yellow box comes up with name of the section it is linking to. Though the yellow info box only comes up in IE and not mozilla which is the browser I'm using... grrr.

Anyway might have to go back to the drawing board and figure out a new design. Doh!