Skip to main content

Black Dragon 2D

Submitted by Lechy on

Hi, here is another image done in photoshop last year. I don't really use photoshop for painting anymore, I switched to Painter instead. With this image i wanted to play around with light and shadow. cheers.

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Lechy/200541201524_blackdragon2…"]blackdragon2.jpg[/url]
131.08 KB

Submitted by denz on Sun, 03/04/05 - 8:56 AM Permalink

really nice mate. the only thing that bothers me is his right foot, doesn't look up to scratch with the rest of the image.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 03/04/05 - 10:09 PM Permalink

looks great and i think denz meant the left foot, the thing to the foots left is a hand if im not mistaken...

Submitted by conundrum on Sun, 03/04/05 - 11:58 PM Permalink

nice work, its got a good composition adn the pose/action is great. my only crit is the use of black in the shadow areas, this is personal preference but from what ive seen i think most of the top painters dont use it too much. in my opinion you are better of using darker shades of colours or colours from the background. hopefully that made sense, keep up the good work, it would be nice to see some more recent stuff too

Submitted by Lechy on Mon, 04/04/05 - 12:33 AM Permalink

Thanks for the tips, I actually didn't use any black, I ramped up the contrast later on and that created the darker shadows. I do understand what you mean though. It does look a bit too dark. cheers.

Submitted by LiveWire on Mon, 04/04/05 - 12:51 AM Permalink

i dont mind the think black too much. gives it a bit of a comic book look, though i dont know if it's meant to or not. like like it though, very nice. and i agree with denz on the foot - one of the first things i noticed.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Mon, 04/04/05 - 6:29 AM Permalink

the creatures pose and action reminds me of the splash image from Heroes of Might and Magic 4's menu, also reminds me of Final fantasy 7 with all those summons of dragony things with blast breaths. RAHHHH! :)

Posted by Lechy on

Hi, here is another image done in photoshop last year. I don't really use photoshop for painting anymore, I switched to Painter instead. With this image i wanted to play around with light and shadow. cheers.

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Attachment: [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Lechy/200541201524_blackdragon2…"]blackdragon2.jpg[/url]
131.08 KB

Submitted by denz on Sun, 03/04/05 - 8:56 AM Permalink

really nice mate. the only thing that bothers me is his right foot, doesn't look up to scratch with the rest of the image.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 03/04/05 - 10:09 PM Permalink

looks great and i think denz meant the left foot, the thing to the foots left is a hand if im not mistaken...

Submitted by conundrum on Sun, 03/04/05 - 11:58 PM Permalink

nice work, its got a good composition adn the pose/action is great. my only crit is the use of black in the shadow areas, this is personal preference but from what ive seen i think most of the top painters dont use it too much. in my opinion you are better of using darker shades of colours or colours from the background. hopefully that made sense, keep up the good work, it would be nice to see some more recent stuff too

Submitted by Lechy on Mon, 04/04/05 - 12:33 AM Permalink

Thanks for the tips, I actually didn't use any black, I ramped up the contrast later on and that created the darker shadows. I do understand what you mean though. It does look a bit too dark. cheers.

Submitted by LiveWire on Mon, 04/04/05 - 12:51 AM Permalink

i dont mind the think black too much. gives it a bit of a comic book look, though i dont know if it's meant to or not. like like it though, very nice. and i agree with denz on the foot - one of the first things i noticed.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Mon, 04/04/05 - 6:29 AM Permalink

the creatures pose and action reminds me of the splash image from Heroes of Might and Magic 4's menu, also reminds me of Final fantasy 7 with all those summons of dragony things with blast breaths. RAHHHH! :)