Skip to main content

Aeroplane FLY - BY Animation

Submitted by doyle on

in true form ive started another project even tho ive got about 5 others which i have yet to finish !!! owell here is what ive got so far:

[url]http://home.iprimus.com.au/colmdoyle/threadpics/fly_by.avi[/url]
divx required (962k)

its a short 13 second clip of a Aeroplane flying by over a ocean /island scene, everything is very basic atm, with no "visual fx" yet, later i hope to do some cloud movement and maybe some smoke coming from the jet engines etc.

but rite now i need some comments on the camera shake; how do you think it would look etc etc, and just general comments would help

thanks
Colm

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 01/10/04 - 9:07 PM Permalink

pretty cool, though the camera shake initially makes it look like the water is having its own radicical movements which is a bit odd. Visually though very nice

Submitted by doyle on Sat, 02/10/04 - 1:44 AM Permalink

Cheers moonunit, yeah the water looks a little funny, and when the camera stops shaking at the end its all a bit sudden, tho ive changed this now fade out the shaking a little better (just need to re-render) and also added sounds which helps i think and changes the file size to 1108k !!!

more comments / help ? anyone ?
Cheers

Submitted by Me109 on Sat, 02/10/04 - 2:10 AM Permalink

yeah not a bad effort there Doyle! but kinda boring camera movement really... If I was you i'd storyboard a little sequence utilising the camera more.. have a few cuts say with first panning up from the ocean to show the island.. at which point the camera picks up the shadow of the plane streaking across it, and then have the plane scream past at close range.. you see what I mean? You wanna tell a little story with the whole thing to make it more interesting..
anyhow keep up the good work!

cheers

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Sat, 02/10/04 - 2:29 AM Permalink

Not bad man, just a few things I noticed. The camera shake starts way too early, it should be used to indicate something like a shockwave eminating from the plane going past and should slowly fade away on the planes passing.

Have you got the noise controller attached to the camera target or the camera itself? it looks like it's attached to the camera but would give better results attached to just the target. Give it a try.

Maybe try speeding up the plane too?

Submitted by doyle on Sat, 02/10/04 - 7:07 AM Permalink

Cheers for the input

Me109: i will have to think of a little storyline to go along with the plane, ill try get this shot done and take it from there. thanks for your ideas!

Wizenedoldman: yeah the camera shake is attached to the camera it self, ill change it to the target and see the results ! thanks, ill def. need to play with the noise controller a little more !

thanks
Colm

Posted by doyle on

in true form ive started another project even tho ive got about 5 others which i have yet to finish !!! owell here is what ive got so far:

[url]http://home.iprimus.com.au/colmdoyle/threadpics/fly_by.avi[/url]
divx required (962k)

its a short 13 second clip of a Aeroplane flying by over a ocean /island scene, everything is very basic atm, with no "visual fx" yet, later i hope to do some cloud movement and maybe some smoke coming from the jet engines etc.

but rite now i need some comments on the camera shake; how do you think it would look etc etc, and just general comments would help

thanks
Colm

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 01/10/04 - 9:07 PM Permalink

pretty cool, though the camera shake initially makes it look like the water is having its own radicical movements which is a bit odd. Visually though very nice

Submitted by doyle on Sat, 02/10/04 - 1:44 AM Permalink

Cheers moonunit, yeah the water looks a little funny, and when the camera stops shaking at the end its all a bit sudden, tho ive changed this now fade out the shaking a little better (just need to re-render) and also added sounds which helps i think and changes the file size to 1108k !!!

more comments / help ? anyone ?
Cheers

Submitted by Me109 on Sat, 02/10/04 - 2:10 AM Permalink

yeah not a bad effort there Doyle! but kinda boring camera movement really... If I was you i'd storyboard a little sequence utilising the camera more.. have a few cuts say with first panning up from the ocean to show the island.. at which point the camera picks up the shadow of the plane streaking across it, and then have the plane scream past at close range.. you see what I mean? You wanna tell a little story with the whole thing to make it more interesting..
anyhow keep up the good work!

cheers

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Sat, 02/10/04 - 2:29 AM Permalink

Not bad man, just a few things I noticed. The camera shake starts way too early, it should be used to indicate something like a shockwave eminating from the plane going past and should slowly fade away on the planes passing.

Have you got the noise controller attached to the camera target or the camera itself? it looks like it's attached to the camera but would give better results attached to just the target. Give it a try.

Maybe try speeding up the plane too?

Submitted by doyle on Sat, 02/10/04 - 7:07 AM Permalink

Cheers for the input

Me109: i will have to think of a little storyline to go along with the plane, ill try get this shot done and take it from there. thanks for your ideas!

Wizenedoldman: yeah the camera shake is attached to the camera it self, ill change it to the target and see the results ! thanks, ill def. need to play with the noise controller a little more !

thanks
Colm