Skip to main content

Wanted: Dead or Alive.

Forum

What are your most wanted games over the next year (announced ones only). I'm gagging for:

XBOX
- Splinter Cell
- Panzer Dragoon Orta
- MGS2: Substance

PS2
- Contra: Shattered Soldier
- Shinobi
- GTA: Vice City

NGC:
- Ikaruga
- Zelda
- Metroid Prime

3 only for each platform!

Submitted by souri on Tue, 01/10/02 - 9:20 AM Permalink

PC:
- Unreal Tournamet 2003
cant wait to play with the engine

- Doom 3
I love games that scare the crap outta ya! Resident Evil, Silent Hill etc..

- Eve : Second Genesis
The concept art, design, and the ingame graphics, it just all looks fantastic. I hope they have a single player game in there.

PS2:

This is gonna be awesome.

- Metal Gear Solid 2 : Substance
Just to see what else they've added.

- Ty, the Tasmanian Tiger
Very curious about this game, and all the Aussie lingo, mate!

Submitted by Blitz on Tue, 01/10/02 - 7:53 PM Permalink

XBOX
- Splinter Cell
- Project Ego
- Blinx
- Star wars: KOTOR
- Unreal Championship (if/when xbox live becomes available)
(5 I know! but i won't list any ps2 or ngc :P)

PC
- UT2K3!
- Star wars galaxies
- ummmm....stuff? :P

I thought MGS2: Substance is XBox only?
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Tue, 01/10/02 - 9:46 PM Permalink

quote:

No - it's coming to PC's and PS2 as well. The Xbox version will be out first. However, the Xbox version has been canned in Japan -- MGS2 has never been that popular there. It sold about 750,000 all up in Japan. Compare that to 2.1 million pre-orders in the states and a similar number in Europe/PAL territories and you've got a game that will float elsewhere.

Rumour has it that MGS3 is going to be making an appearance soon...

Submitted by souri on Wed, 16/10/02 - 12:04 PM Permalink

I can't wait for Eve : Second Genesis to come out !! http://www.ve3d.com/Articles.aspx?Mode=Eve http://www.eve-online.com/conceptart/archive/ http://www.eve-online.com/screenshots/21012002/default.asp .. It's a MMORPG set in space.. It reminds me of Elite on the C64, and Frontier on the Amiga - and I've aways wondered when someone was going to push this type of game further, with online capababilities.. And by looking at the concept art and screenshots, I gotta say *wow*.. [:)]
Frontier has to be one of my favourite games ever - it's one of the first games I played where you really felt immersed in a new world, to go where ever you want, do what ever you want, with people going about with their own activities etc.. I'm sure everyone is used that by now, with GTA3 and other titles, but back then, Frontier was it [:)]..
I doubt that I'd ever have the time to play it though. MMORPGs are way too time consuming for folk like me.. hope they do release a demo so we can at least have a glimpse!
Oh, and it looks like Silent Hill 2 will be ported to the PC soon with extra stuff and features.. Nice. [:)]
Oh, oh.. Resident Evil Online.. how cool is that! http://www.gamers.com/game/1254931

Submitted by boat on Thu, 17/10/02 - 2:26 AM Permalink

doom 3
quake 4

thats all
not much into gaming as i used to be

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Thu, 17/10/02 - 10:13 PM Permalink

PC:Unreal2, UT2003, Nolf2, Doom3,Morrowind expansion pack.
GameCube: Eternal Darkness, Metroid, timesplitters2, Medal of honor frontline,Mariosunshine(I know its out but I cant afford it yet)

Lead paint: delicious but deadly!

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Thu, 17/10/02 - 10:18 PM Permalink

oh yeah resident evil 0 as well

Submitted by davidcoen on Sun, 20/10/02 - 8:25 AM Permalink

only game i'm waiting on is 'war inc', which is already released, but i'm waiting on having some spare time to find it and to play it... (hmmn, seen it on ebay, doh)

hmmn, ok, also waiting on the game im working on to be released (pending artwork and programming to be finished, renderware and karma are interesting though) and in Jonathan's words, i'm "gagging for" it....

DSC

Submitted by Cooper4110 on Sun, 20/10/02 - 7:21 PM Permalink

PS2- Timesplitters 2- This game is a dream to play [;)]

PC- Juurassic Park: Operation Genesis- Gonna be an awesome RTS!

Gamecube- Perfect Dark: Zero Hour- This game is gonna rule! Just wish I had a GC[:(]

Coops

Forum

What are your most wanted games over the next year (announced ones only). I'm gagging for:

XBOX
- Splinter Cell
- Panzer Dragoon Orta
- MGS2: Substance

PS2
- Contra: Shattered Soldier
- Shinobi

NGC:
- Ikaruga
- Zelda
- Metroid Prime

3 only for each platform!

Submitted by souri on Tue, 01/10/02 - 9:20 AM Permalink

PC:
- Unreal Tournamet 2003
cant wait to play with the engine

- Doom 3
I love games that scare the crap outta ya! Resident Evil, Silent Hill etc..

- Eve : Second Genesis
The concept art, design, and the ingame graphics, it just all looks fantastic. I hope they have a single player game in there.

PS2:

This is gonna be awesome.

- Metal Gear Solid 2 : Substance
Just to see what else they've added.

- Ty, the Tasmanian Tiger
Very curious about this game, and all the Aussie lingo, mate!

Submitted by Blitz on Tue, 01/10/02 - 7:53 PM Permalink

XBOX
- Splinter Cell
- Project Ego
- Blinx
- Star wars: KOTOR
- Unreal Championship (if/when xbox live becomes available)
(5 I know! but i won't list any ps2 or ngc :P)

PC
- UT2K3!
- Star wars galaxies
- ummmm....stuff? :P

CYer, Blitz

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Tue, 01/10/02 - 9:46 PM Permalink

quote:

No - it's coming to PC's and PS2 as well. The Xbox version will be out first. However, the Xbox version has been canned in Japan -- MGS2 has never been that popular there. It sold about 750,000 all up in Japan. Compare that to 2.1 million pre-orders in the states and a similar number in Europe/PAL territories and you've got a game that will float elsewhere.

Rumour has it that MGS3 is going to be making an appearance soon...

Submitted by souri on Wed, 16/10/02 - 12:04 PM Permalink

I can't wait for Eve : Second Genesis to come out !! http://www.ve3d.com/Articles.aspx?Mode=Eve http://www.eve-online.com/conceptart/archive/ http://www.eve-online.com/screenshots/21012002/default.asp .. It's a MMORPG set in space.. It reminds me of Elite on the C64, and Frontier on the Amiga - and I've aways wondered when someone was going to push this type of game further, with online capababilities.. And by looking at the concept art and screenshots, I gotta say *wow*.. [:)]
Frontier has to be one of my favourite games ever - it's one of the first games I played where you really felt immersed in a new world, to go where ever you want, do what ever you want, with people going about with their own activities etc.. I'm sure everyone is used that by now, with GTA3 and other titles, but back then, Frontier was it [:)]..
I doubt that I'd ever have the time to play it though. MMORPGs are way too time consuming for folk like me.. hope they do release a demo so we can at least have a glimpse!
Oh, and it looks like Silent Hill 2 will be ported to the PC soon with extra stuff and features.. Nice. [:)]
Oh, oh.. Resident Evil Online.. how cool is that! http://www.gamers.com/game/1254931

Submitted by boat on Thu, 17/10/02 - 2:26 AM Permalink

doom 3
quake 4

thats all
not much into gaming as i used to be

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Thu, 17/10/02 - 10:13 PM Permalink

PC:Unreal2, UT2003, Nolf2, Doom3,Morrowind expansion pack.
GameCube: Eternal Darkness, Metroid, timesplitters2, Medal of honor frontline,Mariosunshine(I know its out but I cant afford it yet)

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Thu, 17/10/02 - 10:18 PM Permalink

oh yeah resident evil 0 as well

Submitted by davidcoen on Sun, 20/10/02 - 8:25 AM Permalink

only game i'm waiting on is 'war inc', which is already released, but i'm waiting on having some spare time to find it and to play it... (hmmn, seen it on ebay, doh)

hmmn, ok, also waiting on the game im working on to be released (pending artwork and programming to be finished, renderware and karma are interesting though) and in Jonathan's words, i'm "gagging for" it....

DSC

Submitted by Cooper4110 on Sun, 20/10/02 - 7:21 PM Permalink

PS2- Timesplitters 2- This game is a dream to play [;)]

PC- Juurassic Park: Operation Genesis- Gonna be an awesome RTS!

Gamecube- Perfect Dark: Zero Hour- This game is gonna rule! Just wish I had a GC[:(]

Coops