Skip to main content

Hi, this is my first post 2D techbeast

Submitted by Lechy on

Im writing this for the second time coz i think i stuffed the first one. Anyway, I was gonna model this guy but it seemed to hard so i left him as a concept. Originaly drawn with ink and wash then colored in photoshop. It is an old image but still my favourite, let me know what you think. cheers.
Insert Image: [img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Lechy/20053319346_techbeast2a.jp…]

Submitted by conundrum on Fri, 01/04/05 - 10:45 AM Permalink

great work, the textured style and harsh lighting really suit the subject matter. one stylistic detail that i think would fit in well is blending in parts of the character into the backround, just a little bit of smoke or glow to mix the two. right now it looks slightly cutout. of course that being really picky, its a brilliant drawing and ill be look forward to more.

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 01/04/05 - 10:53 AM Permalink

Frickken awesome! [:O]

Lightings great! love the helmet design too. The only glitch that sticks out to me is that his empty arms shoulder looks lifted to high - when I strike a similar pose, it feels quite uncomfortable, non-natural. Then again im not made of steel pipes and hydraulics so i doubt he cares much about that kind of thing [;)]

Overall I'ts a nice piece dude.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 01/04/05 - 11:06 AM Permalink

Lechy, I've activated your Sumea profile account a while ago and emailed you the notification, but your email bounced. If you remember your login and password, you can login straight away and change your email address to one that works while you're there.

Submitted by Johnn on Fri, 01/04/05 - 7:11 PM Permalink

nice piece Leachy, the Ink & wash are working really well and creating some great subtle effects. I look forward to seeing more of you work posted :)

Submitted by Lechy on Fri, 01/04/05 - 8:29 PM Permalink

Thanks for the comments.

conundrum: Yep, I think that would be a good idea now. I did this one about a year ago and making
Backgrounds was still a little perplexing for me. Nowdays I try to blend the subject
matter and background a bit more.

Hazard: I see what you mean. I think that happened because I was trying to give it a
perspective look.

Submitted by LiveWire on Sat, 02/04/05 - 3:42 AM Permalink

yikes! i like it a lot. very cool.

Posted by Lechy on

Im writing this for the second time coz i think i stuffed the first one. Anyway, I was gonna model this guy but it seemed to hard so i left him as a concept. Originaly drawn with ink and wash then colored in photoshop. It is an old image but still my favourite, let me know what you think. cheers.
Insert Image: [img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Lechy/20053319346_techbeast2a.jp…]

Submitted by conundrum on Fri, 01/04/05 - 10:45 AM Permalink

great work, the textured style and harsh lighting really suit the subject matter. one stylistic detail that i think would fit in well is blending in parts of the character into the backround, just a little bit of smoke or glow to mix the two. right now it looks slightly cutout. of course that being really picky, its a brilliant drawing and ill be look forward to more.

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 01/04/05 - 10:53 AM Permalink

Frickken awesome! [:O]

Lightings great! love the helmet design too. The only glitch that sticks out to me is that his empty arms shoulder looks lifted to high - when I strike a similar pose, it feels quite uncomfortable, non-natural. Then again im not made of steel pipes and hydraulics so i doubt he cares much about that kind of thing [;)]

Overall I'ts a nice piece dude.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 01/04/05 - 11:06 AM Permalink

Lechy, I've activated your Sumea profile account a while ago and emailed you the notification, but your email bounced. If you remember your login and password, you can login straight away and change your email address to one that works while you're there.

Submitted by Johnn on Fri, 01/04/05 - 7:11 PM Permalink

nice piece Leachy, the Ink & wash are working really well and creating some great subtle effects. I look forward to seeing more of you work posted :)

Submitted by Lechy on Fri, 01/04/05 - 8:29 PM Permalink

Thanks for the comments.

conundrum: Yep, I think that would be a good idea now. I did this one about a year ago and making
Backgrounds was still a little perplexing for me. Nowdays I try to blend the subject
matter and background a bit more.

Hazard: I see what you mean. I think that happened because I was trying to give it a
perspective look.

Submitted by LiveWire on Sat, 02/04/05 - 3:42 AM Permalink

yikes! i like it a lot. very cool.