I'm currently doing a design document for a major project for uni and need to do market research as part of it. I'd appreciate your answers.
If you would like the results posted at the end please note that too (as I will be posting this survey on other sites aswell).
Average time spent playing a game?
1. Less then 5 hours a week
2. Between 5 and 10 hours a week
3. Between 10 and 15 hours a week
4. Between 15 and 20 hours a week
5. Over 20 hours a week
Do you prefer 2d top down games or sidescrollers?
Favourite health system:
1. Valued health (specific damage amounts)
2. Lives (one hit = 1 less health)
3. Continues (you die you lose and must restart the stage)
Favourite graphic style:
1. Western cute cartoons
2. Western detailed cartoons (i.e. Marvel)
3. Eastern detailed manga
4. Eastern cute cartoons (chibi/Super deformed)
Preferred (most likely will play) number of Co-op players:
Favourite Puzzle game:
2. Lost Vikings
4. Other (please specify) ______________________
Out of the above listed, what was the feature(s) you enjoyed the most?
Out of the above listed, what was the feature(s) you disliked the most?
Favourite stealth based fighter:
2. Ranger (woodland archer/Robin Hood type)
4. Other (please specify) _______________________
2. Shuriken/ kunai/throwing knifes
3. Bow and arrow
4. Sniper rifle
7. Other (please specify) ________________________
Preferred controller type:
1. Keyboard and mouse
3. 360 controller
4. PS2/PS3 controller