Skip to main content

3Dfx Bundle

Submitted by Aven on
Forum
Submitted by inglis on Thu, 05/02/04 - 12:28 AM Permalink

why would you want a collection of old cards?

Submitted by CombatWombat on Thu, 05/02/04 - 2:21 AM Permalink

I guess you could melt them down and extract some precious metals? :)

Submitted by tachyon on Thu, 05/02/04 - 4:25 AM Permalink

i would stick them on my wall and have a funky 3dfx cards wallpaper type of thing

Submitted by souri on Thu, 05/02/04 - 4:35 AM Permalink

I would glue them all together to make some sort of evil 3DFX robot to scare the neighbours cat from entering my yard. Beats chasing them with a stick all the time!

Submitted by redwyre on Thu, 05/02/04 - 5:34 AM Permalink

Ah, I remember my old voodoo card. Back in those days 3D accelerators were *only* 3D accelerators so you needed another card for 2D. It always brought me joy to hear it's relay switching the output over. Those were they days...

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 05/02/04 - 9:15 AM Permalink

I more like it for nostalgia reasons. The first thing I saved up and bought with my very first part-time job was a 6Mb Voodoo Rush Accelerator. Plugged that baby into my P90 with a S3 graphics card, and it allowed me to play Quake II. Ah the days.... Plus I like Tachyon's idea :)

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 05/02/04 - 11:04 AM Permalink

Blue tac them all together then shove it in your computer for a super, mega, hyper 3dfx turbo XXX, unlimted, alpha, xtreme!!! card.

Submitted by Kane on Thu, 05/02/04 - 11:18 PM Permalink

and with a sizzle and a bang, you wonder "What could have made my computer spaz out like that?"...

Posted by Aven on
Forum

Submitted by inglis on Thu, 05/02/04 - 12:28 AM Permalink

why would you want a collection of old cards?

Submitted by CombatWombat on Thu, 05/02/04 - 2:21 AM Permalink

I guess you could melt them down and extract some precious metals? :)

Submitted by tachyon on Thu, 05/02/04 - 4:25 AM Permalink

i would stick them on my wall and have a funky 3dfx cards wallpaper type of thing

Submitted by souri on Thu, 05/02/04 - 4:35 AM Permalink

I would glue them all together to make some sort of evil 3DFX robot to scare the neighbours cat from entering my yard. Beats chasing them with a stick all the time!

Submitted by redwyre on Thu, 05/02/04 - 5:34 AM Permalink

Ah, I remember my old voodoo card. Back in those days 3D accelerators were *only* 3D accelerators so you needed another card for 2D. It always brought me joy to hear it's relay switching the output over. Those were they days...

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 05/02/04 - 9:15 AM Permalink

I more like it for nostalgia reasons. The first thing I saved up and bought with my very first part-time job was a 6Mb Voodoo Rush Accelerator. Plugged that baby into my P90 with a S3 graphics card, and it allowed me to play Quake II. Ah the days.... Plus I like Tachyon's idea :)

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 05/02/04 - 11:04 AM Permalink

Blue tac them all together then shove it in your computer for a super, mega, hyper 3dfx turbo XXX, unlimted, alpha, xtreme!!! card.

Submitted by Kane on Thu, 05/02/04 - 11:18 PM Permalink

and with a sizzle and a bang, you wonder "What could have made my computer spaz out like that?"...