Skip to main content

GITS: Innocence

Submitted by Aven on
Forum

Just found this link for the Ghost In The Shell: Innocence trailer. http://www.slippyfish.com/movies/innocence.mov I'm dling it now, so I don't know what it is like. It weighs in at 71mb. Quicktime.

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 22/01/04 - 8:08 AM Permalink

Ouch. Too many people must have been leaching it (like me :D). I got it soon after I posted this link last night. The first half of it I had already seen. It is where Batou is fighting a Geisha girl. This was a much higher quality version though. The second part is a cool action scene in a grocery store. The 3D is a cross between really sweet and really detached. I think that GITS: SAC did it a lot better. I'm still really looking forward to this though :)

Submitted by smeg on Thu, 22/01/04 - 11:34 AM Permalink

Interesting style. Initially, i started shifting into fanboy mode (why fix if it aint yada yada) but I'm interested to see where they're taking this.

It's really interesting seeing Japanese animators, who until recently have generally looked down on CG, adopting these techniques on a large scale. I'd say any movie that adopts CG environments is likely to have some cool tricks up its sleeve, as it is surely easier to paint a couple of backgrounds.

Bring on the big robot/tank/crab thingies!

Submitted by souri on Thu, 22/01/04 - 10:16 PM Permalink

I've seen only a tiny early trailer for GITS: Innocence, and there were some CGI parts that urked me. The shelves in the grocery store just stuck out as CGI. Has anyone seen the "Beyond" episode on the Animatrix? That was a brilliant fusion of anime and CGI.

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 23/01/04 - 5:09 AM Permalink

I still stand by belief that Stand Alone Complex has the best 3D use. It is all cel-shadded so it fits in perfectly. Here is the link http://www.productionig.com/Ghost_TV.html Go to the Images and look at the Fuchikomas. They look even cooler moving :D If Smeg hasn't read the mangas or played the PS game then he would most probably mean the German Think Tank. That thing was cool, but Shirow's Multipede Cannon from Appleseed was heaps cooler. That and the Erectacockies from Dominion Tank Police :D Yeah Souri, Beyond did have really cool use of 3D as well.

Submitted by davidcoen on Sat, 31/01/04 - 1:27 PM Permalink

hey Aven, the "Erectacockies from Dominion Tank Police" may have been more of the animation studio than shirows idea, read an interview where he distanced himself from the latter parts of the animated series (not that he didn't like them, he just had less input)

DSC

Posted by Aven on
Forum

Just found this link for the Ghost In The Shell: Innocence trailer. http://www.slippyfish.com/movies/innocence.mov I'm dling it now, so I don't know what it is like. It weighs in at 71mb. Quicktime.

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 22/01/04 - 8:08 AM Permalink

Ouch. Too many people must have been leaching it (like me :D). I got it soon after I posted this link last night. The first half of it I had already seen. It is where Batou is fighting a Geisha girl. This was a much higher quality version though. The second part is a cool action scene in a grocery store. The 3D is a cross between really sweet and really detached. I think that GITS: SAC did it a lot better. I'm still really looking forward to this though :)

Submitted by smeg on Thu, 22/01/04 - 11:34 AM Permalink

Interesting style. Initially, i started shifting into fanboy mode (why fix if it aint yada yada) but I'm interested to see where they're taking this.

It's really interesting seeing Japanese animators, who until recently have generally looked down on CG, adopting these techniques on a large scale. I'd say any movie that adopts CG environments is likely to have some cool tricks up its sleeve, as it is surely easier to paint a couple of backgrounds.

Bring on the big robot/tank/crab thingies!

Submitted by souri on Thu, 22/01/04 - 10:16 PM Permalink

I've seen only a tiny early trailer for GITS: Innocence, and there were some CGI parts that urked me. The shelves in the grocery store just stuck out as CGI. Has anyone seen the "Beyond" episode on the Animatrix? That was a brilliant fusion of anime and CGI.

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 23/01/04 - 5:09 AM Permalink

I still stand by belief that Stand Alone Complex has the best 3D use. It is all cel-shadded so it fits in perfectly. Here is the link http://www.productionig.com/Ghost_TV.html Go to the Images and look at the Fuchikomas. They look even cooler moving :D If Smeg hasn't read the mangas or played the PS game then he would most probably mean the German Think Tank. That thing was cool, but Shirow's Multipede Cannon from Appleseed was heaps cooler. That and the Erectacockies from Dominion Tank Police :D Yeah Souri, Beyond did have really cool use of 3D as well.

Submitted by davidcoen on Sat, 31/01/04 - 1:27 PM Permalink

hey Aven, the "Erectacockies from Dominion Tank Police" may have been more of the animation studio than shirows idea, read an interview where he distanced himself from the latter parts of the animated series (not that he didn't like them, he just had less input)

DSC