Skip to main content

ark - comic cover

Submitted by Alti on

comic concept- would you money order a comic ?
[IMG]http://members.optusnet.com.au/drummonds/ark.jpg[/IMG]

Submitted by smeg on Wed, 31/03/04 - 7:23 AM Permalink

Thats very cool.
It's nice to see one of your pieces taken to such a polished level.

cheers

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 31/03/04 - 7:30 AM Permalink

its a pretty cool pic, unfortunatly it dosent reveal much, inface if there wasnt a pair of eyes in there then you wouldnt even know there was a figure. Text could use something more, seems a bit to freshly typed if that makes any sense. Youve done much better stuff in that nightmare creatures thread.

Its pretty neat btw, dont get me wrong, just i know u can do heaps better

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 31/03/04 - 8:29 AM Permalink

dude id seroiusly change that font... if your going for a gothic sort of thing,.. try something a bit easier to read than - god damn i worked with fonts for 5 years, now i just cant think of even one to suggest... also id either add some styles to the type small outer glow or something like that.

But seriously man - a a goth comic with your style of art could really go good with a storyline.

Submitted by Johnn on Wed, 31/03/04 - 12:30 PM Permalink

looking good- text is a weak point though.

Outer glow would look a bit 'Buffy' or 'Xfiles', not really what you work seems to be about. I thing some dirty+razor blade scratchy&cut texture on the type face would be the go. Treat it like you do the rest of the image. Visually I would suggest trying to push the text back and pull the skeletal figure out as the focus. (Some marketing folk would disagree with me and say the title should be dominant and VERY easy to read for point of sale recognition purposes.)

Submitted by matias on Wed, 31/03/04 - 7:20 PM Permalink

yeah the font is a little to much of an afterthougt, I'd to see some of that texture in the grey robes(?) brought into the font like JohnN said, search around the net, theres quite a few gothic fonts that are simpler, ummm one is called just 'Black' I think....
it seriously reminds me of some spawn comics I have seen, a new spin off that has that style throughout.

Posted by Alti on

comic concept- would you money order a comic ?
[IMG]http://members.optusnet.com.au/drummonds/ark.jpg[/IMG]

Submitted by smeg on Wed, 31/03/04 - 7:23 AM Permalink

Thats very cool.
It's nice to see one of your pieces taken to such a polished level.

cheers

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 31/03/04 - 7:30 AM Permalink

its a pretty cool pic, unfortunatly it dosent reveal much, inface if there wasnt a pair of eyes in there then you wouldnt even know there was a figure. Text could use something more, seems a bit to freshly typed if that makes any sense. Youve done much better stuff in that nightmare creatures thread.

Its pretty neat btw, dont get me wrong, just i know u can do heaps better

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 31/03/04 - 8:29 AM Permalink

dude id seroiusly change that font... if your going for a gothic sort of thing,.. try something a bit easier to read than - god damn i worked with fonts for 5 years, now i just cant think of even one to suggest... also id either add some styles to the type small outer glow or something like that.

But seriously man - a a goth comic with your style of art could really go good with a storyline.

Submitted by Johnn on Wed, 31/03/04 - 12:30 PM Permalink

looking good- text is a weak point though.

Outer glow would look a bit 'Buffy' or 'Xfiles', not really what you work seems to be about. I thing some dirty+razor blade scratchy&cut texture on the type face would be the go. Treat it like you do the rest of the image. Visually I would suggest trying to push the text back and pull the skeletal figure out as the focus. (Some marketing folk would disagree with me and say the title should be dominant and VERY easy to read for point of sale recognition purposes.)

Submitted by matias on Wed, 31/03/04 - 7:20 PM Permalink

yeah the font is a little to much of an afterthougt, I'd to see some of that texture in the grey robes(?) brought into the font like JohnN said, search around the net, theres quite a few gothic fonts that are simpler, ummm one is called just 'Black' I think....
it seriously reminds me of some spawn comics I have seen, a new spin off that has that style throughout.