Skip to main content

Melbourne/Brisbane Studios

Submitted by TartanBoy on

Hi Guys,

I'm from the UK, I've posted here before and got some pretty helpful feedback...now I'm looking for the same again. :)

I'm sending out my CV to dev studios in Brisbane/Melbourne, so far on my list is:

RedTribe
Blue Tongue
Pandemic
THQ Brisbane (I know Blue Tongue is THQ too)

Any I've missed? Any strong feelings positive/negative about any of the above? PM me if you don't want to publicly voice a -ve opinion

Much appreciated!

TB

Submitted by Esoj on Thu, 30/03/06 - 11:38 PM Permalink

I would suggest having a look through the developers listing at the top of the site.

Pandemic I think are great I don't work there but one of the guys from team dystopia got a job there and has only had good things to say about them.

THQ from my experince in dealing with them from the dawn of war beta a few years back was very good. they kept us regulary updated and were happy to answer questions I had

Submitted by Angel on Fri, 31/03/06 - 8:47 AM Permalink

I work at Torus Games in Victoria.. have been employed there for 6 months and I've loved every day. Other studios that come to mind are Auran, Krome, IR Gurus and Halfbrick. There's some more around, but nothing is coming to mind at the moment.

It might also depend on what job you do.. for example, if you're an animator, there may be some animation specific studios around.

Submitted by TartanBoy on Fri, 31/03/06 - 12:49 PM Permalink

Cheers guys, thanks for the responses...

I'll check them out

TB

Posted by TartanBoy on

Hi Guys,

I'm from the UK, I've posted here before and got some pretty helpful feedback...now I'm looking for the same again. :)

I'm sending out my CV to dev studios in Brisbane/Melbourne, so far on my list is:

RedTribe
Blue Tongue
Pandemic
THQ Brisbane (I know Blue Tongue is THQ too)

Any I've missed? Any strong feelings positive/negative about any of the above? PM me if you don't want to publicly voice a -ve opinion

Much appreciated!

TB

Submitted by Esoj on Thu, 30/03/06 - 11:38 PM Permalink

I would suggest having a look through the developers listing at the top of the site.

Pandemic I think are great I don't work there but one of the guys from team dystopia got a job there and has only had good things to say about them.

THQ from my experince in dealing with them from the dawn of war beta a few years back was very good. they kept us regulary updated and were happy to answer questions I had

Submitted by Angel on Fri, 31/03/06 - 8:47 AM Permalink

I work at Torus Games in Victoria.. have been employed there for 6 months and I've loved every day. Other studios that come to mind are Auran, Krome, IR Gurus and Halfbrick. There's some more around, but nothing is coming to mind at the moment.

It might also depend on what job you do.. for example, if you're an animator, there may be some animation specific studios around.

Submitted by TartanBoy on Fri, 31/03/06 - 12:49 PM Permalink

Cheers guys, thanks for the responses...

I'll check them out

TB