Skip to main content

Bring back the chickens!

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum
Submitted by tojo on Fri, 29/10/04 - 8:27 PM Permalink

what is a game without chickens........

my only gripe about 'halo' -- no chickens

my only gripe about 'vice city' --no chickens

although i have never been a counter-strike player...

..... my fondest memories in my youth ....... kicking and throwing the chickens in zelda 2...
good to know that they have even bothered to put a distance measuring device for chicken kicking in 'Fable'
my highest kick yet is about 8 metres..... i think...

(just a disclaimer to anyone who may get the wrong idea... i have worked in the poultry industry before...
from laying hens to catching them and shoveling thier crap ...... i have more experience with chickens than computer game making ....i could carry them ten at a time! .. not joking either.... have experienced amonia poisoning from working with the fumes from thier excrement and even spent a night in the watchhouse for an unpaid fine realting to a driving related offence whilst still wearing my poultry working overalls.... almost 9 hrs without a bath straight after the midnight shift.... i have always strived to be gentle and understanding when handeling live chickens....and buy only RSPCA eggs in support of animal welfare... and although i have chopped off thier heads and plucked thier feathers in the past... i maintain that i only did this out of practicality and not for any other reasons of mal-intent or any other sadistic rational.)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 30/10/04 - 5:30 AM Permalink

Awesome! ya know i actually said when playing that map in CS:S "hey what happened to the chickens?" and suddenly the whole team was going "hey yeah, dammit!!"
hell yeah i signed :P

Submitted by Major Clod on Sun, 31/10/04 - 6:03 AM Permalink

Damn, haven't played CS:Source yet so I didn't know they had removed them. That was always cool about the cs_italy map, running to the marketplace to be the first to kill the chickens... Ahh the days when CS was decent to play...

Submitted by tbag on Sun, 31/10/04 - 8:34 PM Permalink

I signed it, dont know if it will go anywhere but meh, i had a few seconds to sign it.

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Sun, 14/11/04 - 12:19 AM Permalink

chickens that have feathers flying out of them when they start to peak out and gap it away from you! Muhahah..
'cept the chickens in Neverwinter nights have lernt to retaliate! They almost killed my level 1 character! [:X]

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 14/11/04 - 2:31 AM Permalink

yeah, i havnt played CS:S yet but i saw a video and their absence was one of the first things i noticed! i dont play CS much but when i play that state i always seem to be distrated into shooting them. it's great fun.

i would be even better in CS:S though if they made them run away from you so you could chase them! (then they could give away your loaction too which would be cool)

Posted by souri on
Forum

Submitted by tojo on Fri, 29/10/04 - 8:27 PM Permalink

what is a game without chickens........

my only gripe about 'halo' -- no chickens

my only gripe about 'vice city' --no chickens

although i have never been a counter-strike player...

..... my fondest memories in my youth ....... kicking and throwing the chickens in zelda 2...
good to know that they have even bothered to put a distance measuring device for chicken kicking in 'Fable'
my highest kick yet is about 8 metres..... i think...

(just a disclaimer to anyone who may get the wrong idea... i have worked in the poultry industry before...
from laying hens to catching them and shoveling thier crap ...... i have more experience with chickens than computer game making ....i could carry them ten at a time! .. not joking either.... have experienced amonia poisoning from working with the fumes from thier excrement and even spent a night in the watchhouse for an unpaid fine realting to a driving related offence whilst still wearing my poultry working overalls.... almost 9 hrs without a bath straight after the midnight shift.... i have always strived to be gentle and understanding when handeling live chickens....and buy only RSPCA eggs in support of animal welfare... and although i have chopped off thier heads and plucked thier feathers in the past... i maintain that i only did this out of practicality and not for any other reasons of mal-intent or any other sadistic rational.)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 30/10/04 - 5:30 AM Permalink

Awesome! ya know i actually said when playing that map in CS:S "hey what happened to the chickens?" and suddenly the whole team was going "hey yeah, dammit!!"
hell yeah i signed :P

Submitted by Major Clod on Sun, 31/10/04 - 6:03 AM Permalink

Damn, haven't played CS:Source yet so I didn't know they had removed them. That was always cool about the cs_italy map, running to the marketplace to be the first to kill the chickens... Ahh the days when CS was decent to play...

Submitted by tbag on Sun, 31/10/04 - 8:34 PM Permalink

I signed it, dont know if it will go anywhere but meh, i had a few seconds to sign it.

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Sun, 14/11/04 - 12:19 AM Permalink

chickens that have feathers flying out of them when they start to peak out and gap it away from you! Muhahah..
'cept the chickens in Neverwinter nights have lernt to retaliate! They almost killed my level 1 character! [:X]

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 14/11/04 - 2:31 AM Permalink

yeah, i havnt played CS:S yet but i saw a video and their absence was one of the first things i noticed! i dont play CS much but when i play that state i always seem to be distrated into shooting them. it's great fun.

i would be even better in CS:S though if they made them run away from you so you could chase them! (then they could give away your loaction too which would be cool)