Skip to main content

THQ Studio Australia Hiring

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

THQ Studio Australia

? Australia's largest game developer and publisher

? Be part of a global team, accessing a wealth of experience and knowledge within the THQ group

? Licensed and new intellectual properties

THQ Studio Australia, based in sunny Brisbane, Australia, is a developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software. Founded in January 2003 as part of THQ Inc., THQ Studio Australia now employs more than 75 talented staffdeveloping on all major console platforms, including Microsoft Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii.

Brisbane is famous for its great weather, relaxed lifestyle, and friendly people. It's within this young, energetic and growing city that THQ Studio Australia has created its own friendly and professional environment, creating globally competitive products for the world's biggest markets.

Senior Game Designer

The Senior Game Designer is responsible for creative writing, object placement and scripting/implementation of the world in a game structure. They must be capable of technical documentation outlining the theoretical application of game systems. This position will report directly to the Lead Designer.

Position:-

? Create and execute level and system design documents

? Design game systems ranging from combat, through puzzle design to interface flow

? Proven ability to sell a gaming idea

? Supervise the implementation of game systems

? Maintain excellent communication with the Lead Designer

? Populate game worlds

? Script various gaming experiences

? Tune and balance levels, puzzles, combat etc as required

Requirements:-

? Significant game industry experience including one published title and subsequent production experience from concept to delivery

? Proven ability to design engaging gaming experiences

? Ability to rapidly conceptualize and solve problems in 3D space

? Creative writing skills a distinct advantage

? Knowledge of some art tools advantageous

? Comprehensive knowledge of game genres and platforms

? Highly motivated and organized

? Excellent communication and interpersonal skills

Lead Programmer

As our business continues to grow and thrive, this newly created role reports directly to the Programming Manager and is responsible for the programming functions within a game project team.   As a potential successor to the Programming Manager this role is not only responsible for game programming within the team but also involved in future technical direction across the studio. Key responsibilities of this position include:-

? Assist with the recruitment and development of technical talent, ensuring sufficient resource coverage and effective team cohesion.

? Create, implement and maintain a programming schedule including the identification of any potential production risks.

? Architect and implement high-risk code development.

? Lead the support of designers, artists and sound developers as clients of the programming team.

To succeed in this role you will be a strong team player and have a passion for technology. Key position requirements include:-

? Bachelor Degree in computer science or equivalent.

? Demonstrated Game Programming experience on at least one completed title.

? Proven track record in effectively managing employees and building successful teams.

? Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a methodical and patient demeanor.

? Strong 3D math background - must be able to solve 3D math problems

Lead Artist

The Lead Artist is responsible for managing the art team in production and refinement of assets. It is also their responsibility to allocate resources (both people and time) per project. This position will report directly to the Art Director.

? Set and maintain art quality standards

? Develop and maintain style guide and art pipeline documents?

? Determine asset completion assessment

? Input into technology features and game design

? Manage day to day activities of the art team

? Significant game industry experience with experience in a lead role

? Ability to schedule in MS Project

? Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a methodical and patient demeanor

? Proven ability in at least two of the following: 3D environment creation, character and/or prop modeling, user interface design, pre-visualization, graphic design, particle FX, MEL script/

? University degree in Art preferable

? Love of games and multiple genres greatly appreciated.

Senior Programmer

The Senior Programmer will be responsible for the implementation of complex game and tool code according to technical and game design documents. This position will report directly to the Lead Programmer.

? Develop and code game systems

? Implementation of complex game and tool code according to technical and game design documents.

? Work with the Lead Programmer to design complex components and architecture of the game

? Responsible for the most complex systems in the game development

? Ensure high quality code

? Perform functional testing on their code

? Fix bugs

? Game Programming experience on one or more completed titles

? PS2 systems level experience

? Strong 3D math background - Must be able to solve 3D math problems unattended.

? Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent

? Proven ability in at least one of the following: AI - Creating life-like behaviour models, Graphics ? Implementing advanced visual effects, Physics ? Enhancing game play with realistic interactions

? Strong C and C++ skills

Contact: - If you would like to know more please contact Andrew Kirkby at:-

Email:     akirkby@thq.com

Phone:     +61 3 9914 9944     

Applications: - Please submit all applications via the THQ Career Center at http://thq.kenexa.com/thq/cc/Home.ssSouri2007-07-24 23:49:19

Posted by souri on
Forum

THQ Studio Australia

? Australia's largest game developer and publisher

? Be part of a global team, accessing a wealth of experience and knowledge within the THQ group

? Licensed and new intellectual properties

THQ Studio Australia, based in sunny Brisbane, Australia, is a developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software. Founded in January 2003 as part of THQ Inc., THQ Studio Australia now employs more than 75 talented staffdeveloping on all major console platforms, including Microsoft Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii.

Brisbane is famous for its great weather, relaxed lifestyle, and friendly people. It's within this young, energetic and growing city that THQ Studio Australia has created its own friendly and professional environment, creating globally competitive products for the world's biggest markets.

Senior Game Designer

The Senior Game Designer is responsible for creative writing, object placement and scripting/implementation of the world in a game structure. They must be capable of technical documentation outlining the theoretical application of game systems. This position will report directly to the Lead Designer.

? Create and execute level and system design documents

? Design game systems ranging from combat, through puzzle design to interface flow

? Proven ability to sell a gaming idea

? Supervise the implementation of game systems

? Maintain excellent communication with the Lead Designer

? Populate game worlds

? Script various gaming experiences

? Tune and balance levels, puzzles, combat etc as required

? Significant game industry experience including one published title and subsequent production experience from concept to delivery

? Proven ability to design engaging gaming experiences

? Ability to rapidly conceptualize and solve problems in 3D space

? Creative writing skills a distinct advantage

? Knowledge of some art tools advantageous

? Comprehensive knowledge of game genres and platforms

? Highly motivated and organized

? Excellent communication and interpersonal skills

Lead Programmer

As our business continues to grow and thrive, this newly created role reports directly to the Programming Manager and is responsible for the programming functions within a game project team.   As a potential successor to the Programming Manager this role is not only responsible for game programming within the team but also involved in future technical direction across the studio. Key responsibilities of this position include:-

? Assist with the recruitment and development of technical talent, ensuring sufficient resource coverage and effective team cohesion.

? Create, implement and maintain a programming schedule including the identification of any potential production risks.

? Architect and implement high-risk code development.

? Lead the support of designers, artists and sound developers as clients of the programming team.

To succeed in this role you will be a strong team player and have a passion for technology. Key position requirements include:-

? Bachelor Degree in computer science or equivalent.

? Demonstrated Game Programming experience on at least one completed title.

? Proven track record in effectively managing employees and building successful teams.

? Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a methodical and patient demeanor.

? Strong 3D math background - must be able to solve 3D math problems

Lead Artist

The Lead Artist is responsible for managing the art team in production and refinement of assets. It is also their responsibility to allocate resources (both people and time) per project. This position will report directly to the Art Director.

? Set and maintain art quality standards

? Develop and maintain style guide and art pipeline documents?

? Determine asset completion assessment

? Input into technology features and game design

? Manage day to day activities of the art team

? Significant game industry experience with experience in a lead role

? Ability to schedule in MS Project

? Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a methodical and patient demeanor

? Proven ability in at least two of the following: 3D environment creation, character and/or prop modeling, user interface design, pre-visualization, graphic design, particle FX, MEL script/

? University degree in Art preferable

? Love of games and multiple genres greatly appreciated.

Senior Programmer

The Senior Programmer will be responsible for the implementation of complex game and tool code according to technical and game design documents. This position will report directly to the Lead Programmer.

? Develop and code game systems

? Implementation of complex game and tool code according to technical and game design documents.

? Work with the Lead Programmer to design complex components and architecture of the game

? Responsible for the most complex systems in the game development

? Ensure high quality code

? Perform functional testing on their code

? Fix bugs

? Game Programming experience on one or more completed titles

? PS2 systems level experience

? Strong 3D math background - Must be able to solve 3D math problems unattended.

? Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent

? Proven ability in at least one of the following: AI - Creating life-like behaviour models, Graphics ? Implementing advanced visual effects, Physics ? Enhancing game play with realistic interactions

? Strong C and C++ skills

Contact: - If you would like to know more please contact Andrew Kirkby at:-

Email:     akirkby@thq.com

Phone:     +61 3 9914 9944     

Applications: - Please submit all applications via the THQ Career Center at http://thq.kenexa.com/thq/cc/Home.ssSouri2007-07-24 23:49:19