Skip to main content

Wireframes displayed when rotating

Submitted by Makk on
Forum

Whenever i rotate my model in MAX8, it switches to wireframes. How can i turn this off? Its annoying when i want to rotate to view the model.
Heres a screenie of what its like...

Submitted by Neffy on Tue, 29/05/07 - 9:07 AM Permalink

that one gets me heaps, ive been through my entier keyboard to find the button to turn it off once hehe.

Submitted by Killa Dee on Tue, 29/05/07 - 10:09 AM Permalink

i prefer to put my keyboard on the ground and jump up and down on it, dance dance revolution style in situations like that.

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 29/05/07 - 3:09 PM Permalink

Sweet, thanks for that.

Submitted by Killa Dee on Wed, 30/05/07 - 1:28 AM Permalink

good old, adaptive degradation toggle. There are some cool max tips at cgtalk you may be interested in 3dsmax Secrets

Killa Dee2007-05-29 15:29:38

Submitted by Neffy on Wed, 30/05/07 - 2:00 AM Permalink

[QUOTE=Killa Dee] i prefer to put my keyboard on the ground and jump up and down on it, dance dance revolution style in situations like that. [/QUOTE] But while jumping you could step on the key more then once and turn it back on and then you still wouldnt know which key it was.

Submitted by Killa Dee on Wed, 30/05/07 - 2:07 AM Permalink

it's a highly complex process of elimination, but when this technique is mastered it speed in pad mashing is unparalleled.

Submitted by Neffy on Fri, 01/06/07 - 2:06 AM Permalink

your ninja skills must be very advanced to master such an amazing technique, please take me as your student so that i may one day be able to call myself a ninja as well.

Posted by Makk on
Forum

Whenever i rotate my model in MAX8, it switches to wireframes. How can i turn this off? Its annoying when i want to rotate to view the model.
Heres a screenie of what its like...

Submitted by Neffy on Tue, 29/05/07 - 9:07 AM Permalink

that one gets me heaps, ive been through my entier keyboard to find the button to turn it off once hehe.

Submitted by Killa Dee on Tue, 29/05/07 - 10:09 AM Permalink

i prefer to put my keyboard on the ground and jump up and down on it, dance dance revolution style in situations like that.

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 29/05/07 - 3:09 PM Permalink

Sweet, thanks for that.

Submitted by Killa Dee on Wed, 30/05/07 - 1:28 AM Permalink

good old, adaptive degradation toggle. There are some cool max tips at cgtalk you may be interested in 3dsmax Secrets

Killa Dee2007-05-29 15:29:38

Submitted by Neffy on Wed, 30/05/07 - 2:00 AM Permalink

[QUOTE=Killa Dee] i prefer to put my keyboard on the ground and jump up and down on it, dance dance revolution style in situations like that. [/QUOTE] But while jumping you could step on the key more then once and turn it back on and then you still wouldnt know which key it was.

Submitted by Killa Dee on Wed, 30/05/07 - 2:07 AM Permalink

it's a highly complex process of elimination, but when this technique is mastered it speed in pad mashing is unparalleled.

Submitted by Neffy on Fri, 01/06/07 - 2:06 AM Permalink

your ninja skills must be very advanced to master such an amazing technique, please take me as your student so that i may one day be able to call myself a ninja as well.