Skip to main content

utopicon

Submitted by Alti on

Just a idea for my next project - any thoughts ?
has alot of potential for mech drawing.
[IMG]http://members.optusnet.com.au/alti3/studio/loutopicon.jpg[/IMG]

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 29/05/04 - 1:50 AM Permalink

[:0]brilliant - man i love that story and would love to see it continued!!!!!! along with concepts of course!! [:D]

Submitted by hobonation on Sat, 29/05/04 - 2:12 AM Permalink

thats cool, reminds me of the animatrix..in a way

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 29/05/04 - 4:39 AM Permalink

hey man awesome concept, spin us some pics in your style of some of these bad ass bots ;)

Submitted by Alti on Sat, 29/05/04 - 12:38 PM Permalink

quote:spin us some pics in your style of some of these bad ass bots

hehe will do.-

i wanted to take the story of alien civilisation one step further and make it a blossoming empire of rediculious galactic proportions.

Human beings are barly a blip on the radar for these mecha civilisations that are so compleatly ancient.
The idea that a virtual mind is eternal just got me thinking to how massive a civilisation like this would be- with virtually unlimited resourses and a sentient machiene brain, they would be godlike after a few billion years.

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 29/05/04 - 3:20 PM Permalink

Wow, very cool sci-fi universe you?ve created. It?s pretty rare to see sci-fi set in truly massive scales. I really like the idea of A.I. mech?s (or mecha, whatever) growing into massive galactic civilisations.

The idea of A.I. rising is always fascinating sci-fi, and though its been done many times, rarely (if ever?) do we see the concept of A.I. after billions of years of development. It?s thought provoking stuff. What would such super-civilisations look like?

I think any civilisation that had billions of years to evolve, grow and consume the resources of the galaxy, would have incredible super-structures throughout the galaxy, which would be visible everywhere ? even from places out in the sticks, like Earth.
[:D]

Anyway, I really like your concepts and look forward to seeing more.

Posted by Alti on

Just a idea for my next project - any thoughts ?
has alot of potential for mech drawing.
[IMG]http://members.optusnet.com.au/alti3/studio/loutopicon.jpg[/IMG]

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 29/05/04 - 1:50 AM Permalink

[:0]brilliant - man i love that story and would love to see it continued!!!!!! along with concepts of course!! [:D]

Submitted by hobonation on Sat, 29/05/04 - 2:12 AM Permalink

thats cool, reminds me of the animatrix..in a way

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 29/05/04 - 4:39 AM Permalink

hey man awesome concept, spin us some pics in your style of some of these bad ass bots ;)

Submitted by Alti on Sat, 29/05/04 - 12:38 PM Permalink

quote:spin us some pics in your style of some of these bad ass bots

hehe will do.-

i wanted to take the story of alien civilisation one step further and make it a blossoming empire of rediculious galactic proportions.

Human beings are barly a blip on the radar for these mecha civilisations that are so compleatly ancient.
The idea that a virtual mind is eternal just got me thinking to how massive a civilisation like this would be- with virtually unlimited resourses and a sentient machiene brain, they would be godlike after a few billion years.

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 29/05/04 - 3:20 PM Permalink

Wow, very cool sci-fi universe you?ve created. It?s pretty rare to see sci-fi set in truly massive scales. I really like the idea of A.I. mech?s (or mecha, whatever) growing into massive galactic civilisations.

The idea of A.I. rising is always fascinating sci-fi, and though its been done many times, rarely (if ever?) do we see the concept of A.I. after billions of years of development. It?s thought provoking stuff. What would such super-civilisations look like?

I think any civilisation that had billions of years to evolve, grow and consume the resources of the galaxy, would have incredible super-structures throughout the galaxy, which would be visible everywhere ? even from places out in the sticks, like Earth.
[:D]

Anyway, I really like your concepts and look forward to seeing more.