Skip to main content

UT model: Crustashea

Submitted by Schlumppy on

Hi all,
Here is a model which I have had the idea for a while now, I have now got it working in UT 2004. It still needs a lot of work, such as the animations and textures. Just wanted to know what you guys think of her. She's about 2500 polygons with two 1024x1014 textures.

[IMG]http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Schlumpy/Crustashea_concept.jpg…]

[IMG]http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Schlumpy/Crustashea_front_side…]

[IMG]http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Schlumpy/Crustashea_3D.jpg[/IMG]

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 29/04/04 - 10:01 PM Permalink

the concept = VERY COOL!!!

The mesh = her breasts look too far apart, and even though a slightly curvier chick is refreshing i think the gluteus medius / maximus is a bit harsh and sticks out just a tad too much. Also her arms look a whole bunch thinner, compared to the rest of her voluptuos self.

The Texture = Looks pretty good man - but i think a few more detail passes with highlights / shadows are needed - to define materials a bit more - also there are a few visible seem problems especially the one around her neck.

edit : i just noticed that youve used 2 x 1024 x 1024 !!! a word - it really doesnt look like it at all so far, but like i said above a few more detail passes should help to fix that up, just at this stage it looks to be about a single 512 x 512 detail.

The rig = looks like it needs a bit of fine tuning around the armpit area ( always tough ) and the hip area - also theres a bit of stretching on that foot thats thrust forward on the bottom pic.

Overall man id say its a good start for sure, but for me that design deserves a bit more of your time spent making her look REALLY cool, dont get me wrong i think its good so far - but i think witha few more hours she could be great [:)]

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 29/04/04 - 11:16 PM Permalink

Yeah, I really like the idea here, excellent :)
Texture is pretty good, but you use some more like Hazard mentioned.
Any chance of an SDK?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 30/04/04 - 2:36 AM Permalink

great work, fits into the UT unvierse without being generic and boring, like the pincers :) dunno how theyll look holding weapons tho :P

Submitted by denz on Fri, 30/04/04 - 2:49 AM Permalink

Those pincers are awsome, looking forward to the finished texture.

Submitted by TheBigJ on Wed, 05/05/04 - 1:08 AM Permalink

Cool!

The pincers remind me of a Slaneesh daemonette from Warhammer 40k.

Also, I kinda like the alien-esque purple tint in the concept's skin. Would fit the red/pink colour scheme also.

Submitted by Me109 on Sat, 08/05/04 - 2:43 AM Permalink

nice work.. I like the poly work, nice proportions! you should do more work on the texture.. otherwise all that texture space your using is going to waste! otherwise is cool, and I'm sure she would nip anyone in the ass!

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 16/05/04 - 3:33 AM Permalink

I agree with what Hazard said, particually about the texture, there is faw too little deatil in there for such huge texture space.

Posted by Schlumppy on

Hi all,
Here is a model which I have had the idea for a while now, I have now got it working in UT 2004. It still needs a lot of work, such as the animations and textures. Just wanted to know what you guys think of her. She's about 2500 polygons with two 1024x1014 textures.

[IMG]http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Schlumpy/Crustashea_concept.jpg…]

[IMG]http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Schlumpy/Crustashea_front_side…]

[IMG]http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Schlumpy/Crustashea_3D.jpg[/IMG]

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 29/04/04 - 10:01 PM Permalink

the concept = VERY COOL!!!

The mesh = her breasts look too far apart, and even though a slightly curvier chick is refreshing i think the gluteus medius / maximus is a bit harsh and sticks out just a tad too much. Also her arms look a whole bunch thinner, compared to the rest of her voluptuos self.

The Texture = Looks pretty good man - but i think a few more detail passes with highlights / shadows are needed - to define materials a bit more - also there are a few visible seem problems especially the one around her neck.

edit : i just noticed that youve used 2 x 1024 x 1024 !!! a word - it really doesnt look like it at all so far, but like i said above a few more detail passes should help to fix that up, just at this stage it looks to be about a single 512 x 512 detail.

The rig = looks like it needs a bit of fine tuning around the armpit area ( always tough ) and the hip area - also theres a bit of stretching on that foot thats thrust forward on the bottom pic.

Overall man id say its a good start for sure, but for me that design deserves a bit more of your time spent making her look REALLY cool, dont get me wrong i think its good so far - but i think witha few more hours she could be great [:)]

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 29/04/04 - 11:16 PM Permalink

Yeah, I really like the idea here, excellent :)
Texture is pretty good, but you use some more like Hazard mentioned.
Any chance of an SDK?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 30/04/04 - 2:36 AM Permalink

great work, fits into the UT unvierse without being generic and boring, like the pincers :) dunno how theyll look holding weapons tho :P

Submitted by denz on Fri, 30/04/04 - 2:49 AM Permalink

Those pincers are awsome, looking forward to the finished texture.

Submitted by TheBigJ on Wed, 05/05/04 - 1:08 AM Permalink

Cool!

The pincers remind me of a Slaneesh daemonette from Warhammer 40k.

Also, I kinda like the alien-esque purple tint in the concept's skin. Would fit the red/pink colour scheme also.

Submitted by Me109 on Sat, 08/05/04 - 2:43 AM Permalink

nice work.. I like the poly work, nice proportions! you should do more work on the texture.. otherwise all that texture space your using is going to waste! otherwise is cool, and I'm sure she would nip anyone in the ass!

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 16/05/04 - 3:33 AM Permalink

I agree with what Hazard said, particually about the texture, there is faw too little deatil in there for such huge texture space.