Skip to main content

2D Avariel WIP

did this the other day in my time off. hopefully will continue painting soon. going for an 'icy crystaline' look.
any crits would be welcome, especially on skin painting.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/323_avariel.jpg[/img]

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 28/06/04 - 10:50 AM Permalink

Get back to work!!!!!! [:P]

Looks good !! but I think she could use some buttock definition.

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Mon, 28/06/04 - 11:00 AM Permalink

Get back to work?!?
What the???
ITS ONE IN THE MORNING! Im going to bed! [:D]

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Mon, 28/06/04 - 11:42 AM Permalink

You and Aven should get together, your style is very similar - I likes it!

Submitted by Pantmonger on Mon, 28/06/04 - 4:48 PM Permalink

Nice stuff going on here, I like the details in the hair and the wings are very funky.

Couple of nitpicks, the thigh seem a little to thick and formless, it needs more definition under the buttock and where the top of the leg joins the torso.
Also on the hand that is behind her back , the thumb is in the wrong position ie the hand is the wrong way around. When the hand is in that position the thumb should be close to the body.

Pantmonger

Submitted by RasTuS on Mon, 28/06/04 - 9:19 PM Permalink

your getting realy good steph but then u were always good :D

*busts some funky dance moves*

update??

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 29/06/04 - 2:28 AM Permalink

Ver' nice :) The head piece goes very nicely with her hair.

Whach you talkin bout Bob? Who doesn't like to draw a half nekid lady? ;)

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Tue, 29/06/04 - 2:51 AM Permalink

ah yeash i see the buttocks area thing, hazard kidly pointed that out to me last night and proceeded to tell me on sumea as well :P
im working on trying to get the hip bone to show more but havent been working on it sice i first put stylus to tablet the other day.

Gargh hands will plauge me forever! lol i was trying to go for a twisted arm look but i think i might redoo it as it look strange and doesn't look that gracefull.

ill update some more soon. well as soon as i get a new monitor.

Submitted by denz on Tue, 29/06/04 - 6:10 AM Permalink

nice character [:)]

Yeah, give her some ass, and bring that arm around a bit.

I'm no expert on painting, but maybe some more contrast? and some red tones in the skin.

Submitted by Stu on Tue, 29/06/04 - 7:51 AM Permalink

Nice, I saw the whole twisted arm thing when I first looked at it, then couldn't work out what Pants was talking about.

Stu

Submitted by Pantmonger on Tue, 29/06/04 - 4:58 PM Permalink

I understood that the arm is twisted so that the back of the hand is facing forward (relative to the character) what I was saying is if you adopt said pose you would see that your thumb should be on the ?closer to your body? side of your hand. As it is drawn it appears (well to me at least) that the thumb is on the side of the hand closer to the viewer, indicating that she has two right hands.

Sorry if Im wrong about this, its just what it looks like to me.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Malus on Tue, 29/06/04 - 6:55 PM Permalink

I actually totally agree with Pants, the hand doesn't sit naturally at all, even if you meant it.
The perspective would make the thumb smaller as it goes into the distance, Pants is spot on when he said it looks like 2 right hands.

One other thing, try twisting your arm like that, doesn't feel right does it? Maybe you should place it so the back of the hand is visible?

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Thu, 01/07/04 - 7:54 AM Permalink

well i have fixed all the problem areas everyone has mentioned. i gave more shape to the thy and buttocks, and i have also fixed up that left hand opting to go for Dean's tip [;)] thanks Dean!

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/323_avariel2.jpg[/img]

i gave her a new colour job. re-painting the skin and now going for a golden touch.
could use some suggestions for the colour of the tiara and if i should use a blue hue in her white hair or just a grey, or even golden?

anyway more crits plz :)

ps. the colours may look odd as my monitor is about to have a meltdown

Submitted by LiveWire on Sat, 03/07/04 - 4:13 AM Permalink

oooo purdy

i like the 'golden touch'

hair definatly needs some sort of colour tint to it

did this the other day in my time off. hopefully will continue painting soon. going for an 'icy crystaline' look.
any crits would be welcome, especially on skin painting.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/323_avariel.jpg[/img]

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 28/06/04 - 10:50 AM Permalink

Get back to work!!!!!! [:P]

Looks good !! but I think she could use some buttock definition.

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Mon, 28/06/04 - 11:00 AM Permalink

Get back to work?!?
What the???
ITS ONE IN THE MORNING! Im going to bed! [:D]

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Mon, 28/06/04 - 11:42 AM Permalink

You and Aven should get together, your style is very similar - I likes it!

Submitted by Pantmonger on Mon, 28/06/04 - 4:48 PM Permalink

Nice stuff going on here, I like the details in the hair and the wings are very funky.

Couple of nitpicks, the thigh seem a little to thick and formless, it needs more definition under the buttock and where the top of the leg joins the torso.
Also on the hand that is behind her back , the thumb is in the wrong position ie the hand is the wrong way around. When the hand is in that position the thumb should be close to the body.

Pantmonger

Submitted by RasTuS on Mon, 28/06/04 - 9:19 PM Permalink

your getting realy good steph but then u were always good :D

*busts some funky dance moves*

update??

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 29/06/04 - 2:28 AM Permalink

Ver' nice :) The head piece goes very nicely with her hair.

Whach you talkin bout Bob? Who doesn't like to draw a half nekid lady? ;)

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Tue, 29/06/04 - 2:51 AM Permalink

ah yeash i see the buttocks area thing, hazard kidly pointed that out to me last night and proceeded to tell me on sumea as well :P
im working on trying to get the hip bone to show more but havent been working on it sice i first put stylus to tablet the other day.

Gargh hands will plauge me forever! lol i was trying to go for a twisted arm look but i think i might redoo it as it look strange and doesn't look that gracefull.

ill update some more soon. well as soon as i get a new monitor.

Submitted by denz on Tue, 29/06/04 - 6:10 AM Permalink

nice character [:)]

Yeah, give her some ass, and bring that arm around a bit.

I'm no expert on painting, but maybe some more contrast? and some red tones in the skin.

Submitted by Stu on Tue, 29/06/04 - 7:51 AM Permalink

Nice, I saw the whole twisted arm thing when I first looked at it, then couldn't work out what Pants was talking about.

Stu

Submitted by Pantmonger on Tue, 29/06/04 - 4:58 PM Permalink

I understood that the arm is twisted so that the back of the hand is facing forward (relative to the character) what I was saying is if you adopt said pose you would see that your thumb should be on the ?closer to your body? side of your hand. As it is drawn it appears (well to me at least) that the thumb is on the side of the hand closer to the viewer, indicating that she has two right hands.

Sorry if Im wrong about this, its just what it looks like to me.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Malus on Tue, 29/06/04 - 6:55 PM Permalink

I actually totally agree with Pants, the hand doesn't sit naturally at all, even if you meant it.
The perspective would make the thumb smaller as it goes into the distance, Pants is spot on when he said it looks like 2 right hands.

One other thing, try twisting your arm like that, doesn't feel right does it? Maybe you should place it so the back of the hand is visible?

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Thu, 01/07/04 - 7:54 AM Permalink

well i have fixed all the problem areas everyone has mentioned. i gave more shape to the thy and buttocks, and i have also fixed up that left hand opting to go for Dean's tip [;)] thanks Dean!

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/323_avariel2.jpg[/img]

i gave her a new colour job. re-painting the skin and now going for a golden touch.
could use some suggestions for the colour of the tiara and if i should use a blue hue in her white hair or just a grey, or even golden?

anyway more crits plz :)

ps. the colours may look odd as my monitor is about to have a meltdown

Submitted by LiveWire on Sat, 03/07/04 - 4:13 AM Permalink

oooo purdy

i like the 'golden touch'

hair definatly needs some sort of colour tint to it