Skip to main content

ut Hommie

Hi, here is my concept for a ut model.
[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/brackenreg/uthommie[/img]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 28/04/04 - 12:34 AM Permalink

lol that is awesome, id love to see that guy in game, specially with some custom taunt animations :P . Its also a very polished looking drawing

Submitted by denz on Wed, 28/04/04 - 12:55 AM Permalink

really good:) cant wait to see the model.

Submitted by bullet21 on Wed, 28/04/04 - 1:50 AM Permalink

that ideas awesome and it shows in the concepts as well. Keep it real dawg, and represent

Submitted by Doord on Wed, 28/04/04 - 2:29 AM Permalink

Nice drawing, very nice.

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 28/04/04 - 5:58 AM Permalink

if you go through with the whole model and stuff - definetly keep with the animations for side style shooting / gangsta symbol things going on with the hands and shit, would be funny if anything, to see that next to some hulking muscle men with borg arms etc.

A refreshing approach - i hope you take it right through, id definately be keen to see the final results :)

Just one note tho in the concept hes wearing a massive Shotty cartridge holster thingo ( dunno the name of it ) - but hes got a small sidearm, i think it woulda looked cooler with a fat sawn-off.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 28/04/04 - 7:13 AM Permalink

well he dosent have the right sort of ammunition belt for his sidearm no, but in game he wont be able to take that weapon out and use it as it will just be a part of his model so theres no loss in keeping it small really, as the whole theme is still there. Thats my opinion.

Submitted by scottiebrack on Wed, 28/04/04 - 9:03 AM Permalink

Thanks for the comments! I was thinking of a b-boy 'freeze' as a taunt. I'll update when progress slowly happens.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 28/04/04 - 9:05 AM Permalink

you could really do a whole stack of custom animation for this guy, but thats really up to you and your patience :P

Submitted by Malus on Wed, 28/04/04 - 6:53 PM Permalink

Looks cool, I like it alot.
Would be good to see something different in an Unreal map.

Moonunit: Can't recall ever seeing that model gun before so I can't comment much on its ammo type but it could be a one shot flare gun as one of my co-workers pointed out. [:)]

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 28/04/04 - 9:24 PM Permalink

Really nice artwork and a cool design.

He just needs a bit more of the Bling Bling factor :)

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 29/04/04 - 12:17 AM Permalink

Nice, the flesh tones could use more colour in them, but apart from that it looks really good.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 29/04/04 - 12:44 AM Permalink

heh if only i still had my weapons book (i used to have a book with detailed drawings of every weapon makind had made since pointy rocks tied to spears to 2000). The ammunition could pass for flare ammo (im not an expert on flares but they generally look like shotty shells) however the holster for the gun is too long for the short barrel found in flare guns.

heh just felt like creeping everyone out with weapon talk (hides weapon stash).

Submitted by codyalday on Thu, 29/04/04 - 2:30 AM Permalink

That is one well out thought concept, I can't wait to see the modeling progress. Good luck with it mate.

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 29/04/04 - 6:59 AM Permalink

that beanie would sure proove to be a hinderance to sighting the bad guys tho dont you think ?pretty much tunnel vision going on there [;)]

- im only being picky man, he definately looks cool [:)]

Hi, here is my concept for a ut model.
[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/brackenreg/uthommie[/img]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 28/04/04 - 12:34 AM Permalink

lol that is awesome, id love to see that guy in game, specially with some custom taunt animations :P . Its also a very polished looking drawing

Submitted by denz on Wed, 28/04/04 - 12:55 AM Permalink

really good:) cant wait to see the model.

Submitted by bullet21 on Wed, 28/04/04 - 1:50 AM Permalink

that ideas awesome and it shows in the concepts as well. Keep it real dawg, and represent

Submitted by Doord on Wed, 28/04/04 - 2:29 AM Permalink

Nice drawing, very nice.

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 28/04/04 - 5:58 AM Permalink

if you go through with the whole model and stuff - definetly keep with the animations for side style shooting / gangsta symbol things going on with the hands and shit, would be funny if anything, to see that next to some hulking muscle men with borg arms etc.

A refreshing approach - i hope you take it right through, id definately be keen to see the final results :)

Just one note tho in the concept hes wearing a massive Shotty cartridge holster thingo ( dunno the name of it ) - but hes got a small sidearm, i think it woulda looked cooler with a fat sawn-off.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 28/04/04 - 7:13 AM Permalink

well he dosent have the right sort of ammunition belt for his sidearm no, but in game he wont be able to take that weapon out and use it as it will just be a part of his model so theres no loss in keeping it small really, as the whole theme is still there. Thats my opinion.

Submitted by scottiebrack on Wed, 28/04/04 - 9:03 AM Permalink

Thanks for the comments! I was thinking of a b-boy 'freeze' as a taunt. I'll update when progress slowly happens.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 28/04/04 - 9:05 AM Permalink

you could really do a whole stack of custom animation for this guy, but thats really up to you and your patience :P

Submitted by Malus on Wed, 28/04/04 - 6:53 PM Permalink

Looks cool, I like it alot.
Would be good to see something different in an Unreal map.

Moonunit: Can't recall ever seeing that model gun before so I can't comment much on its ammo type but it could be a one shot flare gun as one of my co-workers pointed out. [:)]

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 28/04/04 - 9:24 PM Permalink

Really nice artwork and a cool design.

He just needs a bit more of the Bling Bling factor :)

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 29/04/04 - 12:17 AM Permalink

Nice, the flesh tones could use more colour in them, but apart from that it looks really good.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 29/04/04 - 12:44 AM Permalink

heh if only i still had my weapons book (i used to have a book with detailed drawings of every weapon makind had made since pointy rocks tied to spears to 2000). The ammunition could pass for flare ammo (im not an expert on flares but they generally look like shotty shells) however the holster for the gun is too long for the short barrel found in flare guns.

heh just felt like creeping everyone out with weapon talk (hides weapon stash).

Submitted by codyalday on Thu, 29/04/04 - 2:30 AM Permalink

That is one well out thought concept, I can't wait to see the modeling progress. Good luck with it mate.

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 29/04/04 - 6:59 AM Permalink

that beanie would sure proove to be a hinderance to sighting the bad guys tho dont you think ?pretty much tunnel vision going on there [;)]

- im only being picky man, he definately looks cool [:)]