Skip to main content

Radeon R420XT coming with CounterStrike2 voucher

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

quote:A well-informed source let slip that a version of Counter Strike that will based at Half Life 2 is going to shipped with these new Radeons; not only the high-ends but apparently through the whole range, at least that's what we heard.

[url="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14979"]From The Enquirer[/url]

Speaking of Counter-strike, Condition Zero has *finally* been released, and after 3 years of development hell and passing through numerous developers, [url="http://steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=5ffc30f0ba576cb31a1bfa0…"]it's pretty crappy.[/url]

Submitted by Barry Dahlberg on Sun, 28/03/04 - 8:58 PM Permalink

From what I hear "A well informed source" is a little misleading...

Submitted by tbag on Sun, 28/03/04 - 9:41 PM Permalink

I read that article yesterday and i think it is a little fishy... but anything could happen, its Valve [:p].

I just cant wait to get my dirty hands on Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike 2 if it ever comes out [:)]. Hell! Im just looking forward to playing with the physics by hitting things etc... [;)].

Submitted by souri on Tue, 30/03/04 - 1:48 PM Permalink

I remember reading an interview with Gooseman about 2 years ago where he mentioned that he was working on Counterstrike 2 (I mean, it shouldn't really come as a surprise since, well, what else could he have been doing the last few years!). It'll be interesting to see where they take the sequel. I hope it aint just a coat of new paint [;)]

Submitted by ScORCHo on Tue, 30/03/04 - 7:15 PM Permalink

Shipping these cards with a voucher for Half life 2 or this so called "Counterstrike 2" is crap..The release is still unknown for it. by the time it is released there could be even better cards around. heheh i just was looking at the current Adrenalin Vault Pc release list....

June 14 Quarter 2 2004

TEAM FORTRESS 2.......?!

It has a link to the website..and its the same one they have had there for 6 years! the last news update is Dec 2001. Way to go Valve...keep at it, eventially you'll convince us once again it is coming out.

Submitted by tbag on Wed, 31/03/04 - 3:02 AM Permalink

Team Fortress 2 is interesting. It never seemed to be mentioned or talked about much...

The website still hasnt really changed from the many years it has been up...

Submitted by ScORCHo on Wed, 31/03/04 - 6:50 PM Permalink

Valve are probably now updating it for the Half Life 2 engine. I think thats why they gave up on releasing it, because they decided redo it HL2....u know....keep the versions in sync. Im sure it will be awesome either way it comes.

Submitted by tbag on Thu, 01/04/04 - 3:14 AM Permalink

Awesome sworesome i want my Half-Life 2! [;)]

Posted by souri on
Forum

quote:A well-informed source let slip that a version of Counter Strike that will based at Half Life 2 is going to shipped with these new Radeons; not only the high-ends but apparently through the whole range, at least that's what we heard.

[url="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14979"]From The Enquirer[/url]

Speaking of Counter-strike, Condition Zero has *finally* been released, and after 3 years of development hell and passing through numerous developers, [url="http://steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=5ffc30f0ba576cb31a1bfa0…"]it's pretty crappy.[/url]

Submitted by Barry Dahlberg on Sun, 28/03/04 - 8:58 PM Permalink

From what I hear "A well informed source" is a little misleading...

Submitted by tbag on Sun, 28/03/04 - 9:41 PM Permalink

I read that article yesterday and i think it is a little fishy... but anything could happen, its Valve [:p].

I just cant wait to get my dirty hands on Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike 2 if it ever comes out [:)]. Hell! Im just looking forward to playing with the physics by hitting things etc... [;)].

Submitted by souri on Tue, 30/03/04 - 1:48 PM Permalink

I remember reading an interview with Gooseman about 2 years ago where he mentioned that he was working on Counterstrike 2 (I mean, it shouldn't really come as a surprise since, well, what else could he have been doing the last few years!). It'll be interesting to see where they take the sequel. I hope it aint just a coat of new paint [;)]

Submitted by ScORCHo on Tue, 30/03/04 - 7:15 PM Permalink

Shipping these cards with a voucher for Half life 2 or this so called "Counterstrike 2" is crap..The release is still unknown for it. by the time it is released there could be even better cards around. heheh i just was looking at the current Adrenalin Vault Pc release list....

June 14 Quarter 2 2004

TEAM FORTRESS 2.......?!

It has a link to the website..and its the same one they have had there for 6 years! the last news update is Dec 2001. Way to go Valve...keep at it, eventially you'll convince us once again it is coming out.

Submitted by tbag on Wed, 31/03/04 - 3:02 AM Permalink

Team Fortress 2 is interesting. It never seemed to be mentioned or talked about much...

The website still hasnt really changed from the many years it has been up...

Submitted by ScORCHo on Wed, 31/03/04 - 6:50 PM Permalink

Valve are probably now updating it for the Half Life 2 engine. I think thats why they gave up on releasing it, because they decided redo it HL2....u know....keep the versions in sync. Im sure it will be awesome either way it comes.

Submitted by tbag on Thu, 01/04/04 - 3:14 AM Permalink

Awesome sworesome i want my Half-Life 2! [;)]