Skip to main content

Hawkins' Digital Chocolate acquires Sumea

Submitted by Brain on
Forum

From Blues News: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=new&aid=3675 Coupled with the fact the link is on gamesindustry.biz, it made my head explode. Then I read the article. @:-)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 27/06/04 - 5:28 AM Permalink

lol your little forum thread title made me jump a bit to

Submitted by Kalescent on Sun, 27/06/04 - 5:33 AM Permalink

Lol yeah read the article on gamesindustry.biz a couple nights back, same reaction

Submitted by souri on Sun, 27/06/04 - 6:58 AM Permalink

To cut a long story short for those who don't know, I got the name Sumea from an old Amiga demo from over 10 years ago. I registered and started developing the site in 2000. Sumea.com at that time was taken by these 3d java applet developers who had 2 demos on show. My impression of the site then was that it was some hobby site to show that Java could do 3d. I mean, I remember visiting the site a year later and there weren't any updates and those 2 demos were still there. [:)] Sumea.com.au goes up for 2 years or so when Sumea.com announces they're doing some stuff with mobile phones, handheld games and whatnot.

So yeh, they did have the Sumea name first, but it didn't look like they were going to do anything with it even when this site was up for over a year or two. [:D]

Posted by Brain on
Forum

From Blues News: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=new&aid=3675 Coupled with the fact the link is on gamesindustry.biz, it made my head explode. Then I read the article. @:-)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 27/06/04 - 5:28 AM Permalink

lol your little forum thread title made me jump a bit to

Submitted by Kalescent on Sun, 27/06/04 - 5:33 AM Permalink

Lol yeah read the article on gamesindustry.biz a couple nights back, same reaction

Submitted by souri on Sun, 27/06/04 - 6:58 AM Permalink

To cut a long story short for those who don't know, I got the name Sumea from an old Amiga demo from over 10 years ago. I registered and started developing the site in 2000. Sumea.com at that time was taken by these 3d java applet developers who had 2 demos on show. My impression of the site then was that it was some hobby site to show that Java could do 3d. I mean, I remember visiting the site a year later and there weren't any updates and those 2 demos were still there. [:)] Sumea.com.au goes up for 2 years or so when Sumea.com announces they're doing some stuff with mobile phones, handheld games and whatnot.

So yeh, they did have the Sumea name first, but it didn't look like they were going to do anything with it even when this site was up for over a year or two. [:D]