Skip to main content

beastie

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on

[IMG]http://members.optusnet.com.au/altiquex/wow/con12.jpg[/IMG]
A little beastie - any thoughts ?

Submitted by hobonation on Tue, 27/04/04 - 2:53 AM Permalink

A happy looking chum. awesome drawing by the way. The top half looks especially good. His legs look a tad to pointy, but who am i to crit? very awesome little beasty.

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 27/04/04 - 4:20 AM Permalink

nice man :) i see youve tidied up your style quite a bit - not so much impressionism in this piece - i really like him except i think like hobo says his legs look to thin in order to support his massive frame.

looks insane tho!!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 27/04/04 - 4:23 AM Permalink

as mentioned a lot tidier then some of your other work :P its a good concept, he is a bulky character so yeah, with points for his stability you can see him just slipping right up and ending on his arse (if he has an arse....). He needs a larger surface area on the bottom of his feet area (or whatever you choose to hold him up).

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 27/04/04 - 8:42 AM Permalink

just from that last post, id say that the front legs need to be a whole lot more large and powerful man - look at that crazy body those 2 small legs are holding up. also something is looking funny in the area just past his main gut part - i think its called the thorax ( not sure ) but it almost looks unbalanced in that area.

I really like the concept - i can see these guys going sick a bit like the oliphaunts in LOTR ( obviously on a smaller scale tho )

Submitted by matias on Tue, 27/04/04 - 8:07 PM Permalink

Oh yeah man this style is much better suited to concept art! I like it, I agree with people to a point with just 4 of those little legs it couldn't support itself, but seeing its all insectoid and arachnidish, I'd just chuck a couple more sets of those legs on, I also think it would balance the whole creature, check out the top half, he has a heap of arms and arms/mandibles yet not as many legs! having more legs would I think really set it off, plus you could keep the spindly insect legs.... I think that you have cleaned up your style to a good point where people can clearly see the details, yet managed to keep the 'flavour' (non-hip hop context[:p]) of your old work!!

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 28/04/04 - 6:07 AM Permalink

very cool - that stance in the middle to the right of the page - expresses so much menace. i like it lots - and that poor little bloke with the handgun, is undoubtably about to cop it oh so sweetly. i like the progress you got happening with this creature man :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 28/04/04 - 7:10 AM Permalink

its coming along very well, reminds me a lot of some of the half life bugs

one thing is that your front side concepts dont really match up too well, so as an actuall bg reference under the grid in a modelling program they wouldnt work very well, but they could be used as a reference still.

Posted by Anonymous (not verified) on

[IMG]http://members.optusnet.com.au/altiquex/wow/con12.jpg[/IMG]
A little beastie - any thoughts ?

Submitted by hobonation on Tue, 27/04/04 - 2:53 AM Permalink

A happy looking chum. awesome drawing by the way. The top half looks especially good. His legs look a tad to pointy, but who am i to crit? very awesome little beasty.

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 27/04/04 - 4:20 AM Permalink

nice man :) i see youve tidied up your style quite a bit - not so much impressionism in this piece - i really like him except i think like hobo says his legs look to thin in order to support his massive frame.

looks insane tho!!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 27/04/04 - 4:23 AM Permalink

as mentioned a lot tidier then some of your other work :P its a good concept, he is a bulky character so yeah, with points for his stability you can see him just slipping right up and ending on his arse (if he has an arse....). He needs a larger surface area on the bottom of his feet area (or whatever you choose to hold him up).

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 27/04/04 - 8:42 AM Permalink

just from that last post, id say that the front legs need to be a whole lot more large and powerful man - look at that crazy body those 2 small legs are holding up. also something is looking funny in the area just past his main gut part - i think its called the thorax ( not sure ) but it almost looks unbalanced in that area.

I really like the concept - i can see these guys going sick a bit like the oliphaunts in LOTR ( obviously on a smaller scale tho )

Submitted by matias on Tue, 27/04/04 - 8:07 PM Permalink

Oh yeah man this style is much better suited to concept art! I like it, I agree with people to a point with just 4 of those little legs it couldn't support itself, but seeing its all insectoid and arachnidish, I'd just chuck a couple more sets of those legs on, I also think it would balance the whole creature, check out the top half, he has a heap of arms and arms/mandibles yet not as many legs! having more legs would I think really set it off, plus you could keep the spindly insect legs.... I think that you have cleaned up your style to a good point where people can clearly see the details, yet managed to keep the 'flavour' (non-hip hop context[:p]) of your old work!!

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 28/04/04 - 6:07 AM Permalink

very cool - that stance in the middle to the right of the page - expresses so much menace. i like it lots - and that poor little bloke with the handgun, is undoubtably about to cop it oh so sweetly. i like the progress you got happening with this creature man :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 28/04/04 - 7:10 AM Permalink

its coming along very well, reminds me a lot of some of the half life bugs

one thing is that your front side concepts dont really match up too well, so as an actuall bg reference under the grid in a modelling program they wouldnt work very well, but they could be used as a reference still.