Skip to main content

Collaboration in Brisbane

Submitted by Dwarfman on
Forum

Gday everyone,

I and two others happen to be starting a company shortly. We go live in August mostly legal and preliminary business requirements. Website, Domain Name, ABN & Registered Business Name. We are all very capable people. The Team breaks down as follows:

Dedicated
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Myself ? Adam Lee ? QUT Grad. Out of work Software Engineer. But not out of work.
David Mynard ? Studied with me at QUT, a good C++ Programmer / Math.
Warrick Marr ? Close friend 3D Animator.

Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full Fathom Five - The Band, David?s Older brother Robert.
Richard Lee - My Little Bro, Graphic Designer soon to be 3D capable.
Michael - My Old Bro - Lawyer ( Public Prosecution )
Christian - A close friend of both Warrick, David and Five - 3D Animator who worked on the Powderfinger video clip, Sunsets.

Like most small start-ups we have no money, only enough to keep the business afloat. Yes I know why you would bother? But we do have a high capacity of talent and what I am asking for is any one willing to join the team to work on a project for a possible pitch to PC or Xbox publishers. Any artist out of work, students looking for a way to constructively use there skills while looking for work or studying, 3D animators wanting to flex there anim-ative skills, professionals bored with cubical jobs or just people looking for a place in to meet others in the industry.

Completed Objectives
Legal loose ends.
Business plan.
Company paper work.
Launching shell for engine.
Game structure.
Class & File break down.

Objectives to be Completed
Detailed design of game.
Game Engine. (Graphics and Logical Core)
Story (Half Complete. It?s a trilogy, so buckle your seat belts it may be a long trip.)
Pitch (Game or capacity of company.)

If you don?t see much in it for yourself you can add this Project (if you contributed) in its entirety to your work portfolio, a nice addition to your CV. Interested then drop me a line.

P.S. ? we are base in Brisbane but don?t let that deter you.

Adam - dwarfman@netspace.net.au

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 26/05/04 - 8:14 AM Permalink

OKay i just finished asking you about your team in another post - low and behold heres the guts! [:D]

Id just like to say, depending on the requirements - and what your after, and what we are doing at the time, Kalescent Studios may be able to offer some help in areas your having troubles with.

Were also based in Brisbane, check out our website http://www.kalescentstudios.com

If you ever need anything or have questions feel free to contact us [:D]

Submitted by cutty on Wed, 26/05/04 - 10:58 AM Permalink

It sounds interesting, but i'd like to know more about what type/style of game..(I'm a level designer btw..) and also when roughly you would have the editor done to start on the actual building(?)Edit: oh, you might not even mean to this stage..well, i can do concept/environment art too.

Submitted by PolyFury on Wed, 26/05/04 - 1:47 PM Permalink

Hi my name is ben Im a licensed 3ds max 4.2 and photo shop 6 user and am keen to help, im currently studying a diploma in screen and have skills in both Maya and 3ds Max.

I also have skills in the unreal level editor, and also in exporting characters for the Auranjet engine.
Please feel free to contact me in regards to any help

Ben

benwheatley@hotmail.com

Posted by Dwarfman on
Forum

Gday everyone,

I and two others happen to be starting a company shortly. We go live in August mostly legal and preliminary business requirements. Website, Domain Name, ABN & Registered Business Name. We are all very capable people. The Team breaks down as follows:

Dedicated
Myself ? Adam Lee ? QUT Grad. Out of work Software Engineer. But not out of work.
David Mynard ? Studied with me at QUT, a good C++ Programmer / Math.
Warrick Marr ? Close friend 3D Animator.

Support
Full Fathom Five - The Band, David?s Older brother Robert.
Richard Lee - My Little Bro, Graphic Designer soon to be 3D capable.
Michael - My Old Bro - Lawyer ( Public Prosecution )
Christian - A close friend of both Warrick, David and Five - 3D Animator who worked on the Powderfinger video clip, Sunsets.

Like most small start-ups we have no money, only enough to keep the business afloat. Yes I know why you would bother? But we do have a high capacity of talent and what I am asking for is any one willing to join the team to work on a project for a possible pitch to PC or Xbox publishers. Any artist out of work, students looking for a way to constructively use there skills while looking for work or studying, 3D animators wanting to flex there anim-ative skills, professionals bored with cubical jobs or just people looking for a place in to meet others in the industry.

Completed Objectives
Legal loose ends.
Business plan.
Company paper work.
Launching shell for engine.
Game structure.
Class & File break down.

Objectives to be Completed
Detailed design of game.
Game Engine. (Graphics and Logical Core)
Story (Half Complete. It?s a trilogy, so buckle your seat belts it may be a long trip.)
Pitch (Game or capacity of company.)

If you don?t see much in it for yourself you can add this Project (if you contributed) in its entirety to your work portfolio, a nice addition to your CV. Interested then drop me a line.

P.S. ? we are base in Brisbane but don?t let that deter you.

Adam - dwarfman@netspace.net.au

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 26/05/04 - 8:14 AM Permalink

OKay i just finished asking you about your team in another post - low and behold heres the guts! [:D]

Id just like to say, depending on the requirements - and what your after, and what we are doing at the time, Kalescent Studios may be able to offer some help in areas your having troubles with.

Were also based in Brisbane, check out our website http://www.kalescentstudios.com

If you ever need anything or have questions feel free to contact us [:D]

Submitted by cutty on Wed, 26/05/04 - 10:58 AM Permalink

It sounds interesting, but i'd like to know more about what type/style of game..(I'm a level designer btw..) and also when roughly you would have the editor done to start on the actual building(?)Edit: oh, you might not even mean to this stage..well, i can do concept/environment art too.

Submitted by PolyFury on Wed, 26/05/04 - 1:47 PM Permalink

Hi my name is ben Im a licensed 3ds max 4.2 and photo shop 6 user and am keen to help, im currently studying a diploma in screen and have skills in both Maya and 3ds Max.

I also have skills in the unreal level editor, and also in exporting characters for the Auranjet engine.
Please feel free to contact me in regards to any help

Ben

benwheatley@hotmail.com