Skip to main content

Mech Tek magazine.

Submitted by Alti on

Ok, I am a graphics designer/web designer -

Would anybody be interested in reading a magazine devoted to concept art and the like if i started one up?

I'l do a few more pages see what you all think.

[IMG]http://members.optusnet.com.au/alti/mech_tek_mag.jpg[/IMG]

Submitted by Aven on Mon, 24/11/03 - 8:04 AM Permalink

If it were to cover a variety of articles then yes. By a variety of articles I mean:

. Artist Profiles/Interviews. Have a look at both professional and amature designers to see their work as well as how they go about it.
. Tutorials. People are able to write up tutorials showing how they go about creating a character or effect. May just be tips, disciplines or "should do/should not do" articles.
. Links to various sites on the net showing both work and tutes.

The most important thing would be to make sure that it is focused mainly around amatures artists/designers though. Although it is great to read how pros go about it and for them to share their experience, it would be the perfect opertunity to help amature people get recognised.

I would also like to see it not just devoted to graphical forms of concept and design. It could include people's stories and how they create ideas for worlds.

I'm sure that you have already thought of these things, but I'll say them anyway :)

Very cool idea though, and it would be great to see it launched.

Submitted by Alti on Mon, 24/11/03 - 8:20 AM Permalink

hey thanks Aven-
most of what you suggested is amongst the list of thing to do. I plan on printing this then selling it over the net. The feedback for it so far has been very positive , as it turns out there arn't many magazines if any that deal with primarily this kind of art, ie - production art, concept art and industrial design, although some magazines have sections amongst their other topics i want this to be focused on the digital comunity's that are all over the plannet devoted to concepting and the art of design.
Alot of concept artists publish their own work in their body of art books like a resume, this will be a magazine that does the same for a whole bunch of artists on many genres, mecha being one of the coolest.

Submitted by Alti on Mon, 24/11/03 - 8:24 AM Permalink

anyway , i'l do some more work on it , i'm planning on 40 pages first issue. If it sells localy and is taken well, then i'l do another. If nobody lets me use their art, i have 16 sketch books to work with of my own, along with a tonn of short stories in the future mecha genre.

Posted by Alti on

Ok, I am a graphics designer/web designer -

Would anybody be interested in reading a magazine devoted to concept art and the like if i started one up?

I'l do a few more pages see what you all think.

[IMG]http://members.optusnet.com.au/alti/mech_tek_mag.jpg[/IMG]

Submitted by Aven on Mon, 24/11/03 - 8:04 AM Permalink

If it were to cover a variety of articles then yes. By a variety of articles I mean:

. Artist Profiles/Interviews. Have a look at both professional and amature designers to see their work as well as how they go about it.
. Tutorials. People are able to write up tutorials showing how they go about creating a character or effect. May just be tips, disciplines or "should do/should not do" articles.
. Links to various sites on the net showing both work and tutes.

The most important thing would be to make sure that it is focused mainly around amatures artists/designers though. Although it is great to read how pros go about it and for them to share their experience, it would be the perfect opertunity to help amature people get recognised.

I would also like to see it not just devoted to graphical forms of concept and design. It could include people's stories and how they create ideas for worlds.

I'm sure that you have already thought of these things, but I'll say them anyway :)

Very cool idea though, and it would be great to see it launched.

Submitted by Alti on Mon, 24/11/03 - 8:20 AM Permalink

hey thanks Aven-
most of what you suggested is amongst the list of thing to do. I plan on printing this then selling it over the net. The feedback for it so far has been very positive , as it turns out there arn't many magazines if any that deal with primarily this kind of art, ie - production art, concept art and industrial design, although some magazines have sections amongst their other topics i want this to be focused on the digital comunity's that are all over the plannet devoted to concepting and the art of design.
Alot of concept artists publish their own work in their body of art books like a resume, this will be a magazine that does the same for a whole bunch of artists on many genres, mecha being one of the coolest.

Submitted by Alti on Mon, 24/11/03 - 8:24 AM Permalink

anyway , i'l do some more work on it , i'm planning on 40 pages first issue. If it sells localy and is taken well, then i'l do another. If nobody lets me use their art, i have 16 sketch books to work with of my own, along with a tonn of short stories in the future mecha genre.