Skip to main content

Halo 2 E3 Trailer

Submitted by Brain on
Forum

[url]http://halo.bungie.net/news/stories/halo-H2E32003Video.html[/url]

Grabbed the 60MB Quicktime trailer. OOOOOoooooo... I'm kinda in love. Looks rather pretty and has some cool elements involved. I'm still yet to play the original, even though I pretty much know everyone's report of it, but am definitely looking forward to this one.

Find it amusing though that we'll probably see Halo 2 on XBox before Halo graces us on the PC. Or the Mac, where it's originally supposed to be. @:-P

Submitted by Gaffer on Mon, 23/06/03 - 9:52 PM Permalink

halo is supposedly out on the pc now

Submitted by sho nuff on Mon, 23/06/03 - 10:34 PM Permalink

i just read an article that said halo was originally intended as a realtime strategy game. It would be interesting to see how that would play. Probably not as exciting, but it makes you wonder of what might have been. hmmmmm....

Submitted by Gaffer on Tue, 24/06/03 - 4:23 AM Permalink

heh. freedom force was originally meant to be a turn based 2d strategy game with tiles, much like XCOM.

things change :)

Submitted by Brain on Tue, 24/06/03 - 9:09 AM Permalink

Quake started out as an RPG if memory serves.

Submitted by souri on Sat, 28/06/03 - 4:39 AM Permalink

I wonder if id software will eventually get around to doing their rpg.. Half the team wanted to do an rpg sort of game instead of Doom 3, and some big trouble in little id followed.

Posted by Brain on
Forum

[url]http://halo.bungie.net/news/stories/halo-H2E32003Video.html[/url]

Grabbed the 60MB Quicktime trailer. OOOOOoooooo... I'm kinda in love. Looks rather pretty and has some cool elements involved. I'm still yet to play the original, even though I pretty much know everyone's report of it, but am definitely looking forward to this one.

Find it amusing though that we'll probably see Halo 2 on XBox before Halo graces us on the PC. Or the Mac, where it's originally supposed to be. @:-P

Submitted by Gaffer on Mon, 23/06/03 - 9:52 PM Permalink

halo is supposedly out on the pc now

Submitted by sho nuff on Mon, 23/06/03 - 10:34 PM Permalink

i just read an article that said halo was originally intended as a realtime strategy game. It would be interesting to see how that would play. Probably not as exciting, but it makes you wonder of what might have been. hmmmmm....

Submitted by Gaffer on Tue, 24/06/03 - 4:23 AM Permalink

heh. freedom force was originally meant to be a turn based 2d strategy game with tiles, much like XCOM.

things change :)

Submitted by Brain on Tue, 24/06/03 - 9:09 AM Permalink

Quake started out as an RPG if memory serves.

Submitted by souri on Sat, 28/06/03 - 4:39 AM Permalink

I wonder if id software will eventually get around to doing their rpg.. Half the team wanted to do an rpg sort of game instead of Doom 3, and some big trouble in little id followed.