Skip to main content

Coming Soon: Mini Programmer Chanllenge #1!

Submitted by redwyre on
Forum

Check it out [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3991"]here[/url]. I have a challenge in mind, I might try and knock up a reference implementation to see how easy it is. More details soon!

Submitted by Talvash on Tue, 01/08/06 - 4:27 AM Permalink

Today is the 31st ( unless your in the States ) just wondering whats going on with the challange?

Submitted by Mario (not verified) on Tue, 01/08/06 - 6:57 AM Permalink

Yeah, anyone have any news about whether this is still going ahead, and any more details?

Submitted by Carlin on Tue, 01/08/06 - 8:35 AM Permalink

I was also looking forward to this, anyone got any news?

Submitted by redwyre on Wed, 02/08/06 - 1:22 AM Permalink

Well, that's quite encouraging :) Details are updated!

Submitted by Brett on Sun, 06/08/06 - 11:33 PM Permalink

I was going to work on this in 6502 assembler on my apple //c but it would be hard to run :)
I won't have the development environment set up for it by next week anyway so i'll have to wait for the next one :)

Submitted by souri on Tue, 15/08/06 - 1:52 AM Permalink

So, uh.. only two people had a go? o_O

Submitted by Soul on Thu, 17/08/06 - 6:07 AM Permalink

Pity about the number of entries... would've been good to see a few more different algorithms and implementations.

At least my other half is happy - she's Sudoku mad, so now she has something to solve the ones that get her stumped (which is a scarily rare occurance).

Submitted by redwyre on Sat, 19/08/06 - 12:06 AM Permalink

Next time will be better, I promise! I've been too busy to keep any eye on this one. I know a few people that started but didn't finish (including myself), maybe it wasn't a simple chanllenge after all? Any comments on the challenge would be greatly appreciated (either here or PM me through the forum).

Posted by redwyre on
Forum

Check it out [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3991"]here[/url]. I have a challenge in mind, I might try and knock up a reference implementation to see how easy it is. More details soon!

Submitted by Talvash on Tue, 01/08/06 - 4:27 AM Permalink

Today is the 31st ( unless your in the States ) just wondering whats going on with the challange?

Submitted by Mario (not verified) on Tue, 01/08/06 - 6:57 AM Permalink

Yeah, anyone have any news about whether this is still going ahead, and any more details?

Submitted by Carlin on Tue, 01/08/06 - 8:35 AM Permalink

I was also looking forward to this, anyone got any news?

Submitted by redwyre on Wed, 02/08/06 - 1:22 AM Permalink

Well, that's quite encouraging :) Details are updated!

Submitted by Brett on Sun, 06/08/06 - 11:33 PM Permalink

I was going to work on this in 6502 assembler on my apple //c but it would be hard to run :)
I won't have the development environment set up for it by next week anyway so i'll have to wait for the next one :)

Submitted by souri on Tue, 15/08/06 - 1:52 AM Permalink

So, uh.. only two people had a go? o_O

Submitted by Soul on Thu, 17/08/06 - 6:07 AM Permalink

Pity about the number of entries... would've been good to see a few more different algorithms and implementations.

At least my other half is happy - she's Sudoku mad, so now she has something to solve the ones that get her stumped (which is a scarily rare occurance).

Submitted by redwyre on Sat, 19/08/06 - 12:06 AM Permalink

Next time will be better, I promise! I've been too busy to keep any eye on this one. I know a few people that started but didn't finish (including myself), maybe it wasn't a simple chanllenge after all? Any comments on the challenge would be greatly appreciated (either here or PM me through the forum).