Skip to main content

Real Off Topic Question

Submitted by Me109 on
Forum

Hey to all of you movers and shakers out there!!

Just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about snowboarding the snowy's???
Which is the best resort to go too .. blue cow.. perisher etc...??

I have no idea since I havent skiied is Aussie yet...

please help if you like the snow and like it powdery!!!

Cheers

Submitted by Brain on Tue, 22/06/04 - 3:59 AM Permalink

Perisher has the half pipe which gets the mad raves, always used for Xtreme Games. Thredbo's good all round. Hoping to get some boarding done myself these holidays. I can hope, anyway. @:-)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 22/06/04 - 4:14 AM Permalink

im a double diamond skier (hardest) but ive only ski'd in victoria aus so unless your headed here i cant really help :( if you are the best mountain is Mt Hotham for sure.

Submitted by Me109 on Tue, 22/06/04 - 7:37 PM Permalink

Cool thx dudes... yeah I think anywhere that has a park and a half pipe gets my winning ticket!
How long are the runs? I've skied France... and you have runs there that go for 30 or so minutes.. not sure if our homegrown slopes are as epic..
cheeers to ya!

Submitted by tbag on Tue, 22/06/04 - 11:01 PM Permalink

Go snowboarding!

Im going to Thredbo with my school for two days on the 28th of July which should be fun, Thredbo is pretty cool, unfortuneatly my friend and i took the most advanced course and we were only new to the sport/game... it took us two hours to get down, around 20 minutes of that was spent looking for my board which i unclipped and later found wedged up the top of a tree (Yes, you heard me. The top of the tree, i had to climb it to get it).

Anyway, Snow is always fun unless of course something goes wrong [:p].

Submitted by souri on Mon, 28/06/04 - 2:36 PM Permalink

I get scared on blue level [:(] I've only been skiing once though, but I've never been more scared in my life. You people who ski above blue level are freaks. [:o)]

Submitted by Me109 on Mon, 28/06/04 - 7:31 PM Permalink

yeah I eat black runs for breakfast... hehe :) nah not really.. but the scarier the better

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 28/06/04 - 8:43 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri

I get scared on blue level [:(] I've only been skiing once though, but I've never been more scared in my life. You people who ski above blue level are freaks. [:o)]

heh heh heh *puts on freak badge*

Posted by Me109 on
Forum

Hey to all of you movers and shakers out there!!

Just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about snowboarding the snowy's???
Which is the best resort to go too .. blue cow.. perisher etc...??

I have no idea since I havent skiied is Aussie yet...

please help if you like the snow and like it powdery!!!

Cheers

Submitted by Brain on Tue, 22/06/04 - 3:59 AM Permalink

Perisher has the half pipe which gets the mad raves, always used for Xtreme Games. Thredbo's good all round. Hoping to get some boarding done myself these holidays. I can hope, anyway. @:-)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 22/06/04 - 4:14 AM Permalink

im a double diamond skier (hardest) but ive only ski'd in victoria aus so unless your headed here i cant really help :( if you are the best mountain is Mt Hotham for sure.

Submitted by Me109 on Tue, 22/06/04 - 7:37 PM Permalink

Cool thx dudes... yeah I think anywhere that has a park and a half pipe gets my winning ticket!
How long are the runs? I've skied France... and you have runs there that go for 30 or so minutes.. not sure if our homegrown slopes are as epic..
cheeers to ya!

Submitted by tbag on Tue, 22/06/04 - 11:01 PM Permalink

Go snowboarding!

Im going to Thredbo with my school for two days on the 28th of July which should be fun, Thredbo is pretty cool, unfortuneatly my friend and i took the most advanced course and we were only new to the sport/game... it took us two hours to get down, around 20 minutes of that was spent looking for my board which i unclipped and later found wedged up the top of a tree (Yes, you heard me. The top of the tree, i had to climb it to get it).

Anyway, Snow is always fun unless of course something goes wrong [:p].

Submitted by souri on Mon, 28/06/04 - 2:36 PM Permalink

Submitted by Me109 on Mon, 28/06/04 - 7:31 PM Permalink

yeah I eat black runs for breakfast... hehe :) nah not really.. but the scarier the better

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 28/06/04 - 8:43 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri

heh heh heh *puts on freak badge*