Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #2 - 3D - Animal

Submitted by animal on

Hi all,

Here's my concept, hope ya like it

[IMG]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/121_concept2final.jpg[/IMG]

It kinda rushed but I wanted to get on to modelling and I'm still just starting to learn digital painting with my tablet.

Submitted by Malus on Mon, 24/03/03 - 6:11 AM Permalink

my god man how do you work like that!! blue background of horror!!
its coming along well, although shes not nude in the concept so why model her without her clothing, seems like alot more work.

Submitted by adie on Mon, 24/03/03 - 9:04 PM Permalink

nice work :) but have to agree with malus! why model what u dont need?
and her torso is too shawt in the model..keep going with it though

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Wed, 26/03/03 - 1:56 PM Permalink

replace that blue background with your concept it will help keep you on track.

nannoo nannoo

Submitted by animal on Sun, 06/04/03 - 1:05 AM Permalink

well my computer/windows stuffed up and had not been working for about a week and a half and i just got it back and working again. Obviously i didn't get time to finish it for the comp, oh well, but i've still got all my files, i have to reinstall all my programs again but once i've done that i'm gunna finish the model for myself. If anyone's interested i'll post it up when i finish but i don't wanna bring up an old thread from an old competition for no reason.
I'll definatly be back for the next one and good luck to everyone who entered

ps. for adie and malus, doesn't matter what art i'm doing (painting, animating or sculpture) i've always just done the body first to get a base to work off, it never occured to me not to. I guess i could save time not doing it in 3d the future but my character was basically a human shape with things like the hat, jacket,gun etc just extruded off so it worked for me this time. Thanks for the idea though, i'll think about it next time i start a model.

Submitted by souri on Sun, 06/04/03 - 1:13 AM Permalink

That's bad luck on the computer situation.. Still definately interested in seeing the final piece of work! Post it in the exhibition section when you're done for all of us to see!..

Posted by animal on

Hi all,

Here's my concept, hope ya like it

[IMG]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/121_concept2final.jpg[/IMG]

It kinda rushed but I wanted to get on to modelling and I'm still just starting to learn digital painting with my tablet.

Submitted by Malus on Mon, 24/03/03 - 6:11 AM Permalink

my god man how do you work like that!! blue background of horror!!
its coming along well, although shes not nude in the concept so why model her without her clothing, seems like alot more work.

Submitted by adie on Mon, 24/03/03 - 9:04 PM Permalink

nice work :) but have to agree with malus! why model what u dont need?
and her torso is too shawt in the model..keep going with it though

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Wed, 26/03/03 - 1:56 PM Permalink

replace that blue background with your concept it will help keep you on track.

nannoo nannoo

Submitted by animal on Sun, 06/04/03 - 1:05 AM Permalink

well my computer/windows stuffed up and had not been working for about a week and a half and i just got it back and working again. Obviously i didn't get time to finish it for the comp, oh well, but i've still got all my files, i have to reinstall all my programs again but once i've done that i'm gunna finish the model for myself. If anyone's interested i'll post it up when i finish but i don't wanna bring up an old thread from an old competition for no reason.
I'll definatly be back for the next one and good luck to everyone who entered

ps. for adie and malus, doesn't matter what art i'm doing (painting, animating or sculpture) i've always just done the body first to get a base to work off, it never occured to me not to. I guess i could save time not doing it in 3d the future but my character was basically a human shape with things like the hat, jacket,gun etc just extruded off so it worked for me this time. Thanks for the idea though, i'll think about it next time i start a model.

Submitted by souri on Sun, 06/04/03 - 1:13 AM Permalink

That's bad luck on the computer situation.. Still definately interested in seeing the final piece of work! Post it in the exhibition section when you're done for all of us to see!..