Skip to main content

Team #2 - Express Interest Here

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Forum

Hey Everyone [:D]

Some of you already know that my business has taken off far better than I thought it would, and we are currently into our first AAA contract with another looming up right behind it.

However I'm looking to start a small hobbyist team as well, to make our first foray into the RPG realms.

To be brief, Think Zelda meets oldschool Final Fantasy.

Yes the genre and style has been done many times, but not by us [;)]
and where looking at it completely from a learning point of view, to get a grasp of the ins and outs of a traditional fantasy style RPG.

We have 1 Sound Tech and 1 2D Artist to throw toward the game, but we are looking for 1 other artist and a programmer to discuss our options regarding libraries and possible engines, and also the game itself [:)]

At this stage it is just a hobby project and all involved would be donating there time, but a royalty type situation is also up for discussion, until we have a bit more moolah to throw toward the project. [8D]

Hopefully theres a few Brisbane based coders / 2D artists out there that wouldnt mind getting together for a chat regarding proceedings [:)] But outsiders are also welcomed [:p]

Contact us here to express interest : info@kalescentstudios.com

Or just write a splash in this thread [:)]

Thanks All!

Submitted by Skribble on Thu, 07/10/04 - 9:20 AM Permalink

man i would luv to join in this so much. But im freaken tied down with 2 other games that will take a good half year or so (damn work). When were u expecting to start this?

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 08/10/04 - 9:23 AM Permalink

Heya Skribble - its already begun! The flash prototype is at about 40% completion and will be up on the website for playing as soon as we get it near completion [:D]

Submitted by souri on Sun, 21/11/04 - 2:33 AM Permalink

Any updates on how this project is going? I know how tough it is to get volunteers for a collaboration going, but the project sounds pretty cool. It's interesting that you're doing a flash prototype - couldn't that itself be turned into the final game and be made for online play?
I've been wanting to do an online flash rpg for years (well, actually more like an online Harvest Moon), but that would seriously take up more time than I already have [:(]

Submitted by Kalescent on Sun, 21/11/04 - 5:42 AM Permalink

Souri : Weve just got the user accounts / save-load games all setup - and are now smoothing out some collision problems, weve just finished adding in the last of the particle effects, just the short flash intro and the dialogue to go and the first little playable demo will be up and running for all to have a stab at, bare in mind that its uber short - basically one little area to run around and fight stuff in and one little town to buy stuff - replenish your health etc etc [:D]

And yeah it will be online play only ( with the flash prototype )

There are however some pretty crazy plans for it..... will see how people like the first little bit!

Submitted by sub on Sun, 24/07/05 - 12:23 PM Permalink

hi.. some ppl have previously called me a 2D spriter & coder.. (so i gave them a whack..) uhh.. what i mean is, i love rpg's and i'd like to help if i may..? what tool u using to develop? ..or is it C+ or sumfink?

Submitted by Kalescent on Sun, 24/07/05 - 1:09 PM Permalink

Hiya Sub - welcome to the forum [:)]

We are using c++ to develop the 'engine' and tools and gale / photoshop for pixelation - If your up for getting gritty let me know and ill send you some more details.

Submitted by sub on Mon, 25/07/05 - 2:14 PM Permalink

i've been making most of my sprites in the basic paint program.. i downloaded that project dogwaffle free gfx tool but.. let's just say i can't really make sense of it.. (is that gritty?)

i use a thing called Game-Maker 6.1 to make games.. used qbasic back in the day but since then little coding exp (although i am not bad with GM)

yeh cool.. wanna add me to msn?
>> flavour_injecter@hotmail.com

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 25/07/05 - 5:36 PM Permalink

Ive also used gamemaker - its a cool little tool, I usually mockup all my game ideas in it [:D]
But its extremely limited in functionality if you really want to get into powerful development, and have long term development goals - tool creation is where its at really.

And Gamemaker pretty much takes that side of things away from you - so its not quite fitting for us in this situation - as mentioned above I do however use it to express my ideas ( albeit very basically )to the programmer [:D]

Posted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Forum

Hey Everyone [:D]

Some of you already know that my business has taken off far better than I thought it would, and we are currently into our first AAA contract with another looming up right behind it.

However I'm looking to start a small hobbyist team as well, to make our first foray into the RPG realms.

To be brief, Think Zelda meets oldschool Final Fantasy.

Yes the genre and style has been done many times, but not by us [;)]
and where looking at it completely from a learning point of view, to get a grasp of the ins and outs of a traditional fantasy style RPG.

We have 1 Sound Tech and 1 2D Artist to throw toward the game, but we are looking for 1 other artist and a programmer to discuss our options regarding libraries and possible engines, and also the game itself [:)]

At this stage it is just a hobby project and all involved would be donating there time, but a royalty type situation is also up for discussion, until we have a bit more moolah to throw toward the project. [8D]

Hopefully theres a few Brisbane based coders / 2D artists out there that wouldnt mind getting together for a chat regarding proceedings [:)] But outsiders are also welcomed [:p]

Contact us here to express interest : info@kalescentstudios.com

Or just write a splash in this thread [:)]

Thanks All!

Submitted by Skribble on Thu, 07/10/04 - 9:20 AM Permalink

man i would luv to join in this so much. But im freaken tied down with 2 other games that will take a good half year or so (damn work). When were u expecting to start this?

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 08/10/04 - 9:23 AM Permalink

Heya Skribble - its already begun! The flash prototype is at about 40% completion and will be up on the website for playing as soon as we get it near completion [:D]

Submitted by souri on Sun, 21/11/04 - 2:33 AM Permalink

Any updates on how this project is going? I know how tough it is to get volunteers for a collaboration going, but the project sounds pretty cool. It's interesting that you're doing a flash prototype - couldn't that itself be turned into the final game and be made for online play?
I've been wanting to do an online flash rpg for years (well, actually more like an online Harvest Moon), but that would seriously take up more time than I already have [:(]

Submitted by Kalescent on Sun, 21/11/04 - 5:42 AM Permalink

Souri : Weve just got the user accounts / save-load games all setup - and are now smoothing out some collision problems, weve just finished adding in the last of the particle effects, just the short flash intro and the dialogue to go and the first little playable demo will be up and running for all to have a stab at, bare in mind that its uber short - basically one little area to run around and fight stuff in and one little town to buy stuff - replenish your health etc etc [:D]

And yeah it will be online play only ( with the flash prototype )

There are however some pretty crazy plans for it..... will see how people like the first little bit!

Submitted by sub on Sun, 24/07/05 - 12:23 PM Permalink

hi.. some ppl have previously called me a 2D spriter & coder.. (so i gave them a whack..) uhh.. what i mean is, i love rpg's and i'd like to help if i may..? what tool u using to develop? ..or is it C+ or sumfink?

Submitted by Kalescent on Sun, 24/07/05 - 1:09 PM Permalink

Hiya Sub - welcome to the forum [:)]

We are using c++ to develop the 'engine' and tools and gale / photoshop for pixelation - If your up for getting gritty let me know and ill send you some more details.

Submitted by sub on Mon, 25/07/05 - 2:14 PM Permalink

i've been making most of my sprites in the basic paint program.. i downloaded that project dogwaffle free gfx tool but.. let's just say i can't really make sense of it.. (is that gritty?)

i use a thing called Game-Maker 6.1 to make games.. used qbasic back in the day but since then little coding exp (although i am not bad with GM)

yeh cool.. wanna add me to msn?
>> flavour_injecter@hotmail.com

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 25/07/05 - 5:36 PM Permalink

Ive also used gamemaker - its a cool little tool, I usually mockup all my game ideas in it [:D]
But its extremely limited in functionality if you really want to get into powerful development, and have long term development goals - tool creation is where its at really.

And Gamemaker pretty much takes that side of things away from you - so its not quite fitting for us in this situation - as mentioned above I do however use it to express my ideas ( albeit very basically )to the programmer [:D]