Skip to main content

dwarfy low poly

Submitted by Farmer on

Hey guys,

Thought id put up some WIP 3d low poly stuff for crit etc, just a head (and body) of a dwarf that ive been doing a bit in here and there last week out of boredom :) . What you see is about 800 polys and 1 512 diffuse, all crit welcome, post the rest whenever i get around to finishing it.

[IMG]http://img247.echo.cx/img247/6953/faceweb6av.jpg[/IMG]

Submitted by J I Styles on Wed, 20/04/05 - 8:00 PM Permalink

looks good, one of the finest game res moustaches I've seen to date [:)]
I've got a few tips and suggestions:
-his beard could do with a little more alpha stripping on it's 3/4 silhouette, and a little more shaping to the ear
-He's suffering from butterfly patterns across the mirrored seams in the texture - detail tonal change horizontally on seams, and try and give yourself an extra poly margin on the dominant side of the seam uv's so you can eliminate noticable mirroring with minimal extra uv space.
-saturate the dark areas in the skin tones a bit more to give the skin a bit more of a translucent fleshy feel. This should eliminate the "powdered cheeks" look you get from dark lighting shadowing light textured areas. (eg, tip of the nose, cheek puffs, etc)

anyways, there's a few things to think about -- he's looking good, I'd like to see him pushed that little bit further [:)]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 20/04/05 - 11:57 PM Permalink

thats really cool, the face has a lot of character to it. The point where the beard meets on the seam in the center is a bit off atm though, as Joel said the texture but also it sorta becomes a blocky shape very sharply where it juts out. keep it up!

Submitted by Farmer on Fri, 22/04/05 - 3:28 AM Permalink

Thanks for the feedback guys much appreciated :)

Ill touch his head up soon n post the changes, thanks.

Submitted by Makk on Fri, 22/04/05 - 7:07 AM Permalink

Nice! I like the little pores and wrinkles on him.
Add a touch of red to the nose to top it off.....or not!

Either way I like it :)

Submitted by denz on Fri, 22/04/05 - 7:39 AM Permalink

very cool. nice skin tones. :)

Posted by Farmer on

Hey guys,

Thought id put up some WIP 3d low poly stuff for crit etc, just a head (and body) of a dwarf that ive been doing a bit in here and there last week out of boredom :) . What you see is about 800 polys and 1 512 diffuse, all crit welcome, post the rest whenever i get around to finishing it.

[IMG]http://img247.echo.cx/img247/6953/faceweb6av.jpg[/IMG]

Submitted by J I Styles on Wed, 20/04/05 - 8:00 PM Permalink

looks good, one of the finest game res moustaches I've seen to date [:)]
I've got a few tips and suggestions:
-his beard could do with a little more alpha stripping on it's 3/4 silhouette, and a little more shaping to the ear
-He's suffering from butterfly patterns across the mirrored seams in the texture - detail tonal change horizontally on seams, and try and give yourself an extra poly margin on the dominant side of the seam uv's so you can eliminate noticable mirroring with minimal extra uv space.
-saturate the dark areas in the skin tones a bit more to give the skin a bit more of a translucent fleshy feel. This should eliminate the "powdered cheeks" look you get from dark lighting shadowing light textured areas. (eg, tip of the nose, cheek puffs, etc)

anyways, there's a few things to think about -- he's looking good, I'd like to see him pushed that little bit further [:)]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 20/04/05 - 11:57 PM Permalink

thats really cool, the face has a lot of character to it. The point where the beard meets on the seam in the center is a bit off atm though, as Joel said the texture but also it sorta becomes a blocky shape very sharply where it juts out. keep it up!

Submitted by Farmer on Fri, 22/04/05 - 3:28 AM Permalink

Thanks for the feedback guys much appreciated :)

Ill touch his head up soon n post the changes, thanks.

Submitted by Makk on Fri, 22/04/05 - 7:07 AM Permalink

Nice! I like the little pores and wrinkles on him.
Add a touch of red to the nose to top it off.....or not!

Either way I like it :)

Submitted by denz on Fri, 22/04/05 - 7:39 AM Permalink

very cool. nice skin tones. :)