Skip to main content

Fake Nintendo promo video clip

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

There's a fake Nintendo Revolution promotion video clip doing the rounds at the moment, and having seen it, I have to say, it's one very creative video! The bits that most impressed me were flying around the millions of Mario 64 castle's which all formed something else when the camera flew out. Damn nice. Also at the end is a really nice looking updated castle with Mario running out.
[url="http://onefed.com/media/NintendoON.wmv"]Definately worth checking out[/url].

Submitted by ScORCHo on Tue, 17/05/05 - 7:14 PM Permalink

Man i hate cable! i miss the days when everyone had dialup...and as a result ppl posted links to small things.

*edit* aww im sorry cable, how could i be mad at you? For i have enjoyed you in the past. One day i shall enjoy your exquisite internet speedness again.....one day.

Submitted by Jason on Tue, 17/05/05 - 7:33 PM Permalink

OMG

With this going around the net it's definitely going to raise expectations, which I'm afraid, Nintendo probably wont meet...

But damn that is cool.

Submitted by AntsZ on Tue, 17/05/05 - 9:12 PM Permalink

thats a damn pretty good fake clip, it looked like someone had too much time on thier hands it definitely looks professional.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 18/05/05 - 5:29 AM Permalink

i saw that before and wow it had me convinced, a lot of time went into that clip for a fake :o i was wondering how they were going to pull off game enviroments that you can walk around inside your bedroom.

Submitted by LiveWire on Wed, 18/05/05 - 8:52 AM Permalink

wow, looks great, very well done - at least until the 'gameplay' fotage. the terrible animation and dodgy samus design give it away i think.

Submitted by souri on Wed, 18/05/05 - 8:17 PM Permalink

Oh boy. The details from Nintendo's press conference is a bit underwhelming. Sure, they're not aiming to compete hardware wise in the next-gen race, but reselling old games for the new machine shouldn't be a major selling point for the console itself. :/ No details on the revolutionary aspect of the console yet (it's expected to involve the input controller), but I hope this isn't [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2911"]another in Nintendo's list of mistakes[/url]. I'm not sure if a slimmer GBA is what the fans want either. It's worrying that the fake clip got me more excited than recent Nintendo news...

Submitted by souri on Fri, 03/06/05 - 9:54 PM Permalink

Hey, you know it's funny to read back on what you've written in the height of all that excitement that was E3. I take back what I wrote in that post about Nintendo. I'm glad they're not in the hardware race and that they're approaching things differently. In any case, the hardware specs of the Nintendo Revolution aren't that bad at all (4 or 5 times the power of the Gamecube, wasn't it?). That should be able to do some really cool things.

I hope they do another game in the style of Wind Waker. That game looked amazing.

Submitted by Jason on Fri, 03/06/05 - 10:32 PM Permalink

I read that the "2 or 3 times the power of the Gamecube" was just speculation. Got it from here:

http://cube.ign.com/articles/522/522559p2.html

The power of the revolution could be anything. Just gotta wait and see. (like with everything else about the Rev)

Submitted by LiveWire on Sat, 04/06/05 - 12:21 AM Permalink

E3 summery:

microsoft over-hypes it all
sony bullshits it all
nintendo conceals it all

what exactly did we get out of it?

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 05/06/05 - 5:47 AM Permalink

HORRAY! when i heared the news at E3 that nintendo was making it's prevoious titles available for download i thought: "sounds good, but i'm not paying any more than $5 do download a NES game" though i didnt consider that likly since they are charging $30 for NES to GBA re-releases.

free???? awsome. what's more, though the revolution will use wireless controllers, there are ports for gamecube controllers, so there shouldn't be any trouble playing older games on a weird new controller.

Submitted by mcdrewski on Wed, 08/06/05 - 8:29 PM Permalink

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000830045939/

And the google japanese -> english translationish thing...

http://tinyurl.com/7r25r

quote:
As for the virtual console when it is free, the rumor which does not have basis with the net is flowing, but there is no schedule which is transmited simply. When the new work is bought, it can download when, as benefit with consistency of campaign it can download with period limitation when, you think there is various application methods. Using past property, we would like to take the shape where the profit is produced to Nintendo Co. and to the software manufacturer the #65379;

Anyone speak Japanese and want to do a bit better translation? :)

Submitted by souri on Thu, 09/06/05 - 5:04 PM Permalink

From what I've read on gamesites, it means that downloads won't be free, but will come as extras or bonuses with purchased games.

Submitted by souri on Thu, 07/07/05 - 3:59 AM Permalink

1up has an interview with the guy who created the fake Nintendo clip. [url="http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3141783"]Interesting[/url] [:)] He was working on some real cool stuff for it but suffered a HD crash.

"ut why spend all that time to create something so elaborately fake? The answer is surprisingly simple: attention. He wanted an outlet to prove his talents to the rest of the world, and the upcoming Revolution announcement offered the perfect opportunity."

Posted by souri on
Forum

There's a fake Nintendo Revolution promotion video clip doing the rounds at the moment, and having seen it, I have to say, it's one very creative video! The bits that most impressed me were flying around the millions of Mario 64 castle's which all formed something else when the camera flew out. Damn nice. Also at the end is a really nice looking updated castle with Mario running out.
[url="http://onefed.com/media/NintendoON.wmv"]Definately worth checking out[/url].

Submitted by ScORCHo on Tue, 17/05/05 - 7:14 PM Permalink

Man i hate cable! i miss the days when everyone had dialup...and as a result ppl posted links to small things.

*edit* aww im sorry cable, how could i be mad at you? For i have enjoyed you in the past. One day i shall enjoy your exquisite internet speedness again.....one day.

Submitted by Jason on Tue, 17/05/05 - 7:33 PM Permalink

OMG

With this going around the net it's definitely going to raise expectations, which I'm afraid, Nintendo probably wont meet...

But damn that is cool.

Submitted by AntsZ on Tue, 17/05/05 - 9:12 PM Permalink

thats a damn pretty good fake clip, it looked like someone had too much time on thier hands it definitely looks professional.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 18/05/05 - 5:29 AM Permalink

i saw that before and wow it had me convinced, a lot of time went into that clip for a fake :o i was wondering how they were going to pull off game enviroments that you can walk around inside your bedroom.

Submitted by LiveWire on Wed, 18/05/05 - 8:52 AM Permalink

wow, looks great, very well done - at least until the 'gameplay' fotage. the terrible animation and dodgy samus design give it away i think.

Submitted by souri on Wed, 18/05/05 - 8:17 PM Permalink

Oh boy. The details from Nintendo's press conference is a bit underwhelming. Sure, they're not aiming to compete hardware wise in the next-gen race, but reselling old games for the new machine shouldn't be a major selling point for the console itself. :/ No details on the revolutionary aspect of the console yet (it's expected to involve the input controller), but I hope this isn't [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2911"]another in Nintendo's list of mistakes[/url]. I'm not sure if a slimmer GBA is what the fans want either. It's worrying that the fake clip got me more excited than recent Nintendo news...

Submitted by souri on Fri, 03/06/05 - 9:54 PM Permalink

Hey, you know it's funny to read back on what you've written in the height of all that excitement that was E3. I take back what I wrote in that post about Nintendo. I'm glad they're not in the hardware race and that they're approaching things differently. In any case, the hardware specs of the Nintendo Revolution aren't that bad at all (4 or 5 times the power of the Gamecube, wasn't it?). That should be able to do some really cool things.

I hope they do another game in the style of Wind Waker. That game looked amazing.

Submitted by Jason on Fri, 03/06/05 - 10:32 PM Permalink

I read that the "2 or 3 times the power of the Gamecube" was just speculation. Got it from here:

http://cube.ign.com/articles/522/522559p2.html

The power of the revolution could be anything. Just gotta wait and see. (like with everything else about the Rev)

Submitted by LiveWire on Sat, 04/06/05 - 12:21 AM Permalink

E3 summery:

microsoft over-hypes it all
sony bullshits it all
nintendo conceals it all

what exactly did we get out of it?

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 05/06/05 - 5:47 AM Permalink

HORRAY! when i heared the news at E3 that nintendo was making it's prevoious titles available for download i thought: "sounds good, but i'm not paying any more than $5 do download a NES game" though i didnt consider that likly since they are charging $30 for NES to GBA re-releases.

free???? awsome. what's more, though the revolution will use wireless controllers, there are ports for gamecube controllers, so there shouldn't be any trouble playing older games on a weird new controller.

Submitted by mcdrewski on Wed, 08/06/05 - 8:29 PM Permalink

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000830045939/

And the google japanese -> english translationish thing...

http://tinyurl.com/7r25r

quote:
As for the virtual console when it is free, the rumor which does not have basis with the net is flowing, but there is no schedule which is transmited simply. When the new work is bought, it can download when, as benefit with consistency of campaign it can download with period limitation when, you think there is various application methods. Using past property, we would like to take the shape where the profit is produced to Nintendo Co. and to the software manufacturer the #65379;

Anyone speak Japanese and want to do a bit better translation? :)

Submitted by souri on Thu, 09/06/05 - 5:04 PM Permalink

From what I've read on gamesites, it means that downloads won't be free, but will come as extras or bonuses with purchased games.

Submitted by souri on Thu, 07/07/05 - 3:59 AM Permalink

1up has an interview with the guy who created the fake Nintendo clip. [url="http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3141783"]Interesting[/url] [:)] He was working on some real cool stuff for it but suffered a HD crash.

"ut why spend all that time to create something so elaborately fake? The answer is surprisingly simple: attention. He wanted an outlet to prove his talents to the rest of the world, and the upcoming Revolution announcement offered the perfect opportunity."