Skip to main content

Swamp Creature

Submitted by Groady on

Ok so not specifically game related. Still work in progress. Painter + Photoshop.

[img]http://www.graphicscenes.com/Swamp17.jpg[/img]

Submitted by Brain on Thu, 17/02/05 - 6:48 AM Permalink

That's lookin' great Groady! Only thing I'll point out is that the mid-ground and background are blending together instead of being separate. The first lot of trees behind your lil guy look almost on the same plane as he is. Either 'cooling' down the trees (adding blue) or warming up him and the outcrop he's on. Great stuff though. Looking forward to it out of WIP @:-)

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Thu, 17/02/05 - 7:39 AM Permalink

Thats awesome work you have there Groady. I especially litle the little dudes face :) Also the blood red of the water is appealing to me.

It is all very well done!

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 17/02/05 - 11:44 AM Permalink

"blood red is appealing to me"

[:O]

Nice work groady!

I really like the little guy - although im not sure whether hes watching what hes up to or staring off into the distance. I really like the atmosphere you have going on in the picture!.

I notice the same thing ( even moreso ) with your piccy there 3DArty - he seems to not really be focussed on fishing at all but gazing off into the distance.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 18/02/05 - 7:00 AM Permalink

There definately should be some red reflected off onto the ground around the lake and also the character's feet as well, I reckon.

Submitted by Groady on Sat, 19/02/05 - 11:07 PM Permalink

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm getting close to finishing this. Been adding more detail and texture to the trees and character. I've also added light rays and added more definition to the bank on the right. Still need to tighten some things up but generally I'm quite happy with this.

[img]http://www.graphicscenes.com/Swamp27.jpg[/img]

Submitted by WiffleCube on Mon, 21/02/05 - 10:54 PM Permalink

Is it just me, or does that character remind you of Malus?
[:p]

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Mon, 21/02/05 - 11:09 PM Permalink

quote:Is it just me, or does that character remind you of Malus?

Hehe! It sorts does 'aye [:D]
No offence intended though Dean!

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 22/02/05 - 2:01 AM Permalink

Holy Crap! [:O]

I'ts out now man - no more masquerade, They know your a little green monster!

Submitted by Malus on Tue, 22/02/05 - 7:42 AM Permalink

My disguise... nooooooo.....

Its only because I'm green...JJJEEEEEZZZ!!

Posted by Groady on

Ok so not specifically game related. Still work in progress. Painter + Photoshop.

[img]http://www.graphicscenes.com/Swamp17.jpg[/img]

Submitted by Brain on Thu, 17/02/05 - 6:48 AM Permalink

That's lookin' great Groady! Only thing I'll point out is that the mid-ground and background are blending together instead of being separate. The first lot of trees behind your lil guy look almost on the same plane as he is. Either 'cooling' down the trees (adding blue) or warming up him and the outcrop he's on. Great stuff though. Looking forward to it out of WIP @:-)

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Thu, 17/02/05 - 7:39 AM Permalink

Thats awesome work you have there Groady. I especially litle the little dudes face :) Also the blood red of the water is appealing to me.

It is all very well done!

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 17/02/05 - 11:44 AM Permalink

"blood red is appealing to me"

[:O]

Nice work groady!

I really like the little guy - although im not sure whether hes watching what hes up to or staring off into the distance. I really like the atmosphere you have going on in the picture!.

I notice the same thing ( even moreso ) with your piccy there 3DArty - he seems to not really be focussed on fishing at all but gazing off into the distance.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 18/02/05 - 7:00 AM Permalink

There definately should be some red reflected off onto the ground around the lake and also the character's feet as well, I reckon.

Submitted by Groady on Sat, 19/02/05 - 11:07 PM Permalink

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm getting close to finishing this. Been adding more detail and texture to the trees and character. I've also added light rays and added more definition to the bank on the right. Still need to tighten some things up but generally I'm quite happy with this.

[img]http://www.graphicscenes.com/Swamp27.jpg[/img]

Submitted by WiffleCube on Mon, 21/02/05 - 10:54 PM Permalink

Is it just me, or does that character remind you of Malus?
[:p]

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Mon, 21/02/05 - 11:09 PM Permalink

quote:Is it just me, or does that character remind you of Malus?

Hehe! It sorts does 'aye [:D]
No offence intended though Dean!

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 22/02/05 - 2:01 AM Permalink

Holy Crap! [:O]

I'ts out now man - no more masquerade, They know your a little green monster!

Submitted by Malus on Tue, 22/02/05 - 7:42 AM Permalink

My disguise... nooooooo.....

Its only because I'm green...JJJEEEEEZZZ!!