Skip to main content

lady red and her ride (WIP)

Submitted by Makk on

ok, here we go. Starting a WIP thread for my latest model so I can get some good crits along the way.
She is going to be a asian warrior that travelles the land on the back of her beast. Here is the the quick concept-
[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rowanfamily/lady_concept.jpg[/img]
I initally started rendering the face and plained to go out and render the rest as best as I could, but I relliesed that it would be a waste of time since I was just using it a guide for how I wanted it to look, so I just rendered the rest quickly.
Anyway, she is going to have a some sort of beast to ride upon, but Im yet to concept that.

Here is where Im at with the model-
[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rowanfamily/lady_wip_01.jpg[/img]
Things to note-
*the head isnt attached to the body yet
*Im modelling the entire body first then modelling the clothes seperatily
*Yet to work on her ass(!) so its a little undefined at the moment
*No ploycount in mind, though Im aiming fairly high so I have been quite liberal with my use of polies.
*2 1024 diffuse texture maps for her

The sword has been modelled and I'll upload pics of the later
All crits are welcome :)

Submitted by Lechy on Thu, 15/09/05 - 8:03 AM Permalink

I think it would be a good idea to keep an eye on those arms, the forearms are already looking a tiny bit too short. Everything else other than the unfinished ass looks good :)

Submitted by denz on Thu, 15/09/05 - 7:24 PM Permalink

cool mate :) i like beast rider combos.

coming along nicely, face looks great.

any idea at all wat the beast will be?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 16/09/05 - 2:09 AM Permalink

looking good so far, good luck with the project!

Submitted by J I Styles on Mon, 19/09/05 - 7:39 AM Permalink

good progress so far, a few quick pointers:

-Eyes may be a little too far apart
-Her face has a bit too much round padding in depth - pull back her eye-socket ridge a little, and recede it depth-ways to conform to the shape of the skull; as it is, she has no peripheral vision... if you grab some anatomical cut-aways, you may be surprised by how huge eyeballs are when sitting inside the skull; once you have a good understanding of how they sit in there, you'll see what I mean about the ridge, and how the bone allows the surface to form around them comfortably.

anyways, something to keep in mind, looking good, keep updating [:)]

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 21/09/05 - 9:22 AM Permalink

Havent had much of a chance to work on this much, so all I have really done is tweak the face, extend the forerms and giver her some buttcheeks.

Lechy, I lengthed the forearms, thanks

Dez, thanks man :) Yeah I like best rider combos too. The beast will probably be some sort of large lizard creature, though I toyed with the idea of it being a large flying creature.

Thanks moony :)

JI yeah, I might tweak the eyes abit further. Im going for an asian face, so her eye socket area is fairly flat on purpose.

Submitted by Makk on Sun, 25/09/05 - 1:19 AM Permalink

update-
[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rowanfamily/lady_wip_02.jpg[/img]
Basic body is pretty much finished. Just gotta do the feet area and add some cloth to the forearms.
I brought the eye socket area forward a bit more as the bridge of the nose looked it might be blocking part of eye sight. Was that what you meant JI? I dont quite understand what you meant! [B)]

Submitted by J I Styles on Sun, 25/09/05 - 3:18 AM Permalink

Here ya go, I'll share a good resource that might help you:
http://forum.japantoday.com/m_116851/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

that's my number one favourite site of referance pics for asian female ref -- 277+ forum pages of asian idol photos.

You've improved the bridge, but you'll notice that there's a difference in the brow formation in the stereotypical asian woman, which has a slightly rounder bulging of fat and then the optional double eyelid which is the cliche "pretty asian girl face" attribute. With this formation though, it doesn't round out the peripheral vision, it just adds over it. Hope that helps, I'm sure you'll figure it out if you study the eye area... less important is the eye shape, more important is how the eye sits within the formation of the skin/fat fold of the brow.

Anyways! good job, keep going :D

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 26/09/05 - 4:22 AM Permalink

looking good! i was gonna crit about tiny feet but then remembered; asian woman, gotcha :P

Submitted by Jacana on Mon, 26/09/05 - 6:20 PM Permalink

Maybe to late to make a few comments -

It looks that her waist is very high compared to the location of her groin area. She is also very straight on top with quite wide hips. If her hips were that wide she would have a more noticable waist line. Also, her hips start high and they curve down quite low into her upper thighs and really don't start to taper off until almost her knee.

The body type you have given here would easily be a size 12 - 14 in fashion (which while not fat, is a lot bigger then 90% of asian women).

Posted by Makk on

ok, here we go. Starting a WIP thread for my latest model so I can get some good crits along the way.
She is going to be a asian warrior that travelles the land on the back of her beast. Here is the the quick concept-
[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rowanfamily/lady_concept.jpg[/img]
I initally started rendering the face and plained to go out and render the rest as best as I could, but I relliesed that it would be a waste of time since I was just using it a guide for how I wanted it to look, so I just rendered the rest quickly.
Anyway, she is going to have a some sort of beast to ride upon, but Im yet to concept that.

Here is where Im at with the model-
[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rowanfamily/lady_wip_01.jpg[/img]
Things to note-
*the head isnt attached to the body yet
*Im modelling the entire body first then modelling the clothes seperatily
*Yet to work on her ass(!) so its a little undefined at the moment
*No ploycount in mind, though Im aiming fairly high so I have been quite liberal with my use of polies.
*2 1024 diffuse texture maps for her

The sword has been modelled and I'll upload pics of the later
All crits are welcome :)

Submitted by Lechy on Thu, 15/09/05 - 8:03 AM Permalink

I think it would be a good idea to keep an eye on those arms, the forearms are already looking a tiny bit too short. Everything else other than the unfinished ass looks good :)

Submitted by denz on Thu, 15/09/05 - 7:24 PM Permalink

cool mate :) i like beast rider combos.

coming along nicely, face looks great.

any idea at all wat the beast will be?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 16/09/05 - 2:09 AM Permalink

looking good so far, good luck with the project!

Submitted by J I Styles on Mon, 19/09/05 - 7:39 AM Permalink

good progress so far, a few quick pointers:

-Eyes may be a little too far apart
-Her face has a bit too much round padding in depth - pull back her eye-socket ridge a little, and recede it depth-ways to conform to the shape of the skull; as it is, she has no peripheral vision... if you grab some anatomical cut-aways, you may be surprised by how huge eyeballs are when sitting inside the skull; once you have a good understanding of how they sit in there, you'll see what I mean about the ridge, and how the bone allows the surface to form around them comfortably.

anyways, something to keep in mind, looking good, keep updating [:)]

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 21/09/05 - 9:22 AM Permalink

Havent had much of a chance to work on this much, so all I have really done is tweak the face, extend the forerms and giver her some buttcheeks.

Lechy, I lengthed the forearms, thanks

Dez, thanks man :) Yeah I like best rider combos too. The beast will probably be some sort of large lizard creature, though I toyed with the idea of it being a large flying creature.

Thanks moony :)

JI yeah, I might tweak the eyes abit further. Im going for an asian face, so her eye socket area is fairly flat on purpose.

Submitted by Makk on Sun, 25/09/05 - 1:19 AM Permalink

update-
[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rowanfamily/lady_wip_02.jpg[/img]
Basic body is pretty much finished. Just gotta do the feet area and add some cloth to the forearms.
I brought the eye socket area forward a bit more as the bridge of the nose looked it might be blocking part of eye sight. Was that what you meant JI? I dont quite understand what you meant! [B)]

Submitted by J I Styles on Sun, 25/09/05 - 3:18 AM Permalink

Here ya go, I'll share a good resource that might help you:
http://forum.japantoday.com/m_116851/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

that's my number one favourite site of referance pics for asian female ref -- 277+ forum pages of asian idol photos.

You've improved the bridge, but you'll notice that there's a difference in the brow formation in the stereotypical asian woman, which has a slightly rounder bulging of fat and then the optional double eyelid which is the cliche "pretty asian girl face" attribute. With this formation though, it doesn't round out the peripheral vision, it just adds over it. Hope that helps, I'm sure you'll figure it out if you study the eye area... less important is the eye shape, more important is how the eye sits within the formation of the skin/fat fold of the brow.

Anyways! good job, keep going :D

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 26/09/05 - 4:22 AM Permalink

looking good! i was gonna crit about tiny feet but then remembered; asian woman, gotcha :P

Submitted by Jacana on Mon, 26/09/05 - 6:20 PM Permalink

Maybe to late to make a few comments -

It looks that her waist is very high compared to the location of her groin area. She is also very straight on top with quite wide hips. If her hips were that wide she would have a more noticable waist line. Also, her hips start high and they curve down quite low into her upper thighs and really don't start to taper off until almost her knee.

The body type you have given here would easily be a size 12 - 14 in fashion (which while not fat, is a lot bigger then 90% of asian women).