Skip to main content

QA Work in Melbourne?

Submitted by Venkman90 on

Think I posted this in the wrong section...Creative Talent is a push, in fact with 7 years in Corporate Account Management and PM work I would probably be best suited trying to get a role as a Producer...however Im not so sure about that.

What I am sure about is the fact I have a passion to work in the industry that has fed my gaming habit for the past 20 years, from the tender Spectrum 48k through to the Intravenous WoW injections. And as I have read a fair bit on the subject I think that as a sprightly young thing (26...) then some QA work might be a good way to get experience.

I have a fairly good understanding of the role and what is required, I know I would be playing games to break them and possibly playing a game I hated for months. My communication skills are excellent and this is the reason I feel I would suited to the role, my cartoonish doodles are never going to get me an Artist position after all.

I know of a few QA's in England (my home country I may add) who have advanced in the role and are very happy, although they do work at Lionhead so that might be why.

So if there is any of this kind of work in Melbourne at the moment: stevewhitelegg@gmail.com or let me know if you know of anywhere :)

Posted by Venkman90 on

Think I posted this in the wrong section...Creative Talent is a push, in fact with 7 years in Corporate Account Management and PM work I would probably be best suited trying to get a role as a Producer...however Im not so sure about that.

What I am sure about is the fact I have a passion to work in the industry that has fed my gaming habit for the past 20 years, from the tender Spectrum 48k through to the Intravenous WoW injections. And as I have read a fair bit on the subject I think that as a sprightly young thing (26...) then some QA work might be a good way to get experience.

I have a fairly good understanding of the role and what is required, I know I would be playing games to break them and possibly playing a game I hated for months. My communication skills are excellent and this is the reason I feel I would suited to the role, my cartoonish doodles are never going to get me an Artist position after all.

I know of a few QA's in England (my home country I may add) who have advanced in the role and are very happy, although they do work at Lionhead so that might be why.

So if there is any of this kind of work in Melbourne at the moment: stevewhitelegg@gmail.com or let me know if you know of anywhere :)