Skip to main content

Movin ta Mellie

Forum

Well, on Good Friday I'm moving to Melbourne to start a new gig, and apart from a rather brief tour of Carlton, being blinded by a gail of dust and freezing my ass of in a windy rain shower last week I am still relatively ignorant of the place and all the wonderful activities to be had there.

So, if any of you guys can think of anything cool for me to see and do down there that would indeed be well fit.

thaannkyu

Submitted by mcdrewski on Thu, 13/04/06 - 10:08 PM Permalink

[url="http://www.rhcl.com.au"]Richmond Hill cafe and larder[/url] on bridge road richmond has the best cheese room ever.

If you're into food, you're going to the right place :)

Submitted by Jackydablunt on Fri, 14/04/06 - 1:44 AM Permalink

that I do man, yeah, are there any cool Indian places around that you know of?

Submitted by lorien on Fri, 14/04/06 - 1:48 AM Permalink

It's Chinese rather than Indian, but you HAVE to go to the Supper Inn in Chinatown (Celestial ave). Decor wise it's a dive, food wise it's bloody amazing. It's also sanely priced. You often have to queue to get a table.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 14/04/06 - 2:01 PM Permalink

We went to a Chinese restaurant one night when I was down there for the first Free Play. Can't remember what the place was called, but it's in that area where a lot of Chinese restaurants are. The service was really shocking [:D] We couldn't even get the notice of any of the waiters/waitresses the whole night, and the place wasn't even that busy. Food was nice though [:)]

Submitted by CombatWombat on Fri, 14/04/06 - 7:21 PM Permalink

If you're after good indian food, I recommend a place called "Bollywood on the park" which is in Box Hill South (~15Km east of the city). Plus if you're in Carlton, you owe it to youself to go try a pizza at Papa Gino's in Lygon St :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 17/04/06 - 9:46 PM Permalink

Lygon street is the place to go for italian, just walk up and down the street and 10 odd people will try to coax you into their restaraunts :P good ice cream around there too

Forum

Well, on Good Friday I'm moving to Melbourne to start a new gig, and apart from a rather brief tour of Carlton, being blinded by a gail of dust and freezing my ass of in a windy rain shower last week I am still relatively ignorant of the place and all the wonderful activities to be had there.

So, if any of you guys can think of anything cool for me to see and do down there that would indeed be well fit.

thaannkyu

Submitted by mcdrewski on Thu, 13/04/06 - 10:08 PM Permalink

[url="http://www.rhcl.com.au"]Richmond Hill cafe and larder[/url] on bridge road richmond has the best cheese room ever.

If you're into food, you're going to the right place :)

Submitted by Jackydablunt on Fri, 14/04/06 - 1:44 AM Permalink

that I do man, yeah, are there any cool Indian places around that you know of?

Submitted by lorien on Fri, 14/04/06 - 1:48 AM Permalink

It's Chinese rather than Indian, but you HAVE to go to the Supper Inn in Chinatown (Celestial ave). Decor wise it's a dive, food wise it's bloody amazing. It's also sanely priced. You often have to queue to get a table.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 14/04/06 - 2:01 PM Permalink

We went to a Chinese restaurant one night when I was down there for the first Free Play. Can't remember what the place was called, but it's in that area where a lot of Chinese restaurants are. The service was really shocking [:D] We couldn't even get the notice of any of the waiters/waitresses the whole night, and the place wasn't even that busy. Food was nice though [:)]

Submitted by CombatWombat on Fri, 14/04/06 - 7:21 PM Permalink

If you're after good indian food, I recommend a place called "Bollywood on the park" which is in Box Hill South (~15Km east of the city). Plus if you're in Carlton, you owe it to youself to go try a pizza at Papa Gino's in Lygon St :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 17/04/06 - 9:46 PM Permalink

Lygon street is the place to go for italian, just walk up and down the street and 10 odd people will try to coax you into their restaraunts :P good ice cream around there too