Skip to main content

Anyone playing TF2?

Submitted by Kris on
Forum

Hey folks,

This could also belong in the Design section but as it's not specific to designers, I'm wondering if anyone here is playing TF2?

I've been working on a level for the past 2 months or so and so far I've only managed one playtest. That was overseas with some folks I played with regularly. I'm back in Aus now and I don't really have a base group of players to draw from, so I'm trying to find some new ones that might be interested in play testing.

I plan to hire out a GameArena server for a month, but before I do that I'd like to make sure I can find roughly 12 folks. So far, I've found 2 :) So if you're interested, please let me know!

Cheers
Kris

Submitted by souri on Sat, 12/04/08 - 4:48 PM Permalink

How much does TF2 cost on Steam? I saw the Orange Box at EB Games for $100 but decided to pass on that. Got any pics to share? :)

Submitted by Kris on Sun, 13/04/08 - 4:25 PM Permalink

It's $49.95 USD on Steam, and TF2 alone is $29.95 USD. I just bought Bioshock at these rates, even with my country listed as Australia. Though my account was created whilst I was in Canada, so I'm not sure if the prices would be listed the same if someone created their account here.

No pics yet :) I might post a couple soon, but visually it's very basic. I want to nail the gameplay before I work on detail and publicising it too much. But I might have to post a couple to build some interest in playing it too! ;)

Submitted by Kris on Sat, 19/04/08 - 11:08 AM Permalink

Excellent!

I'm looking to put a short video together over the next couple of weeks to build up some hype, would be great if that could be posted when done, cheers!

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 10/06/08 - 10:51 AM Permalink

Reviving an old thread here... but I'm a rather agressive medic in tf2. Lots of people at work are playing it every day :)

Submitted by souri on Tue, 10/06/08 - 5:18 PM Permalink

It seems that if you allow anon. postings in the cms, they apply to everywhere the comment system is being used, including news items and forum.

Posted by Kris on
Forum

Hey folks,

This could also belong in the Design section but as it's not specific to designers, I'm wondering if anyone here is playing TF2?

I've been working on a level for the past 2 months or so and so far I've only managed one playtest. That was overseas with some folks I played with regularly. I'm back in Aus now and I don't really have a base group of players to draw from, so I'm trying to find some new ones that might be interested in play testing.

I plan to hire out a GameArena server for a month, but before I do that I'd like to make sure I can find roughly 12 folks. So far, I've found 2 :) So if you're interested, please let me know!

Cheers
Kris

Submitted by souri on Sat, 12/04/08 - 4:48 PM Permalink

How much does TF2 cost on Steam? I saw the Orange Box at EB Games for $100 but decided to pass on that. Got any pics to share? :)

Submitted by Kris on Sun, 13/04/08 - 4:25 PM Permalink

It's $49.95 USD on Steam, and TF2 alone is $29.95 USD. I just bought Bioshock at these rates, even with my country listed as Australia. Though my account was created whilst I was in Canada, so I'm not sure if the prices would be listed the same if someone created their account here.

No pics yet :) I might post a couple soon, but visually it's very basic. I want to nail the gameplay before I work on detail and publicising it too much. But I might have to post a couple to build some interest in playing it too! ;)

Submitted by Kris on Sat, 19/04/08 - 11:08 AM Permalink

Excellent!

I'm looking to put a short video together over the next couple of weeks to build up some hype, would be great if that could be posted when done, cheers!

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 10/06/08 - 10:51 AM Permalink

Reviving an old thread here... but I'm a rather agressive medic in tf2. Lots of people at work are playing it every day :)

Submitted by souri on Tue, 10/06/08 - 5:18 PM Permalink

It seems that if you allow anon. postings in the cms, they apply to everywhere the comment system is being used, including news items and forum.