Skip to main content

48 Hour Challenge #1- Alia/MattD - Challenger #7

Submitted by alia on

MattD and I will be doing a remake of Sopwith Camel/Red baron/Biplanes an old favorite of ours.. (Thrust is NEXT!)

With something to do with endangerd species in there someware...

Atm everything looks like a nail. And verlets look like a hammer.

A.

Submitted by MattD on Fri, 12/03/04 - 1:20 PM Permalink

you and your damn verlets :)

itll certainly be cool to have a finished project :) its quite scary how much we're both looking forward to spending 48 hours not sleeping, consuming what must be illegal amounts of caffine and sugar and generally making sure that monday at work will be totally hellish :)
im planning on taking photos of the progress and what not, it should be fun! (oh boy do we need mental help)

now, back to brushing up on SDL, OpenGL and the niftyness that is rending to textures...

Matt D
ive got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbells

Submitted by souri on Sun, 21/03/04 - 9:54 AM Permalink

Damn, you coder people are nutty [:)]... please get some sleep some time!! I saw Gooberman post an update at around 4.am, and I was getting concerned. hehe

Submitted by MattD on Mon, 22/03/04 - 1:34 PM Permalink

well its dissapointing not to be complete after 48 hours.

but its pretty amusign that we got red camel further than we've got our engine based game in almost two (very part time) years :) we plan on properlly finishing the game (as most of it works) and re-releasing it then.

ive got some photos to put tommorow night too :)

Matt D

Submitted by MattD on Wed, 24/03/04 - 3:24 PM Permalink

well its really starting to take shape now.

its stable, its playable, and most of the features are in. just bombs and some firing issues to fix. sound to add and a few nicities to fix up. we'll have a new binary up tommorow night (different link to the submission) if anyones interested :)

Matt D

Posted by alia on

MattD and I will be doing a remake of Sopwith Camel/Red baron/Biplanes an old favorite of ours.. (Thrust is NEXT!)

With something to do with endangerd species in there someware...

Atm everything looks like a nail. And verlets look like a hammer.

A.

Submitted by MattD on Fri, 12/03/04 - 1:20 PM Permalink

you and your damn verlets :)

itll certainly be cool to have a finished project :) its quite scary how much we're both looking forward to spending 48 hours not sleeping, consuming what must be illegal amounts of caffine and sugar and generally making sure that monday at work will be totally hellish :)
im planning on taking photos of the progress and what not, it should be fun! (oh boy do we need mental help)

now, back to brushing up on SDL, OpenGL and the niftyness that is rending to textures...

Matt D
ive got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbells

Submitted by souri on Sun, 21/03/04 - 9:54 AM Permalink

Damn, you coder people are nutty [:)]... please get some sleep some time!! I saw Gooberman post an update at around 4.am, and I was getting concerned. hehe

Submitted by MattD on Mon, 22/03/04 - 1:34 PM Permalink

well its dissapointing not to be complete after 48 hours.

but its pretty amusign that we got red camel further than we've got our engine based game in almost two (very part time) years :) we plan on properlly finishing the game (as most of it works) and re-releasing it then.

ive got some photos to put tommorow night too :)

Matt D

Submitted by MattD on Wed, 24/03/04 - 3:24 PM Permalink

well its really starting to take shape now.

its stable, its playable, and most of the features are in. just bombs and some firing issues to fix. sound to add and a few nicities to fix up. we'll have a new binary up tommorow night (different link to the submission) if anyones interested :)

Matt D